The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Holset Turbos, PART 6

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did you pay for the ATI and where'd you get it?

It's $400. I got from ExtremePSI. I try to get everything from them. IMO they have the best CS and decent prices. Here is a link to the dampener.

ATI Super Dampener

So would an 8-blade HX40 compare more to a bolt-on 30r than a bolt on 35r? Looking at the compressor wheel sizes it seems to be right in between, but performance wise seems to hang with the 35r's. It definitely outspools them both.

alright so i have had my 7-blade hx-35 on for a couple of months now with a .55 Bolt on BEP. I think it spools to fast for my taste, call me crazy but anywhere from 3600-redline if i give it more than 15% throttle im hitting full boost, its either no boost or full boost because once that wheel starts spooling theirs no stopping it unless i let off the gas. so i have decided im going to go with the 12^cm housing in a T3 Manifold. my question is how do i go about building a downpipe for it? I know i need the Ebay adapter plate but as far as bends go which ones do i need and where to get them?

So would an 8-blade HX40 compare more to a bolt-on 30r than a bolt on 35r? Looking at the compressor wheel sizes it seems to be right in between, but performance wise seems to hang with the 35r's. It definitely outspools them both.

An 8-blade HX40 60 lbs/mins falls right in between the 30r 52 lbs/mins and 35r 65 lbs/mins power wise yet it spools faster than both of them. If you want to overpower a 35r the 6-blade or 7-blade would do it both power and spool wise.

Where would I go about getting my hands on an HX40 with the billet wheel?

And what would you guys recommend for a turbo to make 600-650 AWHP? HX40 pro,s362ett or s366 ett? I am running a t3 manifold so I need to stay in that area. I have full supporting mods to make that kind of power. For the price will an off the shelf hx40 7 blade in the BEP .70 t3 housing almost make that power.

An 8-blade HX40 60 lbs/mins falls right in between the 30r 52 lbs/mins and 35r 65 lbs/mins power wise yet it spools faster than both of them. If you want to overpower a 35r the 6-blade or 7-blade would do it both power and spool wise.

I would but I already have a BEP housing 8-blade HX40 sitting next to my bed ;)

Well, 1FAST2G made a 139.03 mph pass with 2760lb race weight. That's 580whp. 33psi at peak hp with a his street tune, and stock 6bolt. His dyno obviously reads low. . .

This is using the 8blade hx40 compressor, stock 7.8 pistons, and bolton housing with portmatched 2g manifold OMG!

That is awesome, actually, I think he mentioned a JMF SMIM and FP2 cams. But this is very impressive. This trap is for 10.2-10.3 pass. My friend ran 10.6@ 136, several times, so I think it is safe, that I made that/about 10.2-3/ assumption.

P.S. 1FAST 2G, do you get enough traction and kind of tires did you use???

Overall excellent work !!!

We need a better mitsu-flanged o2 housing. The turbine outlet of any of these BEP housings is larger than the inlet of any o2 housing I could find. I'm running an FP manifold so I'm going with external off the o2. I'm using punishment's 38mm recirculated piece but this makes for a step down from the turbine housing to o2. Also the recirculation tube comes back into the exhaust path at about a 90* angle, further disrupting flow. I'd love to use this eBay Motors: 95-99 Eclipse 2G DSM 46MM WG O2 Housing Dump Pipe 4G63 (item 260364826242 end time Feb-26-09 00:26:28 PST) o2 but I already have a 38mm gate. Should I be concerned about the o2 being a bottleneck? Your running about the exact same thing Matt, what do you think?

-John

That is awesome, actually, I think he mentioned a JMF SMIM and FP2 cams. But this is very impressive. This trap is for 10.2-10.3 pass. My friend ran 10.6@ 136, several times, so I think it is safe, that I made that/about 10.2-3/ assumption.

Oh there is still more in this. The turbo was flowing 3lb/min less than the map shows at 60%. Not many guys run such low timing with e-85 with such low compression, too! On the link forums he said that he just rolled on the dyno with his street tune and that is his results. No dyno tuning. It's not like he could push it much more with stock rods and pistons.

That day at the track I didn't get my run in till about 5:45pm and the track was cold. I usually do a small burn out in the water box and this helps get my 60's down into the 1.7's and sometimes 1.6's. I didn't do one this time though cause my car was leaking coolant out of the overflow the first time I went up to run and they didn't let me run. So since this was the last pass for the day I didn't want to do a burn out and push coolant out.

I'm running 225 45 17 kumho mx's. The car has a JM stret smim and fp2's. I didn't do no tunning on the dyno cause I felt that 534hp was enough for the stock rods and pistons.

I know the car has mid 10's in it at least once I get some drag radials and a better shifting tranny. This trans is notchy. When the car is off I can't shift through the gears with out using the clutch, thats how notchy it is.

