The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What do you use to pull your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I pull with this, new to me, 2004 Silverado with the LS motor. I drove 40 miles Sunday to look at another DSM (Just shoot me now) but didn't buy it. The trailer is new, all steel bed, winch (for dead cars) and electric brakes. I think I have 7k or so in the 2 of them. Hell, the trailer cost more than the pulling truck! ROFL
Marty

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Haven't had to tow any of my dsms yet, but if I do I've got a 600hp montero that gets the job done like nothing. :D

Untitled by Tyeler Andersen, on Flickr

Recently Acquired trailer with my 2012 Sierra 6.2L (towing the LUV to the trans shop once again :-( )

I have a cold one and and el cheapo heated seat cover ROFL .
Don't judge me! :nono: ;):p

Lmao

To find parts and cars off the beaten path . I yanked out the female robotic crapy navigation and put in a linkswell 12.1 head unit. It's basically a android tablet.

Well thats cool as hell :thumb:
I love that kind of mod!

Sept last year I traded a 07 2500 classic and a 08 Vw R32 in on this. Both were closing in on 200,000.. Before shot and well u have seen the after. Mods , 7 inch lift, 35 /12:50 , wheels 22x9, Flowmaster ss dual cat back exhuast, s and w cold air intake, stand alone tunner, chome front bumper, hid headlight bulbs, led fog lights, weather tech, rough country bed mat and tonue cover, led reverse bulbs, power folding tow mirrors . Future mods 456 gears and rear air bags .

Sept last year I traded a 07 2500 classic and a 08 Vw R32 in on this. Both were closing in on 200,000.. Before shot and well u have seen the after. Mods , 7 inch lift, 35 /12:50 , wheels 22x9, Flowmaster ss dual cat back exhuast, s and w cold air intake, stand alone tunner, chome front bumper, hid headlight bulbs, led fog lights, weather tech, rough country bed mat and tonue cover, led reverse bulbs, power folding tow mirrors . Future mods 456 gears and rear air bags .

ROFLROFLROFL

I tow with my trusty 2nd gen cummins, 3rd owner and bought it for $4500 from a farmer who I hauled grain for.
Sees over 20mpg towing consistently and 30 mpg bobtailing, blew me away. Only bad thing about having a diesel tow rig is you tend to buy more sh*t then you should!

I pull with this, new to me, 2004 Silverado with the LS motor. I drove 40 miles Sunday to look at another DSM (Just shoot me now) but didn't buy it. The trailer is new, all steel bed, winch (for dead cars) and electric brakes. I think I have 7k or so in the 2 of them. Hell, the trailer cost more than the pulling truck! ROFL
Marty

What's the deck height at the beaver tail? Any problems with lowered dsms/other cars? Ramp length? Sorry just trying to figure out what I want for my next trailer, current one is only a 16 ft deck with 24" deck height and 5 ft ramps....makes it a pita putting on even stock height dsms.

I don't own a trailer for it yet but it has towed a few cars on borrowed trailers before. And I need a longer drop hitch.
I nominate you for the coolest niche tow rig ever! That is soooo awesome.

For local trips I use my 2008 Silverado but for out of town events last year I bought a 93 Winnebago RB22. Having the RV had been a game changer for weekend events. It's old but it's in very good condition, well taken care of for the last 20 years by an elderly couple who owned it. Big block 454 is a little gas hungry but still manages about 8.5mpg towing.

Last edited:
I have pulled mine with both my bmw x83 x3 and f15 x5, both have the striaght 6 engine and cant even tell its behind them! It doesnt take much to pull them! In the past I used the v6 vw touareg with absolutely no problem either! I have a f250 diesel but never onced used it pull my eclipse LOL. Ford gives me more problem than any import vehicle I have owned!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back