The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Holset Turbos, PART 8

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a picture on my drain , i didnt want to remove the oil pan just to weld the bung , and the weld at the top was kinda impossible, and i want it the fitting to be straight as possible,and not to go too further because the hose,was bending"the fitting was to long", since i wasn't able to weld the top part, i use jb weld :D no leaks, no kink's. the flange on the turbo side its' for T6 / S400 so pefect 12an in and out ....

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 143
Are you going to start offering the batmowheel as an option with your rebuilds Justin??

Just get in touch with Bill @ Bullseye for more info on purchasing....from what I understand the diesel guys are going to be gobbling these up as quick as they're being made, which is surely going to drive the price up. If you have a serious interest, you may want to get one fairly soon. ;)

Jus, do you know if theres any machining of the compressor housing of the hx40 that needs to be done to run the batmowheel? Also how do you go about balancing your turbos if you just upgrading a compressor wheel on a turbo thats in perfect working order?

Were daves shootout runs done on the batmowheel? If so what was the diffrence in flow numbers.

Edit: red from what ive read there is no machining required for the instal and there are a ton of people for both sides of the balancing argument. I would get mine balanced though.

Just to throw this out there. At shootout I went 11.3 @ 132 with a 60mm HX40 at 25 psi. 17cm^2 twin scroll T4. This is wastegate pressure by the way. I plan on turning the boost up and hope to hit 10s pretty easily.

Were daves shootout runs done on the batmowheel? If so what was the diffrence in flow numbers.
Nope- I still have the Batmowheel at the shop. The 10.02 was run at 33psi on the 6-blade cast HX40 wheel.

He's anticipating running at PRP this Thursday evening....we're looking for a solid 9 from the standard HX40 before we swap to the Batmowheel to give Bullseye solid airflow numbers at the same boost level, and also to prove the standard 40 wheel as being 9's capable.

Nope- I still have the Batmowheel at the shop. The 10.02 was run at 33psi on the 6-blade cast HX40 wheel.

He's anticipating running at PRP this Thursday evening....we're looking for a solid 9 from the standard HX40 before we swap to the Batmowheel to give Bullseye solid airflow numbers at the same boost level, and also to prove the standard 40 wheel as being 9's capable.

Ok sounds. Looking forward to the new numbers.

Justin, can you pm me about getting one of those housings that i asked you about to adapt to my hot side?

Was there any reason that Dave's car was running only 33psi? Another pound or two would have been nines for sure! I really want to see that car run nines before the monster batmowheel is installed.

Had fun helping swap out the clutch in the subway parking lot, glad we pushed him to get a new best, still a win in my book. Congrats again Dave.

EDIT- just saw the thread in the drag section.

Justin, can you pm me about getting one of those housings that i asked you about to adapt to my hot side?
Just PM me anytime....you know I have them. ;)

Was there any reason that Dave's car was running only 33psi? Another pound or two would have been nines for sure! I really want to see that car run nines before the monster batmowheel is installed.
Electronic boost control solenoid malfunction had the first two passes of the day at 15psi....Dave and Ricky sourced the problem and took the car out on the street for a couple quick pulls to get the boost where it was at; there was no time to do any fine-tuning.

How much difference in spool speed will there be with a hx35 with a..

normal t3 manifold and stock housing

normal t3 manifold and bep .55 housing

twin scroll t3 manifold and stock housing

I know the twin scroll will win (I read all 31 pages) but I'm more interested in the top 2 as they are cheaper

He'll still need the keys to the safe. ;)

LOL

No they do not fit into a H1E without machining.

Im guessing the turbo inlet has to be machined.. would that be all or is there more machining that needs to be done.

I prefer to use the wh1e since it uses the vband compressor cover

Im guessing the turbo inlet has to be machined.. would that be all or is there more machining that needs to be done.

I prefer to use the wh1e since it uses the vband compressor cover
Compressor cover and backplate since the H1E exducer is 83mm and the HX40 wheels are 86mm.

I do prefer the H1 compressor mounting system over the snap ring with no seal on the HX turbos.

Anyone know how much the billet 7 blade hx40 wheels are worth? I'm thinking about selling mine.
Just the compressor? You should get the part number from the back and email G-Pop or contact a Cummins dealer to see what retail would be then go from there. Something tells me the last time I priced a replacement for a customer it was around $280.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back