The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

STOCK BLOCK Record broken by Ostar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That setup is putting in some work!

The only issues I see in a stock block is the rods letting go for some reason. Keep those misfires down! :)

The only issues I see in a stock block is the rods letting go for some reason.
:hmm:

My guess would be Mitsubishi never expected stock internals to lay down 9-second passes while making 650+whp.

ROFL

Yeah, that true.

Props to these guys attempting these power levels and times. I thought I was crazy for staying on stock main bolts.

Mad Props guys! Would like to view the video as well! Keep pushing guys and proving that the 4G63 is one of the most badass engines on the planet!

Congratulations Fernando!! Hard work does payoff. I had a feeling when we spoke last week you would do it and you did. I can certainly relate to how great it feels to not only run your first 9 second pass, but to also break the record. It is now yours my friend! Job well done. :thumb:

Maybe I should pull my stock block off the engine stand out of retirement? Nah. :D

Yeah these engines are beyond badass, our car just kept making power, on saturday it dyno'd 689awhp and 553awtq at 37psi. I also believe that what killed the engine is too much tq which if we could decrease it making 700+whp while still being reliable is something that can be do able with the stock motor. Oh well only time will tell.

I also believe that what killed the engine is too much tq which if we could decrease it making 700+whp while still being reliable is something that can be do able with the stock motor.
Damn FP turbos are spooling too quick....you need something that doesn't reach even full boost until 5250 or above. Try a 42R! ROFL

E85 tune, correct? Asking because I'm noticing this is becoming a growing problem on E85 cars. I believe it has to do with excessive EGT's causing the turbine shaft to weaken until it either breaks or bends. This problem really seems to surface on turbos with a turbine wheel that is smaller than the compressor by a bit, causing excessive turbine backpressure.

Don't think I'm blaming the tuners at all- the E85 fuel is so good that they're not seeing knock, so they're going leaner and running more timing without regard to EGT's.

I dont see how e85 would be raising egt's, since it is alcohol based. We just finished a 600hp big block. Was built for pump gas, picked up 7hp on e85 but egt's dropped over 100*.

Ah, that sucks, i knew it was something big, LOL.

It was big! 9.82@146!!!
we acomplished what we wanted on the same stock short block we ran all year and it did more than expected for us :)
Couldn't be more thankful for that motor...

I dont see how e85 would be raising egt's, since it is alcohol based. We just finished a 600hp big block. Was built for pump gas, picked up 7hp on e85 but egt's dropped over 100*.
I figured it was because the E85 users are tuning far leaner than what stoichiometric is considered for that fuel without seeing knock, which may be resulting in higher EGT's. I don't know that much about the fuel, honestly, aside from the fact that I'm seeing more turbine failures now that more guys are using E85 or E98/100.

So E85 max power lean is considered to be 8.4687 but the O.P. is tuning to 11.5; we have some E85 users tuning max power into the 13's....I'd think the EGT's would have to be higher as a result, even if it is alcohol-based.

But again, I'm not too familiar with this fuel or how it tunes....just reporting what I'm seeing in relation to the turbocharger.

I *think* its because widebands read on a gas afr scale. I.e. the sensor reads a lambda value and converts it to gasoline scale value in relation to stoich. So 14.7 is still stoich for e85 according to the wideband. There was some discussion about this awhile back on the link forums and the general consensus was to continue using the gas scale instead of using a separate scale for e85/98 and potentially confusing people. Easiest way to test this would be to setup your wideband to output lambda values and see if it fluctuates right at 1.00.

Again i could be wrong but i think thats about right.

I tried to update my times in there and got rejected.

I also tried and got rejected, so i said screw it dont really care!

Recently? I just submitted mine 2 weeks ago and SBstar did his as well and both were accepted and updated very quickly. You might want to give it another try. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back