The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New stock 7-bolt block record

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh hell no, im built.

I just want the fastest 2g hx40 powered 1/4 mile. dave has a 1g which is a far lighter chassis. And weighs in around 2200 lbs.

Only thing stock about my car are the head, and intake manifold/throttlebody. :)

His profile says s366 but i heard word about a pte 6466 turbo?

Point is hes not on a holset hx40 anymore so im chasing that down, an i bet he didnt even know he had the holset hx40 record with a 2g and no nitrous. According to the dsm 1/4 mile times anyway.

If you want I can lend him my hx40 after he resets that record again and y'all can go at it. However, this thread was about his old stock 7bolt record so let's try to stay on topic.

Nice run, very impressive. There are a lot of guys with built engines that are running much slower times. This just shows you some things are over rated. I think forged is great but doing it on cast makes a statement.

Oh hell no, im built.

I just want the fastest 2g hx40 powered 1/4 mile. dave has a 1g which is a far lighter chassis. And weighs in around 2200 lbs.

Only thing stock about my car are the head, and intake manifold/throttlebody. :)

His profile says s366 but i heard word about a pte 6466 turbo?

Point is hes not on a holset hx40 anymore so im chasing that down, an i bet he didnt even know he had the holset hx40 record with a 2g and no nitrous. According to the dsm 1/4 mile times anyway.

Who has the fastest 2g hx40 anyways? Its kind of silly to call it a record since theres so many limitations. 2g hx40 no nitrous.

Will stanton has it. I call nitrous cheap personally so i dont count it.

Its not really alot of variable when you talk about the same turbo on a different chassis with no sauce. You dont see dave using the sauce. Or anyone rlse trying to claim a turbo record (14b) (16g)

All turbo
Heavier 2g chassis
No nitrous

Will took this at the same time when he took his stock 7 bolt record.

If you do count nitrous Richard, i guess your it. But its totally considered a handicap in my mind..

Will stanton has it. I call nitrous cheap personally so i dont count it.

Its not really alot of variable when you talk about the same turbo on a different chassis with no sauce. You dont see dave using the sauce. Or anyone rlse trying to claim a turbo record (14b) (16g)

All turbo
Heavier 2g chassis
No nitrous

Will took this at the same time when he took his stock 7 bolt record.

If you do count nitrous Richard, i guess your it. But its totally considered a handicap in my mind..
Thats fine I wasn't implying I had the fastest. I was just curious. I use nitrous only to get the car on the converter since Im auto. Once the car moves it shuts off.

I didn't even know that it was a "record", either! I just wanna go fast.

The record dont mean anything, just a tag that we can battle over! Im sure I'll be sitting on this one for a while. Don't mean to sound cocky, but no one is even trying. Hell going after the stock block record, or even the 14b record is harder then what I have accomplished! So far this year has been slow for drag racing, and I want to see videos, so lets go get that thing to the track! good luck.

You do have bragging rights. You hold the record for most annoying member on every thread involving a holset without giving useful information. Congrats bro!

You do have bragging rights. You hold the record for most annoying member on every thread involving a holset without giving useful information. Congrats bro!

this. LOL

LMFAO!!!! Yes!!! Thank you!!! Haha!!!

Tomorrow's the day man.....Urbamokers gonna run 9's and prove us all wrong!!! :thumb:

LOL it seems everything is a "record" so everyone can have the fastest something. For me I think it breaks down to 1g AWD auto, 1g AWD manual, 1g FWD, 2g AWD auto, 2g AWD manual, 2g FWD, and a 14b title. Other than that its just personal accomplishments.

Dave you are definitely right. No one will be close to the times and especially the mph you are putting up with the hx40. Has anyone else made a 9sec pass with the hx40 besides you?

Agreed. I don't see Dave's record going anywhere for a while either. Aside from the obvious weight advantage, exceptional tuning and just overall combination of parts, I think one of the things making a big impact on how well Daves car runs is that cylinder head. So much to the fact that I will likely be going with the same head and specs once the time comes for me to upgrade. It's a unique port and looking at the results of the others that run the same or at least similar heads seem to have great results...

Agreed. I don't see Dave's record going anywhere for a while either. Aside from the obvious weight advantage, exceptional tuning and just overall combination of parts, I think one of the things making a big impact on how well Daves car runs is that cylinder head. So much to the fact that I will likely be going with the same head and specs once the time comes for me to upgrade. It's a unique port and looking at the results of the others that run the same or at least similar heads seem to have great results...

Ok, im curious. Who's or what head is in it? What makes it so good, and how much do they cost?

Last night, we took Will's Talon (DexterHolland04) to the track and met up with STM to see if we could break the stock block record.

Needless to say, it was a very successful night.

The Hx40 t3 on the RedJack open t3 manifold has proven to be the nastiest little street setup I have ever seen. Its so easy to launch. Spool up is great. The top end never drops off. I have never seen anything like it.

These runs were done at 36psi on Q16.

quick mod list:

stock block
stock transmission
Delta H272 and Evo beehive springs
Race Components 1000cc injectors
QM Twin Disc
VRSF FMIC
RedJack T3 manifold and full 3" v-band exhaust
standard ARP's

DrewJ Tuning: Will Stanton's stock 7 bolt NEW RECORD 10.33 - YouTube

....looking to get this car into the 9's tomorrow. :thumb:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nice job! That car moves.:thumbup:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back