The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New Stock Block Record

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I need to see a build thread for this beast. Looks like me and SIM have another competitor. Good luck to you guys. See you next year!

If we don't see a mod's list soon, the BS flags are going to embark on a journey up the flag pole! ROFL

Too late. I'm thinking this is a B.S claim. Who makes a video ike this with no mod list, pictures, or information in general. Are they swaping the motors out or something? Removing nitrous from the car? It's hard to believe the claim with no supporting details. For everyone that cares or follows theses acheivement. This record claim should be dismissed all together.

Too late. I'm thinking this is a B.S claim. Who makes a video ike this with no mod list, pictures, or information in general. Are they swaping the motors out or something? Removing nitrous from the car? It's hard to believe the claim with no supporting details. For everyone that cares or follows theses acheivement. This record claim should be dismissed all together.

Why because they dont post on the forums? I know quite few powerful cars that dont post on the forums, mainly becuase of the know-it-alls.

Why because they dont post on the forums? I know quite few powerful cars that dont post on the forums, mainly becuase of the know-it-alls.

This... Almost nobody would know about Darrens car if it werent for me cause he can not stand all BS that can come with car forums. He would get banned from here in the first day with the way some people talk on here. :tease:

Hi Guys, I just open this account to answer any questions about the car...

Thanks for posting the Video and for all the comments, I know the music is a little to much and the sound of the car is like really low, but is just because this was the World Import Challenge and there were like 60 ROTARY cars making a lot of noise! so the sound is just there engines is really bad but we will get some camaras inside the car so you guys can see the pass from diffrent angles.

Here are some of the mods:

Eagle Talon 91 TSI

Engine

4g63 6 bolt
Stock Evo 8 Rod and Piston
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
HKS Cams 264/272
Crower Springs and Retainers

Fuel
VP fuel
1,200cc Precision Injectors
Bosh 044 Fuel Pump

Bolt-ons
Turbo 62/65 BallBearing T4 Turbo
Custom TOP MOUNT T4 Header (Kings Performance)
Custom SS 3'' DOWNPIPE (KINGS Performance)
4'' CX Racing Intercooler
JMF Intake Manifold with a 80mm throttle body
44 Tial Wastegate
AGX Shocks
Eibach Springs

ENGINE MANAGEMENT
AEM WideBand
AutoMeter Boost Gauge
AEM V2 ECU
Tune by Sergio Reyes (KingsPerformance)

Tranny
Shep Stage 4
Quater master Double Disc Clutch
Stock Drivetrain (Transfer, Axles,DriveShaft)

TIRES
MH 24.5x8x15 Slicks

Rollcage
6points

Aprox 680hp on Mustang Dyno, NO NOS! ALL Boost!
Don't Know the weight yet,,, we let you guys know next month that we are going to NSCRA event in WestPalmBeach and the plan is to get that info there.

Photos are coming soon... any questions feel free to ask. Thanks Guys!

Thanks for posting the Video and for all the comments, I know the music is a little to much and the sound of the car is like really low, but is just because this was the World Import Challenge and there were like 60 ROTARY cars making a lot of noise! so the sound is just there engines is really bad but we will get some camaras inside the car so you guys can see the pass from diffrent angles.

Eagle Talon 91 TSI

Engine

4g63 6 bolt
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
HKS Cams 264/272

Fuel
VP fuel
Bosh 044 Fuel Pump

Bolt-ons
44 Tial Wastegate
AGX Shocks
Eibach Springs

ENGINE MANAGEMENT
AEM WideBand
AutoMeter Boost Gauge
AEM V2 ECU

Tranny
Shep Stage 4

TIRES
MH 24.5x8x15 Slicks

Rollcage
6points

Don't Know the weight yet,,, we let you guys know next month that we are going to NSCRA event in WestPalmBeach and the plan is to get that info there.

Great numbers but this will not qualify as a stock block record.

Definately not a STOCK block record. You have to run Stock 6 bolt pistons and rods.

So stock block means stock short block..
You would have to have stock pistons rods, crank, and block?

That is correct. Stock 7 bolt record means stock 7 bolt rods and pistons.
Stock 6 bolt means stock 6 bolt rods and pistons. Then you can add any amounts of bolt-ons you want.

Im almost positive that none of the kings performance crew is on the forum. But personally knowing them, i dont believe for a second its still stock block.
thanks for your feeling but ther's no point for us to lie about this .. i am a 4g63 lover like every other member in this forum ... we are just pushing this proyect to the limits to see how far can go honestly i never thought it would ran 9s .. the other motor fully built is ready just waiting for the end of the stock block story ...

well i just like better the stock evo rod and piston than the 1g ... for me stock block means no aftermarket or racing parts in the block .. but i respect your opinion ...

That is correct. Stock 7 bolt record means stock 7 bolt rods and pistons.
Stock 6 bolt means stock 6 bolt rods and pistons. Then you can add any amounts of bolt-ons you want.

Ahhh I thought stock block was simply a not bored block...Good thing I ran into this thread and asked..

But a rebuilt stock block is acceptable?

thanks for your feeling but ther's no point for us to lie about this .. i am a 4g63 lover like every other member in this forum ... we are just pushing this proyect to the limits to see how far can go honestly i never thought it would ran 9s .. the other motor fully built is ready just waiting for the end of the stock block story ...

well i just like better the stock evo rod and piston than the 1g ... for me stock block means no aftermarket or racing parts in the block .. but i respect your opinion ...

Thats cool. But ya we consider stock block records to have the original rotating assembly installed.

Ahhh I thought stock block was simply a not bored block...Good thing I ran into this thread and asked..

But a rebuilt stock block is acceptable?

You can get forged std bore internals.

I dont know on the rebuilt part of it.

So would NPR pistons disqualify a car?
I believe so.

We do not make the rules on the stock block records. I dont know what would qualify or disqualify you as a record car.

I have always looked at it as a stock 6 bolt or 7 bolt with OEM rods OEM pistons STD bore OEM crank OEM main bolts and OEM rod and main bearings

Regardless if there is say 60,000 miles on the car or if its a new rebuilt all OEM std bore stock block I dont think should matter any. More power to you if you have a motor that is running 9's or faster with 60,000+ miles on it thats pretty cool. :hellyeah:

Yes I know you can get forged standard bore pistons..

I'm saying stock rebuild. Stock pistons, rods,crank, block..But new stuff like new rings, bearings, etc...

Look at Gofer and Mr. Peepers..Both are on a stock shortblocks, just they have been rebuilt..

Stock means the parts used. It has nothing to do if the motor has been rebuilt. Rings and bearings are the same as seals and gaskets; they're consumables. IMO a .020 bored motor is still stock, because oversize pistons are available as oem replacement parts and it is a repair procedure.

Where's the pictures?

But no this is not stock block. As said, MUST be original rotating assembly. Congrats on still pushing the limits of the Evo 8 setup.

Eagle Talon 91 TSI

Engine

4g63 6 bolt
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
HKS Cams 264/272

Fuel
VP fuel
Bosh 044 Fuel Pump

Bolt-ons
44 Tial Wastegate
AGX Shocks
Eibach Springs

ENGINE MANAGEMENT
AEM WideBand
AutoMeter Boost Gauge
AEM V2 ECU

Tranny
Shep Stage 4

TIRES
MH 24.5x8x15 Slicks

Rollcage
6points

Well done guys! It doesnt matter about the stock block record even though you are using OEM evo 8 rods/piston.

How much psi youre running and is there a log you can post?

Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back