The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Holset Turbos, PART 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there is a .70 A/R avaliable for the HX-35 in a bolt on type? I am currently running the .55A/R and am wanting a little more from it. If not then i might just go to the HX-40 with the .55A/R since the .70 will probably be to laggy for me... Let me know what you guys know...:thumb: thanx

mike

Does anyone know if there is a .70 A/R avaliable for the HX-35 in a bolt on type? I am currently running the .55A/R and am wanting a little more from it. If not then i might just go to the HX-40 with the .55A/R since the .70 will probably be to laggy for me...

I'm not sure if the casting will work with that wheel, it would depend on whether the hole is small enough before it's machined. I can find out tomorrow. If not, I still have the divided T3 housing for an HX35 available.

The HX35 can fit in the .70 housings. They just have only cut them for the HX40 if there are enough people interested I am sure they would cut them for the HX35

But does BEP offer the .70 a/r housing w/ the MHI bolt pattern? That is what GORBS88 i wondering.

I'd like to know this as well. This SHOULD flow in between the bep housing and the 12cm^2 holset housing.

But does BEP offer the .70 a/r housing w/ the MHI bolt pattern? That is what GORBS88 i wondering.

I'd like to know this as well. This SHOULD flow in between the bep housing and the 12cm^2 holset housing.

Yes, that is what i am wondering. Thank you.
I won't bother tryin to get them to cut me one if it's only offered with a T-3 flange. I just bought a DNP tube manifold with mitsu flange and don't really want to have to buy another one right away.
My other option would be to buy the HX-40 and continue to use the .55A/R. Any other ideas??

OK , I am now the owner of a 6 bladed Full Holset HX40 with the stck T3 16cm hsing. I will assume that I can go three different routes as far as turbine hsings are concerned.

1. Go for a stck 12cm hsing if they even have that for the HX40?
2. put on a T3 divided .70AR hsing.
3. go with a .55 BEP hsing but i'm wondering if the one from my Holset HX40/35 hsing would wrk with this 6 bladed HX40 I bought.

By the way are all of the 6bladed HX40 turbo's called HX40pro's?

P.S.My HX40/35 hybrid which is new, will be for sale.

OK , I am now the owner of a 6 bladed Full Holset HX40 with the stck T3 16cm hsing. I will assume that I can go three different routes as far as turbine hsings are concerned.

1. Go for a stck 12cm hsing if they even have that for the HX40?
3. go with a .55 BEP hsing but i'm wondering if the one from my Holset HX40/35 hsing would wrk with this 6 bladed HX40 I bought.

By the way are all of the 6bladed HX40 turbo's called HX40pro's?

P.S.My HX40/35 hybrid which is new, will be for sale.

1. I don't believe there are 12cm housings for the straight HX40. You could have a 12cm HX35 housing machined out to fit it, a friend of mine did this. He didn't end up running it, as it moved the turbo location too much compared to the BEP housing. This was on a Dodge Spirit R/T though. Firewall clearance is much different.

2. If they offer it, haven't followed up with the information posted above.

3. Like the 12cm Hx35 housing, this would have to be machined out. The hx40/35 hybrid uses the smaller turbine wheel compared to the full Hx40. I think it would be easier to source a HX40 BEP housing.

So BEP did come out with a .70 hot side? Also Steve thanks for the dyno figures as my '93 with the HX-35/40 was running similar times, 11.68 at 122 best. Is Andy moraitis still around here? I checked to send a PM and the last he posted was 12/31/06 and I would desperatly like to get ahold of him. By the way guys I am driving DSM fodder, a '99 Mustang GT! 14.02 with about $3k in mods that don't do anything! Sure miss a turbo but addig one to a Stang is too costly. Take care all, Mark

1. I don't believe there are 12cm housings for the straight HX40. You could have a 12cm HX35 housing machined out to fit it, a friend of mine did this. He didn't end up running it, as it moved the turbo location too much compared to the BEP housing. This was on a Dodge Spirit R/T though. Firewall clearance is much different.

