The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

STOCK BLOCK Record broken by Ostar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OstarMotorsport

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2010
orlando, Florida
Hey guys we finally did it today at the last event of the year!!!! The road to it was tough but with great people and sponsors helping, it was bound to happen. We had been strugguling for the past few months with misfire issues and Mike (Michael Rizzotti) was nice enough to give me a hand and helped me solve the issue. After the dsm88 went out, we decided to go with the FP 3794 and it was a perfect decision because it got us over the hill and then some. I want to thank everyone involved and also our sponsors this year: Forced Performance, BC Racing, Torque Solution, Gato peformace Fuel Injector Clinic and Jay Racing.

First Pass off the trailer:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Congrats

OMG @ 146mph

146 on the stock block. DAMN!

Congrats brother it was a rough road to it but we did it, I remember when I told that we were gonna run 145+ mph and everybody called me crazy Haha and here we are with great numbers despite the aweful 60ft. We'll celebrate when i get back to the states :)

Congrats! Now wheres the vid? LOL

I'm hoping someone took a vid... will keep you posted if it was recorded

Congrats brother it was a rough road to it but we did it, I remember when I told that we were gonna run 145+ mph and everybody called me crazy Haha and here we are with great numbers despite the aweful 60ft. We'll celebrate when i get back to the states :)

Thanks brother! I must say I wasn't sure if we would make it this year, but man what a ride.

Congrats!!!!! 146 is MOVING!

Do you plan to keep pushing it? There seems to be a bit left with that 60ft!

:aha:Now lets see that shop in Michigan beat that.
EDIT:I meant S.I.M.

Last edited:
VERY NICE!

I knew it was only a matter of time before Orlando had the stock block record!

:thumb:.....

I honestly dont like the fact that shops are chasing records held by regular people. I agree stocker.

I honestly dont like the fact that shops are chasing records held by regular people. I agree stocker.

Why does it matter if shops are chasing the records? Shops should be able to do it as well but if OStars block has arp rod bolts or main studs then thats not the stock block record..

ARP head studs then who cares let em have it LOL.

I disagree. Its a good way for shops to let people know that they do good work. If they can get a car into the 9s on a stock block then I'd trust them with my built block.

ARPs or not. Its still impressive.

I'm not exactly why you are arguing my opinion but hoooo-kay!

I would like to know who said that our engine has arp rod bolts and/or main studs? The only thing that it has is headstuds and an oem mls headgasket that most people here has, so please before you are going to talk about someone else's setup please make sure to have your facts straight.

any proof that its a stock block??
anyone can say stock block and lie about it

Ya cause someone wants to go through all that trouble to lie. It's been done once so why would people question it when someone else does it??

If said engine does have arp hardware then it in fact is not the stock block record holder. Mike rizz ran on just that a stock block. No stronger hardware just a bs removal. Congrats on the times I know it takes extreme patience to accomplish something like this.

Dave and I had seriously considered running the FP HTA GT3794R at the beginning of last season- definitely looks like a strong turbo, giving users quite an edge over 35R users. When it came down to it, a $2000 turbo just wasn't fitting in the budget.

Out of curiosity, what happened to your DSM88?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back