The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Holset Turbos, PART 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some part #'s on my HX-40 pro

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ALSO Has anyone had problems with the compressor housing leaking? Mine was leaking pretty bad on the clamp side of the housing, I found it doing a boost leak test one day. I tried to re-adjust the clamp and set it better but had no luck, I ended up using red RTV to seal it.

Lol, that makes sence,:shhh: For some reason i thought the arrow had to be pointing up. And was thinking mitsu.

Yea if you can find out where i can get that flange for the feed let me know, And im guessing the return is a normal garrett fitting.

Yep the return for my h1c (hx35) and my h1e (hx40) works with a garrett return line flange.

The measurements jive. You have an hx40 turbine wheel. You're good to go.

You have a 16cm^2 turbine housing that is why it is t3 flanged. I've never seen a 16cm^2 hx40 turbine housing with a t4 flange. Most hx40s and h1es have an 18cm^2 turbine housing with a t4 inlet. Hense I wanted to make sure you had what you think you had. The individual scrolls of which about equal a t3 .63 a/r area. The 16cm^2 should be about like a 1.12 a/r twin scroll garrett. I agree with Steve. I think you should run a t3 divided runner manifold too. I feel this is an ideal size housing for the hx40 turbine wheel. What were your plans? Considering the spool of the hx40 turbine wheel with an 18cm^2 NON-divided manifold setup has been proven to be full boost by about 5000rpms. Dividing the pulses with a hair smaller housing will make for great spool speed and with little sacrefice in flow.

What's with all the turbos posted in this thread so far... none of them have ID plates. Are they fake?

Yep the return for my h1c (hx35) and my h1e (hx40) works with a garrett return line flange.

The measurements jive. You have an hx40 turbine wheel. You're good to go.

You have a 16cm^2 turbine housing that is why it is t3 flanged. I've never seen a 16cm^2 hx40 turbine housing with a t4 flange. Most hx40s and h1es have an 18cm^2 turbine housing with a t4 inlet. Hense I wanted to make sure you had what you think you had. The individual scrolls of which about equal a t3 .63 a/r area. The 16cm^2 should be about like a 1.12 a/r twin scroll garrett. I agree with Steve. I think you should run a t3 divided runner manifold too. I feel this is an ideal size housing for the hx40 turbine wheel. What were your plans? Considering the spool of the hx40 turbine wheel with an 18cm^2 NON-divided manifold setup has been proven to be full boost by about 5000rpms. Dividing the pulses with a hair smaller housing will make for great spool speed and with little sacrefice in flow.

Sweet. Yea i will probably use this housing. I might still get the BEP tho. Not sure yet.
I mic'ed the wheels.
56/84 compressor wheel.
64/76 turbine wheel.

So i guess it not a PRO but it will do just fine. I thought all 6 blades wheels were 60mm.

WOW! I have never heard of a 56mm hx40 wheel. It will still flow around 60lb/min. The 7blade hx35 with a 56mm inducer and 84mm exducer and same size compressor housing flows about 60lb/min at maximum.

My HX35 is out of town right now, anyone happen to know the size of the compressor outlet Vband?

Jay two things. One they don't make a mitsu .70ar t3. They are all vband the t3 mitsu outlet is a .55ar. Two both the feed and return are big wholes. I don't think they understood your question because they used the wrong picture. The oil feed and return require a adapter plate that bots up to the wholes opposite each other. I will bring over mine when I move my shell let you take a look. (which by the way will probably be tomorrow night) I like that there are a lot of pictures in this section and that long break down of teh turbos is GREAT because if another tool post something asking about a holset out this thread my head might explode WTFWTFWTFWTF:beatentodeath:

The T3 16cm^2 housing has noticeably narrower runners then the T3 18cm^2 housing. I have both but cant use my 16. If anybody gets a T3 16cm^2 hx40 housing that doesnt want to use it, pm me a price.

Or, does anybody know of a way to get aluminum out of an exhaust housing? I dont know of any way to be sure i got all of it out. Any suggestions?

Air compressor set to 140psi and an airgun :).

This was melted aluminum that solidified in the housing. I dont know if i could melt it out or chip it out or what. Id hate to not get it all out and mess up my turbine. Its probably a lost cause. Maybe ill get lucky and somebody will get one and want to use a BEP housing.

WOW! I have never heard of a 56mm hx40 wheel. It will still flow around 60lb/min. The 7blade hx35 with a 56mm inducer and 84mm exducer and same size compressor housing flows about 60lb/min at maximum.

Hmmm So basically its like a 6 blade hx35/40 hybrid. Weird.

Well. You have an hx40 because of the turbine wheel. If you had an hx35 turbine wheel, you would have a hybrid. You have an hx40 with a compressor wheel that probably flows as much as the 8blade 58mm compressor.

woot! My H2E is out for delivery! Hopefully the UPS guy brings it early rather than after 4pm which is usually the case with my area.

Why did the guys that chose to go with the hx52 pick that turbo and not a hx50 or hx55? What makes these 2 not appealing? Im trying to gather info for another project i have and seem to find alot of used hx55s for cheap.

Why did the guys that chose to go with the hx52 pick that turbo and not a hx50 or hx55? What makes these 2 not appealing? Im trying to gather info for another project i have and seem to find alot of used hx55s for cheap.

I got my hx52 almost brand new for 330 shipped ;)

My H2E arrived about 10 minutes ago. This thing is huge, and heavy. It needs a little cleaning up but I think this thing will be great. What exactly do you want measured dsm-onster or Slippi84?

Do I just take the clamp off the cold side and measure the turbine width? Anyway let me know what you need.

My H2E arrived about 10 minutes ago. This thing is huge, and heavy. It needs a little cleaning up but I think this thing will be great. What exactly do you want measured dsm-onster or Slippi84?

Do I just take the clamp off the cold side and measure the turbine width? Anyway let me know what you need.

Take off the compressor cover and measure the wheel.

Hmm, I took off the band and the housing doesn't seem to want to come off. Any special procedure to removing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back