The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Holset Turbos, PART 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats all I'am waiting on is the track to open which isnt until April 18th:notgood:. They I will have my numbers for my HX40 in a BEP mitu. Oh will I guess it gives me time to street tune. Oh and put the new clutch so it wont slip. Still have to find a way to fap up a actuator for the wastegate, no boost sucks but keeps me out of trouble.:D

Check the results thread for ideas. I'm running the internal gate right now.

What can anybody tell me about this H1C?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Do any of you guys have pictures of your exhaust setup on a bep vband housing? I mocked up my new t3 manifold with my hx40, and the exhaust situation is going to be a pain. I'm just hoping a few pictures or ideas will get my mind going and figure this out.

What can anybody tell me about this H1C?

Um, it looks like that's actually a 2. I found this on a diesel forum:

H2C
compressor wheel, inducer 62mm / exducer 92mm
turbine wheel, inducer 85mm / exducer 75mm
turbine housing 18cm²

A little bit bigger than the HX40.

edit: Did some more searching, seems like the housing is 22cm, so don't quote me on the other numbers either. But everyone seems to claim they are very big and can flow plenty for 600hp

Do any of you guys have pictures of your exhaust setup on a bep vband housing? I mocked up my new t3 manifold with my hx40, and the exhaust situation is going to be a pain. I'm just hoping a few pictures or ideas will get my mind going and figure this out.

I would also be interested in seeing some pics.

Most likely have to buy a Alt. relocation kit I dont recall seeing to many if any with the alt. in the stock location.

I was worried about that. What about the oil filter housing? I still have the water cooled one, which I would like to keep if possible. Are you guys going to the front facing version? This is why I want to see pictures if anybody is able. I need to see what if anything can stay as is.

This is the best pic I have saved It's a menbers car on here if I recall he sold the setup? I think it was even in this PT5. I dont run a v-band outlet so I cant say about the front facing oil filter I would think you would almost have to. I know it would be alot more space to work with.:thumb:

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 316
This is the best pic I have saved It's a menbers car on here if I recall he sold the setup? I think it was even in this PT5. I dont run a v-band outlet so I cant say about the front facing oil filter I would think you would almost have to. I know it would be alot more space to work with.:thumb:

Do you run the car with no dump pipes?

He dd he sold that whole car and parted out his turbo setup. You can keep the regular oil housing on it works just fine.

H2C
turbine housing 18cm²

edit: Did some more searching, seems like the housing is 22cm, so don't quote me on the other numbers either. But everyone seems to claim they are very big and can flow plenty for 600hp

Yeah, I meant to put h2c. Thanks for the info.

H2C
turbine housing 18cm²

I think there was a typo at your source. Those compressor measurements are more inline with the h2e. But the h2c has those turbine wheel measurements and a compressor that likely flows about as much as an hx35 compressor. This is turbo commonly found on boat motors. Constant rpms, so there's no need to worry about lag. Just looking for as little back pressure as possible but still extract enough energy to spin the compressor wheel. No giant compressor wheel needed just one with the right efficiency at the right flow and boost for the motor.

If you run this thing, you will have serious lag, like hx52 lag, but you'll get some he!!a hp numbers at low boost :). Definately run a divided runner manifold if you choose this. Your spool speed may actually be reasonable like the above car which was b00stedtalon2's hx52 divided runner setup. He did see 15psi by 4800rpms :) Fairly amazing for a 90lb/min turbo.

I think there was a typo at your source. Those compressor measurements are more inline with the h2e. But the h2c has those turbine wheel measurements and a compressor that likely flows about as much as an hx35 compressor. This is turbo commonly found on boat motors. Constant rpms, so there's no need to worry about lag. Just looking for as little back pressure as possible but still extract enough energy to spin the compressor wheel. No giant compressor wheel needed just one with the right efficiency at the right flow and boost for the motor.

If you run this thing, you will have serious lag, like hx52 lag, but you'll get some he!!a hp numbers at low boost :). Definately run a divided runner manifold if you choose this. Your spool speed may actually be reasonable like the above car which was b00stedtalon2's hx52 divided runner setup. He did see 15psi by 4800rpms :) Fairly amazing for a 90lb/min turbo.

It's actually a friends turbo. He is thinking about putting it on his TPI(5.7L) firebird and running about 8-10psi.

It should work much better for him. LT1 or LS? Ask him to get the measurement of the inducer. If it's anything 56mm or over he should be good for 500whp.

It's a tuned port injection motor(tpi). It is in the early 90's and late 80's camaros and firebirds(iroc body style). I will tell him to measure it and see what he comes up with.

Someone wanted a picture. This is a pie cut welded custom DP. The reason for pie cutting is because I couldn't get the right angle. May be if you buy 3" donut, it will be easier, but donuts aren't cheap.

I used a regular steel U-J shaped mandrel bent tubing and it was more than enough.

Alternator is getting on the back of the motor,cause right now the DP is simply killing it, regardless of the fact, that is wrapped. Already bought relocation kit. :hellyeah::hellyeah:

Attachments

• DSCN1551.jpg
    DSCN1551.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN1552.jpg
    DSCN1552.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 279
Someone wanted a picture. This is a pie cut welded custom DP. The reason for pie cutting is because I couldn't get the right angle. May be if you buy 3" donut, it will be easier, but donuts aren't cheap.

I used a regular steel U-J shaped mandrel bent tubing and it was more than enough.

Alternator is getting on the back of the motor,cause right now the DP is simply killing it, regardless of the fact, that is wrapped. Already bought relocation kit. :hellyeah::hellyeah:

Mine is very very similar. My issue was when I relocated to the back of the block with the Jay Racing alternator kit, I had the Jay Racing alternator relocation mount crack in half on me... 3 different times on 3 different mounts. I won't lie when I say that I have seen others with cracked mounts. I personally know 2 other individuals with cracked JR relocation mounts.

So far I haven't killed any alternators and it's been on for a good 4000miles.

Mine is very very similar. My issue was when I relocated to the back of the block with the Jay Racing alternator kit, I had the Jay Racing alternator relocation mount crack in half on me... 3 different times on 3 different mounts. I won't lie when I say that I have seen others with cracked mounts. I personally know 2 other individuals with cracked JR relocation mounts.

So far I haven't killed any alternators and it's been on for a good 4000miles.

Thats great:notgood: I have mine, just waiting until I install my intake to relocate the alt for the same issue. I read some posts about them breaking on the link site.

This looks similar to what I am going to have to do. Id really like to stay away from the pie cut method, but more as a personal prefference than anything else.

Can you tell me what oil filter housing you are using, as well as your oil cooer situation? thanks.

One reason, why I'm opting for a top mount exhaust manifold this season. The other it makes building a divided runner manifold much easier.

Why would that be? I never really considered a top mount...but since I'm in the process of designing my own manifold its worth looking in to.

It's easier to send the pipes down and cross them and send them up. Or better with the bends any way. There are a few 45's but mostly just the 90s down and the 180s back up. Much smoother and a good long straight shot into the exhaust housing. Plenty of length to y the pipes together.

FYI-- Turbo Trader is out of HX40 Bolt on housings til mid march.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back