The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Holset Turbos, PART 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okay i found this on holset site and its different then the last i posted for the super 70 ( 60mm)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What boost pressure will get the highest flow number on this map.

3.2 bar to get above 80+ lb per min right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hummmm interesting, i wonder if i have an exhaust leak of some sort everything is vband though., gonna go on the highway and see what 4th feels like. Tomorrow if someone wants to help critique a log let me know :) im always looking for suggestions.

Stock intake manifold 1g tb, un ported 2g head and bc272s ets 4" fmic.

Havent done a boost leak test in a while but all the hose clamps are tightened down like hell.

Heres a 3rd gear pull LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYzc6koqZH8[/ame]

Bay pix

I'm only hitting 2.2* timing peak thats probably where I'm loosing spool.

Egts arent high cause i use bpr9's

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367632255.471089.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367632255.471089.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey holset users. What to see if anyone can enlighten me on some choices. I have a hx35 t3 12cm twin scroll with t/s manifold. At 25 psi I only made 348hp 373tq....I was wonder if a 16cm t/s housing would be a better choice? Also would spool DRASTICALLY change? Every holset user I see compared to mine, im about 70-90 hp short of them. Timing, blt, and exhausts leaks have been checked, thats why im thinking its the housing. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hey holset users. What to see if anyone can enlighten me on some choices. I have a hx35 t3 12cm twin scroll with t/s manifold. At 25 psi I only made 348hp 373tq....I was wonder if a 16cm t/s housing would be a better choice? Also would spool DRASTICALLY change? Every holset user I see compared to mine, im about 70-90 hp short of them. Timing, blt, and exhausts leaks have been checked, thats why im thinking its the housing. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Need more info, timing fuel AFR, fuel type, Which Hx35 compressor? etc...

Thats not bad for only 25psi. Most guys pushing an hx35 are in the mid 30psi range. Turn it up, the 12cm housing isn't holding you back at those levels. Also your car will spool and make power more quickly on the street than the dyno.

Could also be the dyno itself, they all vary. What kind of dyno was it? Don't take dyno numbers to heart. Its just a tuning tool. Weigh your car and check your trap speeds if you want a more accurate representation of HP IMO.

Timing was 5-6 degrees peak toque dropping to 12-13 degrees at redline. AFR were around 11.8 to 12.0 (using 50/50 meth injection) no knock :) Pump type was 91 octane. Using the 7 blade wheel. At 32xx lbs, my best trap speed was 112mph at tucson AZ Import face off. Any more info needed just ask. So the 12cm housing wont choke up in the 35 psi range? Thats what lead me to switching the housing since my setup was alittle disappointing. Thanks again

Heres the log of the 3rd gear pull, AFR was not loging. Had an external wideband hooked on the tail pipe. AFR was around 11.5 to 11.9. To see log go to data, filter, tps over 80

Attachments

• eclipse hx35 tune 348hp.csv
    66 KB · Views: 101
Timings on the conservative side for 25psi, def a few ponies to be had there. I'd leave everything the way it is and slowly bump the boost a few psi at a time watching knock and plugs. Should be good to 30+ with those settings IMO. I'm sure you'll be in the 2:1 and maybe a bit more on the exh press to intake press ratio. But thats not horrible. The holsets really shine at the higher pressure ratios. I think the 12cm housing is fine. Look what the Hy35 guys are doing with the 9cm housings. On straight pump gas even.... :thumb:

Timings on the conservative side for 25psi, def a few ponies to be had there. I'd leave everything the way it is and slowly bump the boost a few psi at a time watching knock and plugs.

Agreed. You definitely have more in that setup. How much W/M are you spraying?

Like mentioned, look at the HY35 users. Jaxness just recently put down 438hp on straight 93 octane. And bastarddsm has pushed it to 604hp on E85. So crank up the boost, then add some timing if you can, and just keep an eye out for knock. You should have no problem making another 50-70hp.

Last edited:
I'd suggest leaving the timing where it's at and turning up boost. After you reach your desired max boost you can fine tune timing and watch the plugs. True, youre on the conservative side of the timing curve for 25psi, but I think your right around where you want to be for the 30-35+ range. :thumb:

^ I should have been a little more clear. I meant add boost, then add timing. :)

The timing is good, but more would be better if you can get away with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back