2. If they offer it, haven't followed up with the information posted above.

3. Like the 12cm Hx35 housing, this would have to be machined out. The hx40/35 hybrid uses the smaller turbine wheel compared to the full Hx40. I think it would be easier to source a HX40 BEP housing.
Well is the 16cm a keeper or will it be too laggy?

But does BEP offer the .70 a/r housing w/ the MHI bolt pattern?

No, T3 flanged.

The .70 is NOT divided.

Also Steve thanks for the dyno figures as my '93 with the HX-35/40 was running similar times, 11.68 at 122 best.

Thanks, the car has tons more in it, I just need better tires so I can actually go WOT for the whole pass instead of feathering it to keep the thing straight. Then I'll put race gas in it and see what it can really do. :talon:

No, T3 flanged.

Thank-you, now i know. So it looks like my only option is to upgrade to the hx-40 with the .55a/r which should be perfect for lag or to go to the hx-40 with the .70 but then i would have to change my manny. How efficient is it to use a adaptor to go from the mitsu flange to the t-3? Is this worth using?
One more question if i was to go to the 40 with the .70a/r would it be to laggy for a 2.0litre? Car is still a daily driver... Any thoughts?

Do you guys think we could talk BEP into making the .70 housing in a mitsu flange? I think it would be pretty popular. I know I'd like to run it.

Well let's get some people together who would want some, either in the 35 or the 40. I would order one for sure
Nick from the turbo trader said that he could probably get them to cut some if there was enough interest.. SO lets get a list together of all the interested people here...

JWOODLEY
GORBS88

How efficient is it to use a adaptor to go from the mitsu flange to the t-3? Is this worth using?
One more question if i was to go to the 40 with the .70a/r would it be to laggy for a 2.0litre? Car is still a daily driver... Any thoughts?

I dont think the turbine housing would clear the block with an adapter. Your best bet would be to just get a proper T3 flanged manifold for it. Based on my spool time, I'd think an HX40 in the .70 housing would see 30psi in the low 5s.

Do you guys think we could talk BEP into making the .70 housing in a mitsu flange? I think it would be pretty popular. I know I'd like to run it.

Well let's get some people together who would want some, either in the 35 or the 40. I would order one for sure
Nick from the turbo trader said that he could probably get them to cut some if there was enough interest.. SO lets get a list together of all the interested people here...

Don't hold your breath. We've tried before to get a bigger AR bolt-on, they just dont see enough interest and honestly, DSMs barely make a dent in their overall sales anymore. It's not simply a matter of just machining it, you're talking about a new casting. You'd have to have an order for several hundred to make it remotely worthwhile. If you're serious about it, you'd have to pool all the BEP vendors together and get them all to agree to buy "x" amount of turbos with this housing. That or foot the bill yourself and wait until the whole batch sells to recoup your costs. That's why I went with the S258 in the .70 T3 housing, just alot simpler in the end.

I dont think the turbine housing would clear the block with an adapter. Your best bet would be to just get a proper T3 flanged manifold for it. Based on my spool time, I'd think an HX40 in the .70 housing would see 30psi in the low 5s.

That's why I went with the S258 in the .70 T3 housing, just alot simpler in the end.
So Steve should I just keep the stck 16cm hsing on my HX40pro or will it be laggier than the T3.70AR hsing? Or is the .55AR Bep HSING my best option?

Quickest spool

BEP .55 >.70>16cm

Top End power

16cm> .70 > .55

Bolt on

.55 Mitsu

Quickest spool

BEP .55 >.70>16cm

Top End power

16cm> .70 > .55

Bolt on

.55 Mitsu

How laggy is the stock t-3 housing on the hx-35? I have the stock housing still but i am not to sure how to measure it???
There seem to be many sizes available..
help

We need to compile a list of HP output for the HX35, HX40 (and variants), and the HX40/35 and make note what housing was used on the pull. We could also add 1/4 mile times to boot.

The .70 might be the best option for the 1/4mile & I guess the .55 for the street.The 16cm would perhaps make the car suffer alot of lag.

What manifold do you have/are you getting? If you are going to get a new manifold anyways, I would just say get a T3(Turbonetics or other) and go with the .70 AR BEP housing, as it would be the best bang for your buck. You will sacrifice some spool, but the top end would be much better than the .55 bolt on housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back