The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Orca - 11 sec street rippa

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you upgrade your oil pressure regulator plate under the valve cover? MAP said they reccomend it for people that are running bigger turbos and heavier boost.

Yes. Kiggly hla. I told you about it on your build LOL

Picked up a virgin spare head. It will be getting new valves, kiggly beehives and a valve job by the end of the year. Cams and hla will be transferred from current head.
130BAF04-B58D-46B5-B5C3-4373E1E7A748.jpeg

My buddy threw in a 91-94 throttle body since I needed a new idle switch. I also had a feeling my fiav wasn’t working properly since cold start idle seems little higher than normal and it would surge when coming to a stop. So glad this was the issue because I’ve been trying to track this down since rebuilding the engine. You can see the right fiav is stuck

1DD3C792-6A13-474F-94BF-BD96C97A1E08.jpeg

Rebuild the throttle body and installed. Just need to put coolant in and make sure the water pump doesn’t leak as it’s the 4th one after the rebuild. I do think it was my fault not throughly cleaning out the block. We shall see.

FD62B245-5109-4EB0-9BE1-EF11667703B7.jpeg

Looking good man i run kigglys the hla and the kelford 272s, just deleted my fiav. Love the build man.

Thanks Vic! I thought about deleting it but for now, going to leave it in now that I have a working one.

Mines works im keeping parts , but curius to see how it works out, i have a na tb, rebuilt, but im wondering about it. just to see.

Mines works im keeping parts , but curius to see how it works out, i have a na tb, rebuilt, but im wondering about it. just to see.
Why aren’t you going bigger? You have JMFab IM

jmf something diffrent na s90 everyone has one it seems i can always selll it, if i need to and make good money off it. 200 for a tb was quite a bit for now.

The NA TB has a bigger ID right? I saw the stock elbow they put on the 1gs why did they make it bottleneck like that?
Yes the 1g NA tb is slightly bigger (largest out of all iirc) and I’m not sure why they made it that way. For me to use the na tb I’d have to mod my upper charge pipe which I didn’t want to do. Not yet at least.

Yes the 1g NA tb is slightly bigger (largest out of all iirc) and I’m not sure why they made it that way. For me to use the na tb I’d have to mod my upper charge pipe which I didn’t want to do. Not yet at least.
I did some looking around on the car and noticed that was done to my engine before i got it. So the previous owner must have known a few littles things about DSMs at least. It came with that a 2g elbow and the 1g manifold which explains a gasket kit for a 2g not fitting correctly the first go around LOL.

I did the coolant bypass gate on my FIAV, now it hates being started in the cold maybe i should have used it the stock route instead.
Yeah it’s going to hate cold start but from what I’ve seen it only takes a minute or two, probably longer in the winter

I kept getting boost leaking into the coolant and busting radiator lines and presssurizing the hell out of my expansion tank. The one that was on the car when i got it split in two doing a little pull during a shake down LOL

The NA TB has a bigger ID right? I saw the stock elbow they put on the 1gs why did they make it bottleneck like that?
The bottom left is a 1G DSM non turbo throttle body. The bottom right is an early EVO throttle body. Those have the same size, 63mm.
Top left/right are from JDM GVR4/90 Turbo DSM and 91-94 Turbo DSM. Those have 60mm.
11216485_541952515964994_3245720985948058338_o.jpg

The bottom left is a 1G DSM non turbo throttle body. The bottom right is an early EVO throttle body. Those have the same size, 63mm.
Top left/right are from JDM GVR4/90 Turbo DSM and 91-94 Turbo DSM. Those have 60mm.
View attachment 626363
thanks
View attachment 626363
Thanks that helps a lot, mine is actually the top right so i was wrong. Is that a pretty good upgrade over the stock 2g TB?

I've been hunting down lots of issues with the car and pretty much got ALMOST everything sorted out and I mean a lot. The latest issue to be resolved is that when the cooling fan would turn on, the idle would go low and idle seemed to surge ever so slightly. Did a BLT, check all grounds and check isc operation and it was all good. Thought maybe it the tune so I tried richening and leaning out the cells in the SD table when the fan comes on..., nope! I was reading the idle switch (IPS) procedure and it said to turn it in 15/16th after switch is grounded which I was unaware of. I did that and now my idle is perfect and doesn't drop when the fan turns on. You can see it in the log where the isc jumps above 30.

The displayed values are averages of the full log.

1618674817844.png

Next order of business is find a water leak in the trunk...ughhh!

Thanks for following!!

Attachments

• log.2021.04.17-02.elg
    63.4 KB · Views: 25
I've been hunting down lots of issues with the car and pretty much got ALMOST everything sorted out and I mean a lot. The latest issue to be resolved is that when the cooling fan would turn on, the idle would go low and idle seemed to surge ever so slightly. Did a BLT, check all grounds and check isc operation and it was all good. Thought maybe it the tune so I tried richening and leaning out the cells in the SD table when the fan comes on..., nope! I was reading the idle switch (IPS) procedure and it said to turn it in 15/16th after switch is grounded which I was unaware of. I did that and now my idle is perfect and doesn't drop when the fan turns on. You can see it in the log where the isc jumps above 30.

The displayed values are averages of the full log.

View attachment 627336

Next order of business is find a water leak in the trunk...ughhh!

Thanks for following!!
Good info, i struggle with idle every now and then, i think perfect idle with these engines is very hard to get. Nice work!

Good info, i struggle with idle every now and then, i think perfect idle with these engines is very hard to get. Nice work!
It’s been a battle man. Used to be perfect before the engine build. Hope it stays this way

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back