That day at the track I didn't get my run in till about 5:45pm and the track was cold. I usually do a small burn out in the water box and this helps get my 60's down into the 1.7's and sometimes 1.6's. I didn't do one this time though cause my car was leaking coolant out of the overflow the first time I went up to run and they didn't let me run. So since this was the last pass for the day I didn't want to do a burn out and push coolant out.

I'm running 225 45 17 kumho mx's. The car has a JM stret smim and fp2's. I didn't do no tunning on the dyno cause I felt that 534hp was enough for the stock rods and pistons.

I know the car has mid 10's in it at least once I get some drag radials and a better shifting tranny. This trans is notchy. When the car is off I can't shift through the gears with out using the clutch, thats how notchy it is.

Yea your car still has a lot left in it, especially with your current bolt ons.
Good numbers, and your race weight is 2760? Is that with driver, I cant imagen it being that low on a 2g unless its seriously gutted, that even a good deal lighter than my Laser ( 2850 w/ me in it)... But if so, good stuff.

We need a better mitsu-flanged o2 housing. The turbine outlet of any of these BEP housings is larger than the inlet of any o2 housing I could find. I'm running an FP manifold so I'm going with external off the o2. I'm using punishment's 38mm recirculated piece but this makes for a step down from the turbine housing to o2. Also the recirculation tube comes back into the exhaust path at about a 90* angle, further disrupting flow. I'd love to use this eBay Motors: 95-99 Eclipse 2G DSM 46MM WG O2 Housing Dump Pipe 4G63 (item 260364826242 end time Feb-26-09 00:26:28 PST) o2 but I already have a 38mm gate. Should I be concerned about the o2 being a bottleneck? Your running about the exact same thing Matt, what do you think?

-John

I noticed this too when I matched up my BEP housing with my punishment o2 housing. I am thinking of porting the punishment flange just at a little angle to make the transition a little bit smoother. I'm interested in everyone else's opinions as well.

^^^ that is what I did with my ebay tubular o2 housing. Spool with my turbo is as good as anyone elses, so I assume it's *OK*. Anything that will help here will really help flow. It's a big deal, and I don't like settling with radiusing the entry to the o2 housing.

The o2 housing I have is custom made and it had just enough material to port match it perfectly to the right size :)

Now if only Tims Turbo machined my housing perfectly to match my HX-40..

Yea your car still has a lot left in it, especially with your current bolt ons.
Good numbers, and your race weight is 2760? Is that with driver, I cant imagen it being that low on a 2g unless its seriously gutted, that even a good deal lighter than my Laser ( 2850 w/ me in it)... But if so, good stuff.

Yea it is seriously gutted. Still all factory panels and glass. Still on the stock power leather seat. The car weighs 2520 and I weigh 240.

All sound deadening removed. No stereo or speakers. no sway bars, no exhaust (just stock DP). Door bars removed. No power anything. custom rewired to only have head lights, parking lights, brake lights and a horn. Main wiring harness stripped down to only bare essentials. heat shielding from the drive shaft tunnel removed. All un needed metal from the trunk removed. No wipers, no wing. Thats all the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.

So im gonna pick up my hx35 tomorrow for 150bucks:rocks: the guy is throwing the used for 150 and a spare hx35 for parts! So thats 2 of them for 150:hellyeah:

Has anybody ordered a DSM housing recently from anybody? Anyone know if theyre still available?

Ill post some pics for you guys when i get back.

Attachments

• hholsets.jpg
    hholsets.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,234
I just joined the club too :) Rebuilt 7-blade HX35, hoping to have it replace my 16g in about a month and a half

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So im gonna pick up my hx35 tomorrow for 150bucks:rocks: the guy is throwing the used for 150 and a spare hx35 for parts! So thats 2 of them for 150:hellyeah:

Has anybody ordered a DSM housing recently from anybody? Anyone know if theyre still available?

Ill post some pics for you guys when i get back.
Haha I saw this same ad on craigslist, and I was sooo tempted to give him a call, but I really want a HX40, so I didn't want to settle even though that HX35 - with the "spare parts turbo" included - was a steal. Good stuff man :hellyeah:

My hx-52 build is just getting underway. I ordered my rotating assembly last week from magnus motorsports. I got their 2.4l long rod billet kit. It will use their custom 9:1 pistons, aluminum rods, and crankshaft. Hopefully the added displacement and the better rod ratio will allow me to spool this monster faster and rev higher to give me a nice powerband.

The next item I plan on purchasing is a manifold, but I am not sure what would work best. I am thinking about the shearer top mount, but I am worried about fit and clearance with my 2g. Do any of you hx52 guys have any info on that?

Thanks,
Justin

For anyone looking for Bolt on Housings. Theturbotrader is taking pre orders. That way you will know you will be getting on. You will need to call in to get your name on the list. There are only going to be 25 housings made and that covers both the HX35 and HX40.

I am getting the feeling too.. Glad I have had mine for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back