The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New stock 7-bolt block record

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenTsi

20+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2003
Rome, New_York
Last night, we took Will's Talon (DexterHolland04) to the track and met up with STM to see if we could break the stock block record.

Needless to say, it was a very successful night.

The Hx40 t3 on the RedJack open t3 manifold has proven to be the nastiest little street setup I have ever seen. Its so easy to launch. Spool up is great. The top end never drops off. I have never seen anything like it.

These runs were done at 36psi on Q16.

quick mod list:

stock block
stock transmission
Delta H272 and Evo beehive springs
Race Components 1000cc injectors
QM Twin Disc
VRSF FMIC
RedJack T3 manifold and full 3" v-band exhaust
standard ARP's

DrewJ Tuning: Will Stanton's stock 7 bolt NEW RECORD 10.33 - YouTube

....looking to get this car into the 9's tomorrow. :thumb:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

He ran a 1.56 60' with M/T slicks on a stock 5 speed transmission? Not a welded diff or 4 spider?

Things moving, that's for sure!

:dsm:
I do have a welded center diff, I blew it up the first time I went to the track. Joe at Redjack Racing welded it for me the next weekend!

He ran a 1.56 60' with M/T slicks on a stock 5 speed transmission? Not a welded diff or 4 spider?

Things moving, that's for sure!

They are M&H DOT slicks. Sorry, I forgot, it does have a welded diff. The stock diff broke on the first or second pass of the year on slicks.

Still impressive! My stock transmission 3-4 slider went at 400tq, I'll be curious to see how long his holds up.

I saw a video of his center diff grenading a few days ago so I couldn't believe he put a stock CD back in. Thanks for clarifying or else I would have been a bit upset that he can get away with launching like that on the stock diff. :coy:

Sorry, I meant M&H... I saw the damn slicks in the video, I must be tired. :boring:

EDIT: Seems Will's in here too! Good job man, setting the stock 7-bolt record in a M/T is a feat!

Thanks, Corey! We'll see what we can do in a couple of hours!

Congrats... but more wanted to say thanks - maybe this will shut up the holset haters. I do think I was cleverly asked about the fastest Holset 1/4 mile times a couple weeks ago perhaps by a moderator that was slandering holsets prior to banning me for slandering FP's? :shrug:

I messaged Drew on link forums about the setup - but forgot to ask if you were running a MAF setup or SD at the time of the run. If so and do not mind sharing, how many lb/min were you running? Also - at what rpm is your 2 step set at and how much boost are you leaving the line on?

Thanks again, Derrick

I logged 65lb/min of airflow during one of my runs this afternoon. That should give you an insight into how much power these Holset turbos make (600 whp or so)!

Congrats ,cars a beast hope you get that 9sec pass good luck :)

Great job indeed!

Congrats... but more wanted to say thanks - maybe this will shut up the holset haters.
Doubtful....mid-9's and 151mph didn't do it. LOL

I logged 65lb/min of airflow during one of my runs this afternoon. That should give you an insight into how much power these Holset turbos make (600 whp or so)!
We've logged up to 72 lb/min at around 38psi at the top of a pull with Dave's old 60mm 6-blade; consequently Link was estimating around 720 horses based off of airflow and weight, etc; but we never had the car on a dyno so actual horsepower at the wheels is unknown. BatMoWheel results were quite similar to within a couple lb/min.

The same turbo will be back on his new lighter and much-safer build later this year. Looking for 8's and 160mph from the 6-blade HX40.

Thanks, Justin! We're running 40 psi today, I've got one more run to break my record again! It's been a little warm today so this run is going to have to be perfect. Wish me luck!

Great job indeed!

Doubtful....mid-9's and 151mph didn't do it. LOL

We've logged up to 72 lb/min at around 38psi at the top of a pull with Dave's old 60mm 6-blade; consequently Link was estimating around 720 horses based off of airflow and weight, etc; but we never had the car on a dyno so actual horsepower at the wheels is unknown. BatMoWheel results were quite similar to within a couple lb/min.

The same turbo will be back on his new lighter and much-safer build later this year. Looking for 8's and 160mph from the 6-blade HX40.

Any thoughts on possibly trying a .82 t3 housing to test with and possibly get you there or further? I have a gt35r housing that I'd be willing to donate so you guys can machine and use it just to get some info on this? If the results are positive, I plan on having a PTE vband housing machined for the hx40 anyways.

I'm not sure what the results would be, actually. I'd love to do it, but I'm afraid it wouldn't yield enough positive results to make the upgrade worthwhile. The housing would need to have a 3" v-band on the outlet to work with the current exhaust configuration. We've already moved more airflow than what we previously thought the HX40 compressor was capable of- a larger turbine housing can't really benefit in any way except adding a couple MPH to the top end by reducing turbine backpressure IF there is any to be reduced.

I'm not sure what the results would be, actually. I'd love to do it, but I'm afraid it wouldn't yield enough positive results to make the upgrade worthwhile. The housing would need to have a 3" v-band on the outlet to work with the current exhaust configuration. We've already moved more airflow than what we previously thought the HX40 compressor was capable of- a larger turbine housing can't really benefit in any way except adding a couple MPH to the top end by reducing turbine backpressure IF there is any to be reduced.

Then again, look at what Devin accomplished with a standard 35r in comparison to what everyone thought IT was capable of..... Ya never know what's gonna happen in real world results. Unfortunately, mines a 4 bolt but let me know if u change ## mind.

I can't even recall what Devin's best 35R time was prior to using the FP3794 that he's been running the past couple seasons; I think it was just into the 8's which is quite impressive. Regardless, I'm confident that the 60mm HX40 can get into the 8's and trap 160mph and I'd like to prove it capable of doing so using parts that anyone can buy without the need to get stuff machined.

I can't even recall what Devin's best 35R time was prior to using the FP3794 that he's been running the past couple seasons; I think it was just into the 8's which is quite impressive. Regardless, I'm confident that the 60mm HX40 can get into the 8's and trap 160mph and I'd like to prove it capable of doing so using parts that anyone can buy without the need to get stuff machined.

He said on evom that they just added the 3794 and punishment manifold for the 2012 season. Prior to that it was a port matched FP manifold with a dsm to t3 adapter plate and an off the shelf gt3582r with a .82 5bolt housing and custom dp/o2 housing with wg flange. 8.93@163 was the best pass on that setup. Either way, I respect you and Daves goal and I understand your intentions. Maybe AFTER he breaks into the 8's@160 though, we can see if it has more in it with the .82? If FP's .69ar housing is enough to be a restriction when maxing out the standard 3582, then I would think that the .70ar bullseye housing would be a restriction for the hx40 when maxed out. That's all I'm gettin at I guess. Sorry for cluttering up the thread though. Let's see those 140mph traps! Good luck all!:hellyeah:

Congrats again Will!!!

Glad I could be there to see it and meet everyone!

Now, I'm coming after you .... :D:thumb::hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back