The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

99 GSX Rebirth/Clean-Up/Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With my tax return money I went ahead and purchased some much needed parts :)

View attachment 260645

Full evo 8 Brembo kit with rotor pro slotted discs and 2g brembo adapters.

View attachment 260646

These things fit perfectly.

View attachment 260647

View attachment 260648

This is just for mock up, I will be stripping them and either painting them or getting them powdercoated.

I also picked up this little guy.

View attachment 260649

This is pretty much were my project stands right now. I'm sure I forgot a ton of crap but I did my best. When I return from college I will be sure to post up more pictures of what's going on with my build.

Future plans

Install my evo 9 fuel pump
Purchase evo 9 recaros
Get rear bumper/ sideskirts repainted
Get tactrix 2.0 cable with ecuflash/evoscan
Roll rear fenders
5spd swap

I do not plan on doing anything else performance wise, I'm not so big into that kind of stuff. I just really want my eclipse to be clean and be done right. I don't plan on driving this thing everyday, but do plan on just keeping it until it rusts apart or gets totaled.
This is such an amazing build! FR man such a solid job!

Getting closer!

51735017427_e18241ca69_k.jpg
Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

51735842251_02b187fdb7_k.jpg

51735842276_20ad616cd9_k.jpg

51736076963_88f5ed4fb9_k.jpg

SHES HOME!!!

51747534441_0946b8c251_k.jpg

I went and picked it up from the painter as soon as he said it was ready. Also it was 70 degrees in Denver yesterday so I wanted to get it all tucked away while it was amazing weather.

51748412365_6d48aec118_k.jpg

51748179464_76fbbc3a29_k.jpg

51746707272_42cb1e411a_k.jpg

51747534561_0907bd6ca5_k.jpg

51748179594_79d62373f3_k.jpg

51747775528_57e38a7a9c_k.jpg

51746707447_36713e1035_k.jpg

51748179339_bcad3c512c_k.jpg

51748179349_7b6f604d1d_k.jpg

51747775543_4b8ef3829f_k.jpg

Pretty bummed I don't have any room to actually put it together! But it fits at least. I will probably have to organize all my parts in my basement and bring them out one by one or something.

Super happy with the paint job. There is definitely some trash in some spots that I noticed but can always get those out.

-Brady

SHES HOME!!!

View attachment 647903Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

I went and picked it up from the painter as soon as he said it was ready. Also it was 70 degrees in Denver yesterday so I wanted to get it all tucked away while it was amazing weather.

View attachment 647904Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 647905Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 647906Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 647907Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 647908Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 647909Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 647910Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 647911Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 647912Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 647913Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

Pretty bummed I don't have any room to actually put it together! But it fits at least. I will probably have to organize all my parts in my basement and bring them out one by one or something.

Super happy with the paint job. There is definitely some trash in some spots that I noticed but can always get those out.

-Brady
It’s not going in that massive, clean AF garage where the Jeep has been???!

Yooo.

So still doing some things in the background.

My original plating company told me their zinc plating was out of order until the summer at least, so that was a bummer.

But I guess it was sort of a blessing in disguise because the new plater I found is super affordable and their plating looks soooooo much better. It is hard to believe these bolts were rusty at one point.

51921948801_b6fb184eea_k.jpg

51922281954_78018d2efd_k.jpg

Here is a comparison with the previous plating.

Old plating is the bottom two bolts, new plating is the top three.

51922044518_b71209a414_k.jpg

Soooo I'm redoing all the other bolts and brackets I had plated previously.

I'm fairly certain I will have thousands of bolts leftover that I won't be using haha. It is still snowing here in Denver but as soon as the weather clears up I can start getting the car back together. I have to have the garage door open to work on the car and I'm not going to be doing that until it warms up!

Peace.

Im no plating expert but the dull finish i think is if they put it in a tumbler vs basket. We have this sometime and its the same platers.

Tumbling is alot faster process but they tend to charge the same price but speed for them is more profit.

Im no plating expert but the dull finish i think is if they put it in a tumbler vs basket. We have this sometime and its the same platers.

Tumbling is alot faster process but they tend to charge the same price but speed for them is more profit.
The dull zinc plating was individual hung, the shiny was in a tumbler at the new place FYI. Also I have some brackets that were hung/plated by the new platers and they are shiny as well. Just think the second place has a better process or something, no idea.

