The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

STOCK BLOCK Record broken by Ostar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perhaps I missed it but, where did you see that this block had ARP fasteners? :idontknow:
It only has APR head studs, which are allowed: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/drag-strip/419816-stock-block-record-rules.html. This has already been settled.
I dont know who made the statement that my block has arp hardware but that is incorrect. My block does have arp head studs and correct me if i'm wrong but that is allowed. THE BLOCK IS STOCK only the BS have been removed so please anyone saying otherwise get your facts straight because there is no confusion here on my part. Get to work on your stock block because you have a little ways to go ;)

I would like to know who said that our engine has arp rod bolts and/or main studs? The only thing that it has is headstuds and an oem mls headgasket that most people here has, so please before you are going to talk about someone else's setup please make sure to have your facts straight.

Well guys it's sad that things had to come to this but I had to make a video to prove that we are not running anything other than a STOCK original 6 bolt block to shut up some trash talking. Some had the need to go on the internet and try to discredit our hard work but here is the answer back !!! You know who you are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoQCahF8bXs

I suppose since the motor got hurt an will be apart/out it would be quite easy to settle this? I don't see why anyone wouldn't? Snap a vid when as you crack the oil pan/pull the head an put it to rest

I could care less but makes sence to back things up... Hell you could auction off the part that let go LOL like Jeff did when he reset the Auto awd record. Lol

Id just like to see just to see what failed.....

Either way congratulations once again on the 9.8@146!

Edit sweet the vid got posted as I was typing! Way to put it to rest

OstarMotorsport Nice vid!!!

This should prove that you are the record holder.

Can everyone agree on this???

Crickets.........LOL at the storytelling haters.

:D:D

they must be reading the reese tuning vs buschur racing posts.

Well guys it's sad that things had to come to this but I had to make a video to prove that we are not running anything other than a STOCK original 6 bolt block to shut up some trash talking. Some had the need to go on the internet and try to discredit our hard work but here is the answer back !!! You know who you are...

Ostar Motorsports Stock Block record (Proof Video) - YouTube

great video and again great job on the breaking the record.

Ostar Motorsports Stock Block record (Proof Video) - YouTube

Are you at the end of the video was you talking about my record attempt? Reason I ask is because at the end you said we need to get near 10.0 first. I havent yet bashed you on your great feat except I did say that when someone said that you was running arp rod bolts then it would disqaulify any attempt. I wasnt doubting anything about your guys set up. It takes alot to go that fast on the stock block.

Are you at the end of the video was you talking about my record attempt? Reason I ask is because at the end you said we need to get near 10.0 first. I havent yet bashed you on your great feat except I did say that when someone said that you was running arp rod bolts then it would disqaulify any attempt. I wasnt doubting anything about your guys set up. It takes alot to go that fast on the stock block.

I had no problem with what you said and no the comment was not meant for you at all. The comment was meant for another but I will leave it at that because everyone is entitled to their opinion even if their opinion is total crap and untrue. On a side note I think you guys did a good job establishing the Rules Sticky and I hope to see you guys going at it soon :thumb:

Legit, as expected; all the magic is in the head porting and cams apparently as well as the tuning/driving. Hope you had an inline oil filter on that new 3794! Should probably flush the shit out of your oil cooler and lines if they're going to be re-used as well.

I had no problem with what you said and no the comment was not meant for you at all. The comment was meant for another but I will leave it at that because everyone is entitled to their opinion even if their opinion is total crap and untrue. On a side note I think you guys did a good job establishing the Rules Sticky and I hope to see you guys going at it soon :thumb:

Thanks for the support. Ya it took alot of work for the sticky on the rules for the stock block record attempt. Car should be ready early to mid spring. Im glad to see there is alot of competition for this record. Should be alot of fun which is what this community is all about.

Legit, as expected; all the magic is in the head porting and cams apparently as well as the tuning/driving. Hope you had an inline oil filter on that new 3794! Should probably flush the shit out of your oil cooler and lines if they're going to be re-used as well.

Other than stainless steel valves and kiggly springs and retainers the head is completely stock :) just a great combination of cans, turbo and tuning

Other than stainless steel valves and kiggly springs and retainers the head is completely stock :) just a great combination of cans, turbo and tuning

This is even more inspiring!!!

I also like your quote in another thread earlier...

Yeah these engines are beyond badass, our car just kept making power, on saturday it dyno'd 689awhp and 553awtq at 37psi. I also believe that what killed the engine is too much tq which if we could decrease it making 700+whp while still being reliable is something that can be do able with the stock motor. Oh well only time will tell.

I'm in agreement with your statement, the torque your making is putting these rods and piston pins and pistons thru hell. So by keeping the torque lower and moving the power band up in the rpm range you might be able to make the components live a little longer.

Anyway you guys got it figured out keep up the good work!!!

Makes me want to throw a stock block together and toss it in the drag car :D .

I still think about making my car like yours (a purpose built race car). I just promissed myself, I'd never to go down that road again and prefer a street car. I'd be curious what your car would do on a "stock block". Why do you make 800 awhp, but only run high 9s? I'm not putting you down, but i'm curious how some of these high horse power cars tend to run simular numbers as lower horse power cars.

I still think about making my car like yours (a purpose built race car). I just promissed myself, I'd never to go down that road again and prefer a street car. I'd be curious what your car would do on a "stock block". Why do you make 800 awhp, but only run high 9s? I'm not putting you down, but i'm curious how some of these high horse power cars tend to run simular numbers as lower horse power cars.

I don't want to clog up this thread with my car. But it is a different world racing a large frame turbo / light weight car compared to a smaller framed turbo / street car.

When things are not setup right you find out really quickly. My only clean passes this year were all in the 9s and each getting faster when more power was added. There is still a lot that needs adjusted.

If you have any questions about the car I have a build thread on talk, I'll kindly answer anything on there. I just don't want to clog the this thread up.

Have you ever tried making a 8 second pass in a 800+hp car? It is pretty difficult.
Everything has to be spot on and the car just has to work.

Did you guys take the ostarmotorsports sticker off the front of the car for the video of engine teardown?

Did you guys take the ostarmotorsports sticker off the front of the car for the video of engine teardown?

Not trying to get into a hissy fit but did you guys hit something? If you compare the front of the car that was raced to the one in the teardown the whole front bumper is different there is also no BC stickers on the fenders or sticker on the front bumper. Just wondering great numbers I cant wait to see everyone at the shootout.

Not trying to get into a hissy fit but did you guys hit something? If you compare the front of the car that was raced to the one in the teardown the whole front bumper is different there is also no BC stickers on the fenders or sticker on the front bumper. Just wondering great numbers I cant wait to see everyone at the shootout.

REALLY? LOL you guys are to much ROFL :ohdamn:. Look closely at the video of the teardown and you might see the glue from the sticker still on the bumper. We took them off because the car is going to the body shop to get painted and getting a new decal job done for the 2012 season.

what's next a blood sample?

LOL you guys are to much ROFL :ohdamn:. Look closely at the video of the teardown and you will see the glue from the sticker still on the bumper. We took them off because the car is going to the body shop to get painted and getting a new decal job done for the 2012 season.

Right on. What color are you getting it painted? :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back