The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

STOCK BLOCK Record broken by Ostar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just my opinion, but if the time is to count I think the motor should have to live and not blow up. Again that is my opinion, but congrats, cool to see none the less.

Okay, you've made your point heard. :)

To me the real question is how much power can the motor handle? An ET can vary by driver and wieght of the vehicle. So how much HP did that car make, and can anyone vouch for more. Yea I know every dyno is different, but that would be more relevant IMO.

As for the quickest statement in your sig, you should add **that blew up** at the end of it.

Yeah... Okay :rolleyes:

Uhh trap speeds are produce by HP numbers IE Supras.

No one complained when Mike broke it becuase his car didn't blow up, thats why, and no one is hating. If some people questioned the validity of the motor that would be human nature, trust but verify. Personally I believed him without having to watch a tear down video, but understand the internet is full of BS claims out there.... fastest stock block with a small 16g on a FWD on Tuesday's test and tune with stock tires, and a K&N.

I'm not a fan boy of Riz or this guy, I don't know them, nor do they know me, and if he does come back and makes a clean pass backing it up or going even faster I'd be the first to give him credit.

As for the HP, that is impressive, so maybe we should redefine this as the highest HP stock block DSM, that would be more appropriate. I'm pretty sure that Riz car didn't make that much.

Good luck on your quest dude, I think it is cool, not sure why more DSMers haven't been trying for this before 20years after the cars were built.

Why more dsmers haven't been trying for the past 20 years?:ohdamn: Come on... The technology is better today than it was even close to being 20 years ago.

Yea but his car didn't blow up on the dyno, he could have "manipulated" the car post dyno... more timing or boost! Seriously dude, take the guy's COKK out of your mouth. We still get the point, the car is (was) fast, and it made some serios HP numbers on a stock 6 bolt.

I'm done, I've made my point and I'm sure some will agree with me and some won't, who cares, all I want to really know is the max HP a stock 6 bolt can handle, seems to be around 680, can anybody prove otherwise?

Now is the time you should have shut up.:argue::heystupid:

The #1 unwritten rule of drag racing is you have to back it up, sorry dude.

Proceed to insert foot in mouth.:|

Geez! I don't care if it had a fluke pass and somehow ran 9.1X, he still ran that time! Doesn't matter if the engine gave up. Major congrats on breaking the record! love watching those videos.

^^^ agreed with him. im just glad there are more people pushing our engines to the limit and still breaking records

Single pass is all that is needed or expected. Car could be a ball a flame after the lights and still get the record. The car ran the time. That is all that matters. And to me at least it's badass!

90% of dsmmers would be happy with a 10.99.... I sure as hell would be. Congrats on an awesome time. Haters gonna hate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez! I don't care if it had a fluke pass and somehow ran 9.1X, he still ran that time! Doesn't matter if the engine gave up. Major congrats on breaking the record! love watching those videos.

That's not entirely true. You see in the supra community when everyone was chasing the stock 6-speed record, Peter blachs car pulled 9.3X. .30 over the record (at the time). Come to find out with the car running an open downpipe, the smoke caused by the anti-lag system caused the lights to trip a little late. I could see why people could become skeptical of his pass, because he pretty much came out of no where to claim the record. But the Ostar car has been flirting with 9s for quite sometime.

That's not entirely true. You see in the supra community when everyone was chasing the stock 6-speed record, Peter blachs car pulled 9.3X. .30 over the record (at the time). Come to find out with the car running an open downpipe, the smoke caused by the anti-lag system caused the lights to trip a little late. I could see why people could become skeptical of his pass, because he pretty much came out of no where to claim the record. But the Ostar car has been flirting with 9s for quite sometime.

If he has the slip, and runs within 2% of the ET he claims in the same day. Then it's a legit pass. He has the record, gentlemen. If you don't like it, then build a car to go faster then his. Talking of "what if moment", takes away from what he has done. He has been more then fair, posting a video of the car. Also posting the aftermath aswell. Get off of his case, and congradulate him. We all share the same love for these cars. I say, let's let this dog rest.

the chances in the smoke making those electronics not work is so minimal. How do they know for a fact that this happened? I'd like to read about that actually. Is there a thread about it somewhere I could take a look at?