The dull zinc plating was individual hung, the shiny was in a tumbler at the new place FYI. Also I have some brackets that were hung/plated by the new platers and they are shiny as well. Just think the second place has a better process or something, no idea.
Maybe i got it the wrong way around LOL, im no expert on plating so i could of remembered thd process wrongly. Its weird though right as being knocked about im my mind think the llating to be dull but guess not. Hopefully i can now retain this info as the correct info! Im sure to forget again as its not something that comes up often anywhere really.

Why i said that way is we had some plates done and they were super shiney and nice looking. We had some shafts done in a tumbler and it was dull. I guess the place we use is a bit backwards

Yooo.

My original plating company told me their zinc plating was out of order until the summer at least, so that was a bummer.

But I guess it was sort of a blessing in disguise because the new plater I found is super affordable and their plating looks soooooo much better. It is hard to believe these bolts were rusty at one point.

View attachment 654556Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 654557Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 654558Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

I'm fairly certain I will have thousands of bolts leftover that I won't be using haha. It is still snowing here in Denver but as soon as the weather clears up I can start getting the car back together. I have to have the garage door open to work on the car and I'm not going to be doing that until it warms up!

Peace.
Share some info please. What's "cheap"?
I will be looking for local platers at some point and I'd like to compare.
I used to have a 5 gallon bucket full of excess hardware and I was going to do this but it wasn't in the cards. BTW not that you've wondered but a tornado can pickup a 5 gallon bucket of hardware and not drop a piece. Never found any of it.

Yooo.

View attachment 654556Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 654557Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

View attachment 654558Untitled by bradydings, on Flickr

Peace.
I don’t want to hear any excuses, it was 70 degrees all last week 🤣🤣🤣

In the meantime I think I'll start cleaning everything and organizing even more.

I have loads and loads of spare clips, plastic pieces etc that I had in a big bucket I wanted to take inventory and organize/clean.

I dumped everything in a bin with some soap and scrubbed it all multiple times, then dumped out on a towel to dry.

51924526330_c51228b793_k.jpg

51923898101_95c58e597e_k.jpg

I did purchase all new sideskirt clips off amazon, they are not OEM, but I don't care about that.

I have a bunch of stuff at my storage unit I need to bring to my house to clean and organize as well. When the weather warms up enough to be cleaning the bigger items outside I will kick it into overdrive.

Peace.

Hey Brady,

I love the build, been following along since I first joined. Your build is a huge inspiration to me and many others. I do have a couple questions.

What is it you looked for when deciding on a body shop to bring your car to?

Did you know someone? So that made it easier?

How long did it take for your car to be done? I am thinking most places for what you and others/I want done I would expect them to be like 6 months to a year.

I will be bringing my 90 in to a body shop to be done, within the next year, I want a professional paint job done, and to be done right.

Just planning for what is upcoming ahead for me.

Thank you,
Seth

Last edited:
Hey Brady,

I love the build, been following along since I first joined. Your build is a huge inspiration to me and many others. I do have a couple questions.

What is it you looked for when deciding on a body shop to bring your car to?

Did you know someone? So that made it easier?

How long did it take for your car to be done? I am thinking most places for what you and others/I want done I would expect them to be like 6 months to a year.

I will be bringing my 90 in to a body shop to be done, within the next year, I want a professional paint job done, and to be done right.

Just planning for what is upcoming ahead for me.

Thank you,
Seth

Thanks Seth!

I looked for someone on their own, not a big corporate body shop. I looked for someone who had experience with modified cars just because. I just found a guy on instagram who was mutual friends of a bunch of Denver car scene people.

My car took 6 months, but I told him to take his time as I was moving.

Regarding the paint job, I think that unless you are spending 30k, there WILL be things that you notice that aren't perfect. It is inevitable. My paint job is great, but there is definitely some trash in the paint, and small imperfections. I've talked to a few people who have had their cars repainted and mentioned my "complaints" and they ALL said this is 100% normal. They all told me that the best thing to do after the paint job is take the car to a professional detailer for the wet sand/buff after the thing has been put together, and that will take care of 99% of the imperfections I notice.

I also have some complaints on the "shave" job on the engine bay. Some of the welds aren't completely filled in/smoothed out with body filler. But when someone is welding 100+ holes up, I don't really expect them to take 30 minutes of filling/sanding for each weld.

Just don't have expectations of a 100% perfect paint job because that is not plausible unless you are paying 20k+ for a paint job!

UPDATE:

I pulled the trigger on a lease for a large workshop to move all of my parts and assemble the car! It is 40'x22'.

So excited to get the shell brought over and all my parts organized/cleaned so I can wrap this thing up!!

52149081711_37259ea7c8_k.jpg

52149320319_92b63c86fe_k.jpg

Updates soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back