The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Sim going for stock block record!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SupremeDsm

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
Sim is going for the stock block record. They just posted the build thread under the hangout forum in build thread section.

I asked in that thread, but what is the current ET for a stock bottom end (SBE) 1st gen record? Im interested to see how this all develops. What prep are you guys planning to do to the stock bottom end to make it handle the power? Is this factory stock bottom end or are you just using OEM parts and making modifications to them?

This is a completely stock bottom end. Original pistons, crank, ect. I believe current record is 9.9 in the 1/4 mile.

no modifications like shot peening the pistons or anything? or laser boring the rods?

No modifactions to the.pistons or rods at all. Completely stock. Paul I bought it in indianapolis, in where I live. Then I ripped it down and painted the engine bay.

The car is only a shell now. Subframes are off, sound deadening is coming out, some modifications to loose some weight are in store. We plan to get the engine in it soon so we can work on making the manifold and intercooler.

Sim is going for the stock block record. They just posted the build thread under the hangout forum in build thread section.

I don't see a tech question- would you prefer this thread to be moved to the Drag Strip forum or the Hangout?

Well I didnt know there had to be a question in the newbie forum.

The car is only a shell now. Subframes are off, sound deadening is coming out, some modifications to loose some weight are in store. We plan to get the engine in it soon so we can work on making the manifold and intercooler.

What weight are you trying to get the car down to, and have you decided on a turbo?

What's the definition of stock bottom end? because i see a balance shaft eliminator kit going in and a fluid damper as well. neither of these came stock in our engines unless i missed something. either way this should prove to be interesting. good luck guys

What's the definition of stock bottom end? because i see a balance shaft eliminator kit going in and a fluid damper as well. neither of these came stock in our engines unless i missed something. either way this should prove to be interesting. good luck guys

Stock block and rotating assembly.

Thats correct just stock rotating assembly those are just bolt ons. We are doing everything we can to get the most revs out of the stock bottom end.

Is this going to be a VIRGIN bottom end with XXX,XXX miles on it, or a rebuild :D
Also, are you going to be using any unorthadox parts like electric water pump, etc??

Virgin Bottom end.. New water pump. The block has 84,000 miles on it. We did however put in new oil pan gasket, and freeze plugs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back