The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Holset Turbos, PART 7

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone need a .55 BEP dsm housing? It's got the flapper welded shut to run the wastegate off the manifold. I have decided to go wastegate off the o2 and need a new housing. BEP welded mine a little to good LOL.

Anyone need a .55 BEP dsm housing? It's got the flapper welded shut to run the wastegate off the manifold. I have decided to go wastegate off the o2 and need a new housing. BEP welded mine a little to good LOL.

You could still use that housing. :thumb:

Take it to a machine shop and have them drill it open for you. Don't even bother trying it yourself. The amount of time you would invest and the money alone on bits, etc. would cover your machine shop fee.

If you don't have a shop around you, Tim, at Tims turbos would open it up for you. You'd have to ship it to him for the work to be done.

I'm sure this question was brought up in one of these threads, but using the BEP housing on the HX40 and external WG off of o2 housing, will I need to have slim fans for clearance issues?

I'm sure this question was brought up in one of these threads, but using the BEP housing on the HX40 and external WG off of o2 housing, will I need to have slim fans for clearance issues?

I think the 2g's have more room than 1g's but you still may need one. I think what's more important to know, is which manifold you will be mounting it too as some of the manifolds will put the turbo further away from the engine by a small amount which may be enough to make the difference.

I want an HX35 with an external wastegate so what years of Dodge pickups would have this?

Are they all internally gated?

I think the 2g's have more room than 1g's but you still may need one. I think what's more important to know, is which manifold you will be mounting it too as some of the manifolds will put the turbo further away from the engine by a small amount which may be enough to make the difference.

Haha, forgot to mention it's on the FP Race manifold. I know that the manifold moves the turbo back a bit so again, I'm not sure if I'll need to get slim fans. Anyone that is utilizing this setup please let me know if a new rad setup will be needed or not. :thumb:

Just want to say that there is potentially another breed of HX40 out there. I send my CHRA out to Justin to be rebuilt and upon his inspection, he stated that there were 2 turbine seals back-to-back. He stated that he has seen this technology on other turbos but not a Holset until mine.

To me, it's possible that it was machined to accept the 2nd seals as the bearing journals were machined .010 over. Thought I would throw this information out to the public. If I do infact have a unique HX40 then awesome and it's some more information to add, if it's just machined then oh well.

Purchached on Ebay and seller said it was just a standard HX40. No Holset ID plate.

I am running stock radiator and one stock fan. I had to trim the shroud a little but it works fine..

I am running my A/C fan in place of my main fan. And I am running a 10" slim fan for the A/C. With my external off the manifold this was a must. And It makes install/uninstall much easier.

I'll tell you in a few days about fan fitment, but I suspect I'll be able to trim the stock fan shroud enough to make it work. There's no question though, it's going to be a very, very tight fit, and if you have questionable mounts, you'll need to account for motor movement when test-fitting everything.

What's giving me grief right now is making a -12AN drain line snake around the stock roll stop. I'm about this close to placing a tubing order and fabricating a replacement front crossmember (and motor mount cage) to move the front roll stop about an inch and a half to the left. :p

What's giving me grief right now is making a -12AN drain line snake around the stock roll stop.
I normally hack the roll stop- the side closest to the oil pan, until it fits without obstructing the drain.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I normally hack the roll stop- the side closest to the oil pan, until it fits without obstructing the drain.
Realistically, that's probably what I'm going to do, but "clearancing" things like motor mounts usually isn't my first choice; I was mainly just whining. ;) The -12AN fitting I'm trying to wedge into that space is going to require quite a bit of trimming.

(The layout that looks like it's going to work is a 3/4" female flange at the turbo, 3/4"NPT to -12AN 45-degree hose end at each end of the tube, 3/4" NPT female fitting welded to the pan, with a -4AN fitting welded in beside it for the oil feed bypass return. I'll have to post pictures when it's done.)

Haha try routing the -16 AN return that I am using, little tight but I will make it work

Haha try routing the -16 AN return that I am using, little tight but I will make it work

HOLY CRAP, that is a huge return line. I just got my -10 AN stuff for my 50 trim and I was blown away. The one fitting makes my compressor housing look small.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back