The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Project Nicole, 2gb AWD Talon Spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

California?! Wow, Good luck with that noise. Can't pee the wrong way without them making a law against it :D

So true ;) However, I will be keeping my Colorado plates, so I won't have to deal with all of CA's bullshit, but might get pulled over more since it'll be out-of-state plates (especially with CO legalizing weed).

Went out Saturday and took some new pictures let me know what you guys think!

FB_IMG_1477237401990_zpsxfwgpjts.jpg

FB_IMG_1477237708789_zpsfcfowvia.jpg

Stay tuned!

Just so you know, your car is the lock screen on my phone. I just read through the entire build thread. Love the car man, good work.

Well here's an update guys! Finally made it to the dyno! Here's a video of the first pull I think she made 260
whp on this pull? Lol my tuner came over and pulled out some more power out of her, here's the best pull she did that day! We lowered the boost and made more power with some fine tuning.

279whp 325Tq She's blast to drive! 20psi on 91oct
20161111_130645_zpsgepkjb10.jpg

I've also replaced my top! Gotta say it's a pain LOL Even with a walk thru DVD there was a few things that weren't clear enough but the new top is much nicer and my old one was in terrible shape. Here's a few pics I snapped during the install. It didn't come out perfect but definitely is nicer than my old top.

20161210_103432_zpsofrtrkqh.jpg

20161210_103423_zpsfsdapnzn.jpg

20161211_093743_zpsa2bow46r.jpg

That's all I've got for now fellas! Stay tuned!

I'm back fellas! Finally got around to taking it to my friends body shop and we've started on the dings dents and pulling the rear end to straighten it out and match all the paint work that's already been done! Here's a few pics
20180407_152300.jpg
20180407_160703.jpg
20180407_152300.jpg
20180407_160703.jpg
20180407_132531.jpg
20180407_160715.jpg
20180407_132534.jpg
20180407_132548.jpg
20180407_152200.jpg

Hello gents! Recently had some more paint work done!

Prepped and painted the fenders side skirts and rear bumper!
20180518_120701.jpg
20180518_213640.jpg
20180518_215529.jpg
20180518_215540.jpg
20180518_215548.jpg
Its slowly but surely getting done! We decided to spray the whole car my friends pictured are the ones doing the work I helped a little in the preparation but they are definitely the ones spending the most time. We're hoping to have the car and the rest of the trim pieces, mirrors and door handles in the booth next weekend!

Stay Tuned!

Very nice job. I want to do the AWD swap but don’t have the patience or garage space to do it. Curious how much it would be to pay some one to do the work?

Very nice job. I want to do the AWD swap but don’t have the patience or garage space to do it. Curious how much it would be to pay some one to do the work?

It's really not hard just time consuming. I would be able to do another in a weekend with a parts car parked next to the car being swapped. I wouldn't have the slightest clue what to charge someone because I don't think I would take that job personally. I would imagine you'd be into It a few thousand based on hourly work or if you could come to an agreed price with someone to take it on as a flat rate job.

I'm always down to shoot you some tips or pointers if you ever decide to do the swap yourself. I tried to detail as much as possible in this thread.

I've spent the last two hours at work (oooops) reading your thread and I have to say, wow. I'm blown away at the amount of time and patience you've poured into this Spyder. Amazing job and I'm glad you're keeping her around. My Spyder walked on me last summer and I've almost sourced all of the parts to get her back up and running this year (Motor, HKS Cams, ect.). Of course, life is throwing me curve balls and getting in the way of that, but you've shown us all how to persevere! I cannot thank you enough, from the other side of the country, you have inspired me.

I've spent the last two hours at work (oooops) reading your thread and I have to say, wow. I'm blown away at the amount of time and patience you've poured into this Spyder. Amazing job and I'm glad you're keeping her around. My Spyder walked on me last summer and I've almost sourced all of the parts to get her back up and running this year (Motor, HKS Cams, ect.). Of course, life is throwing me curve balls and getting in the way of that, but you've shown us all how to persevere! I cannot thank you enough, from the other side of the country, you have inspired me.

That is incredible and makes all of this worth it! Thanks for the kind words!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back