The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Holset Turbos, PART 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
635? I think in the Bep. 55 bolt on housing anyway.

Holset turbos are superb but not that magically.

Hx35 bolton housing at 25-26psi with an internal gate: 494whp with c16 . C16 can deliver similar results to e85, IMHO. Now, Jason Morrow had a SMIM, cam upgrade, and a great tune.

However I the HX40 has produce 653whp.

I have Morphius' permission to post up some impressive results from a user who doesn't have the status to access this forum yet. Badman21. 653whp. 40psi with the HX40 with small BEP housing

Check out the Holset Turbo, RESULT ONLY.

It's a V-Band.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

WHat you have to do or atleast what I have to do to take my cover off with a vband hook up isface the turbo compressor cover up totally take the nut off and then pry the clamp down off the lip and let it just dangle around the center section then pull up on the cover. You can't just loosen the nut then pull up

WHat you have to do or atleast what I have to do to take my cover off with a vband hook up isface the turbo compressor cover up totally take the nut off and then pry the clamp down off the lip and let it just dangle around the center section then pull up on the cover. You can't just loosen the nut then pull up

Umm... I mentioned a few threads up that I already have the vband clamp off, the cold side will not separate, seems like it is rusted on. I've pulled, and used a soft rubber mallet and I can't get it to separate. I'm going to spray some PB along the area where the housing joins up and then tomorrow see if I can seperate it easier. :)

Umm... I mentioned a few threads up that I already have the vband clamp off, the cold side will not separate, seems like it is rusted on. I've pulled, and used a soft rubber mallet and I can't get it to separate. I'm going to spray some PB along the area where the housing joins up and then tomorrow see if I can seperate it easier. :)

I know but you never know. Some people think just having it lose it off ;)

Anyway yeah it you took it all the way off then put it upside down and loved tapped the compressor outlet and it didn't come off then yeah I would try you idea and see what happens. It's pretty common though so don't lose hope LOL. Once they have been run for a little they get hard to take off. My hx40 and my hx52 were pretty much new so they came right off but I have helped out people when it has been a pain and love taps turn into come the #### off taps LOLROFL

question also on the hx35 with the bep bolt on housing. what whp estimates for my set up? Im aiming for around 400-450whp max. Hopefully at least 400:

hx35 with bolt on bep housing
96 gas octane
100% pure meth injection system
272/272 cams
stock 1g intake mani (planning on getting a JMF if budget allows)
DSMlink
FWD

with all the supporting mods (not listed in my profile yet coz i have a separate engine being rebuilt for to slap on my hx35).

thanks.

chris b

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that is bench racing, which isn't allowed. You can't expect people to guess what your hp ratings will be just by telling us what your mods are. Get your car over to a dyno, then take it to the track and put down some numbers and then you come tell us how good you're doing.

Exactly. Look at the holset results thread. You can see there is one with the stock hx35 hotside (stock turbine housing) who has seen 600whp trap speeds. So the stock hx35 hotside with a non-divided header is enough flow for 600whp. I'd venture to guess (bench race) that a t3 bep .70 a/r housing is close to the same flow as a stock holset 12cm^2 housing bacause it looks to be close to the same flow and has similar traits (similar voulme centered volute, t3 inlet, vband outlet). With an hx40, the .70 a/r housing spools about 400rpms slower than a bolton housing. A few posts down in the results thread you see the 7blade hx35 flows enough for 60lb/min. This should be good for 580ish whp on a decent setup. 4g63 motors consistantly show better than 10.5hp per lb/min.

There are 2different hx35 compressors a 52lb/min and a 60lb/min. It's pretty clear that one with the 60lb/min wheel and the proper turbine housing can flow enough for much more than what Jason Morrows setup did. But the lag of such an hx35 with a stock housing or .70 a/r bep housing is close to the lag of an hx40. Of course this is all bench racing. It would be nice for someone to prove that the hx35 can spool to full boost by say 3800rpms with the .70a/r housing and prove that it is enough turbine to push the limit of the 60lb/min hx35 compressor. Basically this would be a 60-1 turbo with the spool speed of a td06 20G and much better high boost efficiency than a gt35r.

Im still looking to find a HX-52, I never see none listed on ebay. Slippi where did you pick up yours from? I do searches all the time and never seen any for sale.

Pm me if you really want to know a good place to get hx52's I don't want to put it out so any swinging dick can come see it and try and pick it up for his honda or golf or something trying to bite off us dsm guys LOL.

