The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Holset Turbos, PART 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe what you want!!!

Right now i am running the HX40 6 blade in the bigger T3 .70 A/R housing WITH 272 cams and i get 20 psi at 4400 RPM. I can't log so theres no proof on (paper) per say but that's how well it spools.
When i ran it with the bolt on housing i got 20psi by 4000 WITH 272's.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How would u compare the way the car feels all through out the Rpm range comparing the .55 a/r housing compared to the .70 a/r housing?

I pretty much have an idea.

Believe what you want!!!

Right now i am running the HX40 6 blade in the bigger T3 .70 A/R housing WITH 272 cams and i get 20 psi at 4400 RPM. I can't log so theres no proof on (paper) per say but that's how well it spools.
When i ran it with the bolt on housing i got 20psi by 4000 WITH 272's.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you had a turbo that spooled by 4k and could make 650whp why did you upgrade???Even more reason to go t3 .70ar because 4400 rpms full boost and more power is worth it.

Edit: After reading I didn't want it to come across like I was trying to call you out or say your lying I just want to see proof before I go investing because I'm looking at 185 for the hosuing then however much a custom dp setup is.

How do these turbos compare to the extended tip borg warner turbos? a hx40 and s362 can both be put in a .55ar bolt on housing and .70ar t3 housing. Performance wise anyone know which seems to perform better?

Let get two things straight.Whoever posted the results for full boost rpm, please specify the gear you were into. Cause I know for a fact that Gorbs posted his results for 4 gear, Steve 93, I think means 3rd. And second:

Look at the size of that freakin turbine wheel, it is 75mm inducer; 63mm exducer. That is not small by any means. GT 40 has 77mm wheel, for example. I am not comparing though.

How would u compare the way the car feels all through out the Rpm range comparing the .55 a/r housing compared to the .70 a/r housing?

I pretty much have an idea.

Well at first when i was running it at lower boost levels (24) psi the bottom end seemed a little soggy cause it didnt hit as hard but once i turned the boost to 29psi it was a different animal. The torque hit would be just as good and the power woud just continue to climb until 6500 rpm then it really would pull HARD till 8000rpm.
The power band isnt so peaky and more usable. Realistically the smaller housing was more then enough for me but since i was able to sell my old manny and stuff it was alot easier to spend the little extra money.

I also ran the hx-35 in the small .55 housing and was alittle disapointed in it but i think the hx-40 (6blade) in the smaller housing did work really well.

Well at first when i was running it at lower boost levels (24) psi the bottom end seemed a little soggy cause it didnt hit as hard but once i turned the boost to 29psi it was a different animal. The torque hit would be just as good and the power woud just continue to climb until 6500 rpm then it really would pull HARD till 8000rpm.
The power band isnt so peaky and more usable. Realistically the smaller housing was more then enough for me but since i was able to sell my old manny and stuff it was alot easier to spend the little extra money.

I also ran the hx-35 in the small .55 housing and was alittle disapointed in it but i think the hx-40 (6blade) in the smaller housing did work really well.

How about the 7 blade how come no one talks about the 7 blade hx40's???

So from 4k to 8k there is a substantial difference in the way the car pulls between the two housings! Not surprised, and to really enjoy my car when racing some of these 11 sec AMG's,EVO's, and High 11 low 12 sec BMW's,all I want to think about is midrange and topend resulting in a 120+ if not 130 mph run in the 1/4 mile.:thumb: Anything below 125mph in the 1/4 mile is not good enuff for me.:rocks:

Well got the car to a local track, well not really a track its just an airport.
Car ran real strong but bogged real hard on the launch since im still sorting out the hx40.
2 runs all day so theres still LOTS left on the line and the 1-2 shift

60 ft - 1.997
ET - 7.632 1/8th
mph - 102.24

The top end is unreal but i am losing all my ET at the line, so with a raised stutterbox and a 1.6 or 1.7 60ft which i normally run it would be REAL low 7's.

I am happy so far, just scared to raise the launch:cry:

Nice #s, 102 mph in the 1/8 is good for like 128+ in the 1/4. What boost, gas, timing, and AFRs?

Tune is real conservative so far, i did dump in some AVE gas but didnt change the tune at all it's still my pump gas tune. I just wanted to be safe since im not running a knock sensor.OMG

Boost 29psi
Timing 17 degrees MAX
A/F 11.1
Fuel AVE gas 100 Oct
M13 nozzles with 50/50 meth

I just put in the AVE gas just to be safe but today since there are more races i might add some timing and lean it out. Motor is still stock so im getting kinda worried about that.:nono:

Tune is real conservative so far, i did dump in some AVE gas but didnt change the tune at all it's still my pump gas tune. I just wanted to be safe since im not running a knock sensor.OMG

Boost 29psi
Timing 17 degrees MAX
A/F 11.1
Fuel AVE gas 100 Oct
M13 nozzles with 50/50 meth

I just put in the AVE gas just to be safe but today since there are more races i might add some timing and lean it out. Motor is still stock so im getting kinda worried about that.:nono:

This is the hx40 in the t3 .55a/r housing or the .70 housing. Did you use dsmlink to tune, is so please post some logs up.

Well went back to the track today to try and better my ET. All i got was a broken tranny, took third gear out and had to get the car towed home..:notgood: I knew it was coming but didn't think it would be today..haha

Well went back to the track today to try and better my ET. All i got was a broken tranny, took third gear out and had to get the car towed home..:notgood: I knew it was coming but didn't think it would be today..haha
OMG:cry:

:D Damn GORB I was certainly looking forward to seeing you achieve more #'s. Sorry about the tranny!

OMG:cry:

:D Damn GORB I was certainly looking forward to seeing you achieve more #'s. Sorry about the tranny!

Yah it kinda sucked, so unfortunatly i wont be able to get any more numbers for a few months.
I don't have the money for a shep trans right now so i will put another stocker in there and just take it easy on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back