The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Stock Block Record Vid Ostar Motorsports

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OstarMotorsport

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2010
orlando, Florida
Here is the video of the record run from this past Sunday at NSCRA. We got there around 9:45am and pulled the car off the trailer to get inspected and I noticed the car was hard to start when leaving the inspection station. I took off and headed to the lanes and the minute I got there the car shut off and would not start back up. They called the class and the car was down. I quickly raced to our trailer and grabbed an extra transistor and raced back, put it on and BAM it started right up. The official yelled becuase I was the last car and just got the car started, so I quickly put on my jacket half way and helmet and went straight to the tree. The car bogged terribly but felt great going down the track and more so than all year and then the worst happenned, I felt the motor take a hit right when I was about to let off the accelerator at the end of the track. I thought it ran good but never in a million years did I think I had ran the time. When the official came to pull the car he brought with him the slip and man what a great feeling it was to see that piece of paper. What a way to end the season. We worked very hard all year to accomplish this and finally the hard work paid off. :thumb:

STOCK BLOCK Dsm 4g63 record!!! Ostar Motorsports - YouTube

Looked like it bogged off the line and u still set the record. Great run

Wow sucks to think about what coulda been if it didn't bog

Congratulations on the Time

shame it bogged an you hurt the motor... ?

Any Idea yet what happen on the top end?

That bog was ridiculous- for a second I almost wanted to yell at you to back up and do it again. ROFL

My main concern is the 60ft time- on your slip is says 1.688, which is nowhere near being correct with a bog that serious. This may have been a 9.5 or faster run!

That bog was ridiculous- for a second I almost wanted to yell at you to back up and do it again. ROFL

My main concern is the 60ft time- on your slip is says 1.688, which is nowhere near being correct with a bog that serious. This may have been a 9.5 or faster run!

Its possible, it would have been nice to see a backup run though. My auto car looks even slower leaving and it runs 1.550's. Even on stock springs and 200K shocks it hardly squats the rear end. All I'm saying is that bringing in the wheel torque slow makes the sixty look softer than it really is.

All I'm saying is that bringing in the wheel torque slow makes the sixty look softer than it really is.
Any time I've witnessed wheel torque being brought in slow (polite way of saying a bogged launch LOL) it has resulted in at least a 1.8 or slower 60ft. There are guys with street tires that struggle to dip into the 1.6's...if all they had to do was bog the launch, it would be so much easier for them to achieve.

Here's an in-car of a 1.838 for reference:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VT2VF5bXVgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not saying it's impossible to achieve, just quite unusual.

All pictures below are on stock 140 pound springs and 200K worn out struts/shocks. Keep that in mind when looking at the pictures.

Here is a picture of a 1.71 sixty bringing in the torque slow on a small turbo auto car with bald/dry rotted street tires:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

1.59 sixty before upping the 2 step more:

Here is the same car, 1.550 sixty.

In your video the driver looks to be rolling out slowly breaking the beams in the process. In the video in the OP's post the driver breaks the beams quickly with the buck and then accelerates smoothly through the sixty.

All I'm saying is that my friends 5 speed car will bog like that and still cut 1.7's. Its when the clutch was grabbing too hard and it would pull the engine down to 2500rpm with a huge bounce. I can find the logs if you wish to show you what it looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice run, like everyone else said it would have been pretty nice if it didnt bog out but still it was a nice run. cant wait to see next years

Actually JusMX141 look at your video more closely. The car is nearly to the 60 foot tree before he lets the clutch out fully. He is apparently trying to spool a VERY laggy turbo by riding that clutch to build boost. That isn't a bogged launch its more of a slipping the clutch too much launch. What I am explaining is how a car can buck out of the hole breaking the beams hard and still not 60 too bad. If you watch the OP's video, the car goes about 4 feet on the buck and accelerates through the 60 from the bottom of the rpm band while the turbo is probably at 10 lbs and building while linearly applying torque to the wheels. This is similar to how my auto car leaves except no buck and no broken parts, ever :) .

Congratulations on your run . sorry to hear that the engine is hurt and that the launch was bogged. none the less it's a very impressive run. you should stay with the stock bottom end and have another go at it.

Any idea on what happen to the engine???

I would love to know since I'm chasing after this record also.;)

We will install the spare stock motor that we have and we'll push it a bit since we also want to know that it would run with a good launch

LOL, after reading this I'm stopping at 600awhp. You can have the record, my boost won't be going past 30 psi. I dont see the point is blowing the motor, reguardless if my built motors is ready to go in the car. I figured the wrist pin would be the weak link.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back