I cant find the thread but here's the video

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WYAIbK9yRr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here's what the car ran without the timing error

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GzKnyOJMkSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Moral of the story is Ostar motorsports has the record :cool:

Nowhere in the stock block rules does it say there has to be a back up run, or that the car has to make it down the track in one piece. If the car blows it blows. I've never been to a drag strip where people claim a time doesn't count cause a car blows up. dumbest thing I've ever heard LOL. As far as the HP goes 650? 680? 700? how the fvck are we supposed to know, it's not some magical number. Hell whos to say the car couldn't make more, there are high HP stock block cars out there for you to take a look at and get a ballpark of what to expect as of now. Stop being silly...

Like 1100HP Supras that run 11's?

Well, neither did Rizz's car so by your speculation the record for a stock block DSM should be in the 10s correct? .

Actually I did back it up. And I believe Fernando did as well. Note that all official NHRA records require a "back-up" (speed and elapsed time within 1% of the record) run to verify the newer, higher level of performance. So my 10.02 backs up a 9.98. I don't why we are still talking about this. It's Fernando's record now.

I dont remember mike backing up his pass? From his intial post he ran twice. First pass was 11.XX @13X missing 2nd then the 9 sec pass. Gonna go double check just to be sure.

Correct. See above. ;) My car ran 6-7 10.0x runs in the previous two weeks prior to running the 9 second pass. I was so elated after the 9 I was content with parking the car and calling it a season.

I never understood why to rip out the "stock" internals when they were just as good as anything out there aftermarket.

He just proves that stock can match up to anything anyone can build.....

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!...Keep on rubbing it...........................

I cant find the thread but here's the video

And here's what the car ran without the timing error

Moral of the story is Ostar motorsports has the record :cool:

yes he does. I still don't see how there is enough smoke to mess up the signal on that run. Sorta crazy

Actually I did back it up. And I believe Fernando did as well. Note that all official NHRA records require a "back-up" (speed and elapsed time within 1% of the record) run to verify the newer, higher level of performance. So my 10.02 backs up a 9.98. I don't why we are still talking about this. It's Fernando's record now.

Correct. See above. ;) My car ran 6-7 10.0x runs in the previous two weeks prior to running the 9 second pass. I was so elated after the 9 I was content with parking the car and calling it a season.
I'm not to familiar with the rule, but I always assumed to become the "NHRA official" it had to be the same day? Either way both of your cars flirted with 9s enough that we all knew it was bound to happen.
I never understood why to rip out the "stock" internals when they were just as good as anything out there aftermarket.

He just proves that stock can match up to anything anyone can build.....

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!...Keep on rubbing it...........................
I have to disagree with this post. While it's nice to believe everyone one our cars are capable of these times, it just doesnt seem to be reality. I dont think these cars should be looked at as the standard. It's kinda like saying there is no point in upgrading from a 14B because Joe went 10s on one. The reason these cars are famous in our community is because they are doing extraodinary things. I dont know that's just my 2psi.

Well guys it's sad that things had to come to this but I had to make a video to prove that we are not running anything other than a STOCK original 6 bolt block to shut up some trash talking. Some had the need to go on the internet and try to discredit our hard work but here is the answer back !!! You know who you are...

Ostar Motorsports Stock Block record (Proof Video) - YouTube

Awesome video, now there's no doubt on who holds the record 9.82@146mph and 689awhp 553tq people you should stop arguing in here and get to work ### these guys are the REAL DEAL!!! Congratulations to Fernando, Armando and the OstarMotorsport crew from Puerto Rico we're very proud of our BORICUAS :applause::thumb:

To me the real question is how much power can the motor handle? An ET can vary by driver and wieght of the vehicle. So how much HP did that car make, and can anyone vouch for more. Yea I know every dyno is different, but that would be more relevant IMO.

As for the quickest statement in your sig, you should add **that blew up** at the end of it.

9.82@146mph faster than your car 689awhp 553tq and has more power than yours too :sneaky::sneaky: Whats the deal with all these HATERS

9.82@146mph faster than your car 689awhp 553tq and has more power than yours too :sneaky::sneaky: Whats the deal with all these HATERS

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back