The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Holset Turbos, PART 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASSY# 3522064 = H2C, why would you not be interested in it? The H2C is an early model HX40 and would be just fine to use.

To dsmonster...

I found a place to do the machine work so i can still be t4. It just has to be an O-trim housing (like you said). Turbonetics turbine housings are the same as garretts right? I found a t4 .70 a/r divided turbonetics housing online. Is that to small?(because its divided) Would a .84 divided housing be better? Im thinking my setup would be a divided .84 housing with my undivided t4 mani, OR t4 .70 a/r UNdivided housing . What do you think would be best?

Good job boosted now all you need is one more wastegate and your set :thumb: I am far behind you with a start up vid but looking forward to see what the hx52 can do with that JHR manifold.

ok guys so i just bought my holset on eBay from what im seeing its a 7-blade, anyone want to confirm this turbo or tell me if i got a good deal on it?eBay Motors: Holset Hx 35 Turbocharger , Turbo Cummins L@@K (item 270304157518 end time Nov-16-08 16:18:30 PST)

Yup looks like a good deal to me. Got mine for $275 with less miles on it but had crappy yellow paint on the compressor housing.

I suggest that you send it to justin (jusmx141) to have it rebuilt just to make sure :) You can see how he took care of my hx35 and i had my BEP bolt on housing shipped to him and he installed it for me. Check out post #84 for pics.

chris b

Yup looks like a good deal to me. Got mine for $275 with less miles on it but had crappy yellow paint on the compressor housing.

I suggest that you send it to justin (jusmx141) to have it rebuilt just to make sure :) You can see how he took care of my hx35 and i had my BEP bolt on housing shipped to him and he installed it for me. Check out post #84 for pics.

chris b

:D I was just about to ask who could rebuild one of these.

ASSY# 3522064 = H2C, why would you not be interested in it? The H2C is an early model HX40 and would be just fine to use.

No the h1e is an 'early model' hx40. Here's the only map of an h2c I have:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Flows about as much as an 8blade (7755AX compressor) hx35. . . This 8625N compressor map MAY, possible, could be, maybe depicting the same compressor as the big 54mm h1c. There are definately other compressor wheels that are found on the h2c other than the above compressor map. That is a 60mm 8blade compressor. I think andy4g63 has an h1e with a 60mm 8blade compressor. . . Ask for the turbine wheel diameters. It looks like they have the hx5* size turbine wheel. With hx35/hx40 size compressors. . .

Web info on the H2C:

Turbo Holset H2C and what can it used for - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Holset H2c - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
H2c for sale
Particular H2C specs

ihatedsms, I suggest the .70 a/r divided housing. Now no one knows for sure how the holset 18-19cm^2 housing would spool with a divided manifold, but the garrett .70 a/r divided should be in the range of the holset 16cm^2 turbine housing. This is what I would run. This is what I want to run on my h1e (hx40) when I swap.

So, what do you guys think of running 2 HX35s on a Chevy 396 with TBI? A little project that I am working on with an uncle. Could be interesting.

Well, he's running 10:1 compression on cast internals and we'd be on a budget.

Basically:
2 T3 Holests
2 Custom manifolds
2 Tial 44mm
1 Tial 50mm BOV
Throttle Body Injection
Custom Piping
Meth Injection and no Intercooler

A Single HX40 of HX52 could also work, but would require a more intricately designed manifold.

So, what do you guys think of running 2 HX35s on a Chevy 396 with TBI? A little project that I am working on with an uncle. Could be interesting.

Well, he's running 10:1 compression on cast internals and we'd be on a budget.

How much can the internals of a stock 396 handle? . . . I don't think 1000whp, right? Or even 800whp. I think they're a little big.

A single hx52 would have much less lag and would have close to 800whp potential.

i bought a book about a month ago and it has all of the up to date Holset compressor maps in it. the book says Holset hasn't released the maps to anybody else but the writer of the book. if anybody is interested i can scan and post them.

How much can the internals of a stock 396 handle? . . . I don't think 1000whp, right? Or even 800whp. I think they're a little big.

A single hx52 would have much less lag and would have close to 800whp potential.

I didn't see the post about 10:1 on cast pistons until I'd already hit submit. Had the thread open for a little while before I read it. No way should that engine be turbocharged, especially without an intercooler. I'll bet it'd grenade at less than 10psi. Granted though, it might break your neck from acceleration before it blows.

I didn't see the post about 10:1 on cast pistons until I'd already hit submit. Had the thread open for a little while before I read it. No way should that engine be turbocharged, especially without an intercooler. I'll bet it'd grenade at less than 10psi. Granted though, it might break your neck from acceleration before it blows.

Nah, we would only run 6-8 psi. The motor should handle that just fine. I have talking him into a single Holset of some kind (we're not building a drag truck here, just having a little fun) and direct port EFI as opposed to TBI. For 6-8 psi, meth injection should be fine.

On another note, I'll getting my Tial o2 housing from PR for christmas hopefully. Then I'll be all set to drop the holset turbo of my choice onto the GSX.

i bought a book about a month ago and it has all of the up to date Holset compressor maps in it. the book says Holset hasn't released the maps to anybody else but the writer of the book. if anybody is interested i can scan and post them.

PLEASE!!!!! Is there any information about which map goes with which compressor wheel. For example, there is a 45mm, 50mm, 52mm, 54mm h1c. . .

Been a while since I've posted. My car was down with a bent valve and I was depressed but I wanted to post another successful Holset install. Biggest pain I really had was the stupid C-Clip popped out for the compressor housing when I was trying to rotate it into position in the car. Rotated it, marked it and pulled everything to put it back in. Oh and the oil drain was a pain in the butt. I did not use any spacers, I'm using the Bullseye .55AR housing on an HX35 with a stock 2g manifold. I dented the water pipe while it was still in the car and had to trim the fan in order to fit my IC piping and 2.5-2.25" silicone 90. I'll take pics if anyone wants them.

Tom

here are the maps fellas. just open them in your own app and you can zoom in and read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back