Anyway I was contacted by a member who can't post yet who has info on the H2A:

Turbine housing is 16 or 18, thats how much I could understand from the rusty surface.
Turbine inlet is a divided T3.
Compressor inducer - 50 mm
Compressor Exducer - 82 mm
(8 blades)

Turbine inducer - 75 mm
Turbine exducer - 64 mm
(11 blades, hard to measure)

Assy. 3523296
Serial H 358573
Customer 420521
Type H2A-8243AL/H16JA3
http://www.hot.ee/kw107/holset.JPG
http://www.hot.ee/kw107/uus.JPG

Exactly. Look at the holset results thread. You can see there is one with the stock hx35 hotside (stock turbine housing) who has seen 600whp trap speeds. So the stock hx35 hotside with a non-divided header is enough flow for 600whp. I'd venture to guess (bench race) that a t3 bep .70 a/r housing is close to the same flow as a stock holset 12cm^2 housing bacause it looks to be close to the same flow and has similar traits (similar voulme centered volute, t3 inlet, vband outlet). With an hx40, the .70 a/r housing spools about 400rpms slower than a bolton housing. A few posts down in the results thread you see the 7blade hx35 flows enough for 60lb/min. This should be good for 580ish whp on a decent setup. 4g63 motors consistantly show better than 10.5hp per lb/min.

There are 2different hx35 compressors a 52lb/min and a 60lb/min. It's pretty clear that one with the 60lb/min wheel and the proper turbine housing can flow enough for much more than what Jason Morrows setup did. But the lag of such an hx35 with a stock housing or .70 a/r bep housing is close to the lag of an hx40. Of course this is all bench racing. It would be nice for someone to prove that the hx35 can spool to full boost by say 3800rpms with the .70a/r housing and prove that it is enough turbine to push the limit of the 60lb/min hx35 compressor. Basically this would be a 60-1 turbo with the spool speed of a td06 20G and much better high boost efficiency than a gt35r.

i have the 7 blade hx 35 so i think im in good line to break the hp record with the 35. im shooting for 500-550 awhp with the bolt on housing:shhh:

I'd like to see this! I'm rooting for you!

Turbine housing is 16 or 18, thats how much I could understand from the rusty surface.
Turbine inlet is a divided T3.
Compressor inducer - 50 mm
Compressor Exducer - 82 mm
(8 blades)

Turbine inducer - 75 mm
Turbine exducer - 64 mm
(11 blades, hard to measure)

Assy. 3523296
Serial H 358573
Customer 420521
Type H2A-8243AL/H16JA3
http://www.hot.ee/kw107/holset.JPG
http://www.hot.ee/kw107/uus.JPG
Hmm, an hx40 turbine wheel with a compressor smaller than my h1c, which is a little smaller than the small hx35 compressor wheel . . .

i have the 7 blade hx 35 so i think im in good line to break the hp record with the 35. im shooting for 500-550 awhp with the bolt on housing:shhh:

I don't doubt you, but it's not that easy. It's more than the turbo that's capable of putting out 600whp+. It also requires mods to the head and block and some fine tuning.

Hx35 bolton housing at 25-26psi with an internal gate: 494whp with c16. Now, Jason Morrow had a SMIM, cam upgrade, and a great tune...
HX-35 Internal at 25-26 psi
mostly C16
750's
standalone EMS
FMIC
Cams
Rods and pistons
Intake mani and TB
and the obvious bolt on's

^I also plan on going that route, I did 410hp on a 16G and that was with boost falling.
This time its better cams, no boost falling and maybe a SMIM this time around.
Thanks for all the info in here and to dsm-onster, he is a nice guy great help.
Also I think "IPT" i think is his username but he has an HX35 in bolt-on housing ready to go.

I don't doubt you, but it's not that easy. It's more than the turbo that's capable of putting out 600whp+. It also requires mods to the head and block and some fine tuning.

i totally understand. im buying a built 2.0 from a local guy that built it himself. the head is built and all so im not too worried about my internals failing. im not the most experienced with tuning so im gonna take it to curt brown since hes local and knows his sh*t. i appreciate the encouragement, it truly helps.

c16 is a hell of a drug man. I believe his claims no doubt if the block wont pop from the strain.

Slippi84 and dsm-onster

If I measured this properly, the compressor wheel on my H2E is 96mm. If that doesnt sound right, let me know how to measure this thing.

Also, I don't think this thing has a T3/T4 size housing... it looks way to big. :(

Found this cool video. It's a good one for anybody who is thinking about getting a turbine housing machined to fit a different wheel. If the wheel is completely different it's not just a matter of boring out the turbine outlet to fit the exducer size of the new wheel. Looks to me like they machine the whole interior surface of the housing to a just-right contour for the new wheel. In this vid they show mostly the compressor housing being machined but I think the same thing would have to apply to the turbine housing. Found this on evom.

YouTube - CBRD BBK turbo upgrade

Gary

Measure the Inducer and Exducer of each wheel. Also measure the distances between the turbine inlet bolts.

I got 60/96 on the compressor wheel. I don't have the turbine housing off yet, I'll do that tomorrow.

I measured the turbine inlet bolts according to the diagram below (from center of stud to center of stud across it) and I got 90mm x 70mm for the inlet bolts.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back