The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Removed pedal assembly to get ready to send to Sheps. Pulled ECU to send to ECM Tuning. Removed front bumper, power steering cooler, sidemount intercooler and piping. Yanked off the warped O2 housing and Crappy exhaust. Crushed the BOV. Pulled the radiator and coolant lines. Pretty much a whole lot of taking things off. It will all pay off here in the next few weeks.

started to build a replacement rear tubular bumper to replace the stock bumper

Got my Holset bolted up somewhat. It took a little longer than I expected since the compressor cover was contacting the block right at the bell housing. It's not completely finished, but the hard part is definitely over.

Attachments

• DSCN0942.jpg
    DSCN0942.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 63
Installed 12" spal fan. Wes here a pic of engine bay.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Got a WR overflow on the way, PE rad cap, keychain with a turbo:D. Slowly cleaning things up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it inspected and registered yesterday, finally! Did the entire emission delete today, also got my FP exhaust manifold heat shield installed.

Jayson

Pulled my leaking throttle body off, getting my nt tb ready to go on. Tightened up some loose bolts. Should be good next weekend. Still need to throw in my wally, lc1 and boost gauge, then i should be ready for that evo x turbo when it arrives

Yesterday I Fitted the new shrouds to my retro and drilled and tapped the heat sinks for my Cree LED DRLs for the new hardware.

I also tried to dig it out again and that's certainly not happening.

Clutch pedal adjustment that made my day! PO was such a bum! It was so far off and now I have zero shifting problems.

Went to remove the plug from my oil filter housing and realized its bigger then 8mm also found out I have a 90 oil filter housing on my 93 Talon.

Worked on the intercooler setup and took this picture.

cleaned the garage and the shop in the basement, jacked up an pushed the evo 3 over to the wall in the garage. Put the awd 2gb talon spyder on the charger to bring it into the garage to pull the engine this week to get t he deck milled so it stops pushing coolant and send out the turbo to get rebuilt

Cut my -20AN upper and lower radiator hoses tonight, time to put them in a vise and put on the hose ends then finish the radiator install.

:dsm:

Hey gofer how are you doing the rad for the -20an fittings? Specific radiator, or are you threading them and then converting them to an male fittings?
AFCO radiator and it's already been converted with 20AN bungs along with the t-stat housing.

:dsm:

Rebuilt my power steering pump and re-sprayed it with a nice aluminum silver and satin black. Looks great and doesn't leak anymore :rocks:

Attachments

• downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 54
  • downsize_2.jpg
    downsize_2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 60
  • downsize_3.jpg
    downsize_3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 59
Today, I decided to pull and re gasket my turbo... 4 hotside cracks, 3 bent fins, two 02 housing cracks and a partridge in a freaking pear tree. oh wait, that's a manifold crack... Up yours, heatsoak!!!

so i ordered 660cc injectors, cometic head gasket set, new pistons, connecting rods and rings, new valves, walboro 255, aeromotive fpr, hallman cab mounted mbc, tubular o2 housing, Import Evolution silicone coolant hose kit, glowshift triple gauge pod, glowshift boost, fuel pressure and wideband gauges, and a CX racing big 16G and tubular manifold, and took three days off of work next week. hooray for tax time and 275hp in a box! :)

If I bought a good turbo, I would've had no money left for supporting mods. YEAH, FP BLACK!!!! But my injectors can't spool it and it ran my engine too lean and I melted my brand new pistons!!! Plus, it only has to make it to the start of fire season in two months

Today, I decided to pull and re gasket my turbo... 4 hotside cracks, 3 bent fins, two 02 housing cracks and a partridge in a freaking pear tree. oh wait, that's a manifold crack... Up yours, heatsoak!!!

so i ordered 660cc injectors, cometic head gasket set, new pistons, connecting rods and rings, new valves, walboro 255, aeromotive fpr, hallman cab mounted mbc, tubular o2 housing, Import Evolution silicone coolant hose kit, glowshift triple gauge pod, glowshift boost, fuel pressure and wideband gauges, and a CX racing big 16G and tubular manifold, and took three days off of work next week. hooray for tax time and 275hp in a box! :)

275 hp goals off a 16G...this is like buying Magnum condoms in front of a girl and then asking her if she has some extra tampons to fill it out for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back