The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Sim going for stock block record!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is interesting to say the least... whats the et record for a completely stock motor? How long before you get this car done? I know a completely stock engine car that will run with it. ;)

This is interesting to say the least... whats the et record for a completely stock motor? How long before you get this car done? I know a completely stock engine car that will run with it. ;)

Mike Rizzotti holds the record with a 9.98@140, his best trap was 143 IIRC, in a relatively heavy street car that he drives to and from the track.

Personally i love the fact that the record is held by a private guy in a street car he's been building for 10+ years. IMO that's much more impressive than a shop car which could easily take this record with less weight and a more current turbo setup. Nothing against SIM, i just love that such a substantial record is held by a dedicated DSMer and his toy.

Rizzotti Racing Talon first stock block DSM in the 9's! - Car Videos on StreetFire

I'm copying and pasting this from their blog for the people that are too lazy too click the link above.

HEAD-
-Kelford 272
-HKS Adjustable Cam Gears
-Gates Racing Kevlar Timing Belt
-SuperTech Dual Valve Springs
-SuperTech Ti Retainers & Locks
-SuperTech Nitrite Valves
-SIM Race Port & Polish
-Cometic Head gasket
-ARP Head Studs

ShortBlock-
-OEM Water Pump
-Balance Shaft Eliminator Kit
***STOCK Otherwise***

FUEL-
-Fuel Cell
-Walbro 400lph
-FIC 2150cc Injectors
-FIC Fuel Rail
-Aeromotive FPR
-SS Fuel Line
-E85

ENGINE MANAGEMENT-
-ECM Link v3 Full
-AEM Wideband
-Autometer Boost Guage,Oil Pressure

SUSPENSION/MISC-
-8 point Roll Cage
-D2 CoilOvers
-Prothane bushings

Bolt Ons-
-SIM Custom Twin Scroll Foward Facing Manifold
-Garrett GT3788r T4 Divided Turbo
-Tubular Front End
-Front Bumper Side Exit Exhaust
-TRE Stage 3 Trans
-Clutch Setup (Undecided)
-Rims & Tires (Undecided)
-Fluidampr Harmonic Balancer
-DEI Turbo Blanket

Mike Rizzotti holds the record with a 9.98@140, his best trap was 143 IIRC, in a relatively heavy street car that he drives to and from the track.

Personally i love the fact that the record is held by a private guy in a street car he's been building for 10+ years. IMO that's much more impressive than a shop car which could easily take this record with less weight and a more current turbo setup. Nothing against SIM, i just love that such a substantial record is held by a dedicated DSMer and his toy.

Rizzotti Racing Talon first stock block DSM in the 9's! - Car Videos on StreetFire

Completely agree. But keep in mind this is not a SIM Shop car, this is a customers car that asked us to accomplish his goals for him. He is paying for all parts and labor by himself. Yes SIM is sponsoring it but we are not paying for it.

this is awesome! loving all the stock shortblock records! anybody by chance know the 1g/2g combo record? my bottom ends been worked over a little arp hardware, 2g pistons shot peened rods, so i dont think id fit into this category LOL

I know this has nothing to do with dsm's cars or the stock block record, but my girl just read your name and started laffing her ass off.

Interesting.

this is awesome! loving all the stock shortblock records! anybody by chance know the 1g/2g combo record? my bottom ends been worked over a little arp hardware, 2g pistons shot peened rods, so i dont think id fit into this category LOL

Nope, I ended up scrapping the ARP's and using the stock stuff. I do have the little small ARP head studs, but that's allowed. I figured it'd be a waste of A1's to use them on a stock block.:ohdamn:

So is this SupremeDsm's car or just someone else?

Yes this is my car. I am the sole owner. Also the car will be daily driven. i will drive it to and from the track. The car will be ready no later than dsm shootout 2012. Also yes SIM is doing work on it but im also doing alot of the work myself. So far I have done more to the car then SIM. I also picked up Fuel Injector Clinic as a sponsor. Here is some updates of the build.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/blo...-bolt-bottom-end-record-attempt-update-3.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/blo...-bolt-bottom-end-record-attempt-update-2.html

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/blo...s-stock-6-bolt-bottom-end-record-attempt.html

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back