The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Orca - 11 sec street rippa

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been performing some preventative maintenance on myself LOL between colonoscopy exam and septoplaty surgery to correct my deviated septum. Both went well so pretty stoked my next colonoscopy will be in 10 years. I’ve been enjoying the car and almost done with 500 mile break in. Yesterday I calculated 250 miles on 12 gallons which equals 20mpg not getting into boost. Not bad for this old girl. Got my billet cas cover today so took the 1 minute to slap it in. Not sure what’s up with the line on top but whatevz! Next things to tackle is reseal the oil pan with pan gasket from extremepsi and fix a water leak in the trunk.

View attachment 630115

Love the CAS cap! Its hard to believe that bad boy is 30 years old and looks brand new nice work brother!
Thanks buddy! Yeah crazy to think it’s coming up on the big 3 0.

Just had to jump in and say you truly have a BEAUTIFUL dsm my friend. I hope you have many years of enjoyment with her and I’m glad to hear your in good health!:hellyeah:
Thanks Jeremy! And Hell yeah man! Meee tooo! Glad I got it all out of the way cuz we all know getting old sucks and without our health, none of this matters.

Cool car! Bet the wife loves that thing. Im alot the same on that i make sure the wife has a good reliable car. Pretty cool man.
Yeah man. Even though the Altima is still solid, it was just getting up there. I listed the Altima for $1500 and now I think I’ve listed it way too low because I’ve received 35 inquiries. Overwhelmed to say the least.

For sure that car looks way to nice for 1500. Plus you said it runs great and that alone is worth more than 1500
Who ever buys it won’t have to do a thing for a very long time.

Haven’t touched the dsm in a while. Last few weeks I’ve been working on the tsx. 9 hour wash, clay bar, paint correction and ceramic coated it. First time using ceramic coat and it’s one of the best inventions as far as exterior care. I recommend anyone with decent paint to give it a shot.

Back to the dsm. Ever since I replaced the oil pan w spectra, it’s been leaking and then the arp main studs made it worse so decided to give the oil pan gasket a shot. I had it idle for a while and it seems to have stopped which I’m super stoked about. Any kind of leak drives me crazy. We’ll see after getting some miles on it. The lower timing cover has warped so much that the ac belt rubbed through so I bit the bullet and picked up a new one. There’s so much room. Ordered the cover from Hyundai but they’re on back order. $60 vs $130 :barf:
DC7C069C-BB25-4105-A9FF-8B69C9FEB422.jpeg
ACD48FBD-9E0B-4FD4-B6E5-200D29331741.jpeg
C1794A93-BF2F-4F62-9C68-680EB5817435.jpeg

I’m planning on driving to Buschur to dyno tune the car after the wife comes back from a girls trip here in a few weeks. Can’t wait!!

Why do you recommend the ceramic? What’s it supposed to do? Which product did you use?

My Hyundai cover kept hitting the timing gears and dampener. I could never get it to not hit. Maybe I was unlucky.

Why do you recommend the ceramic? What’s it supposed to do? Which product did you use?

My Hyundai cover kept hitting the timing gears and dampener. I could never get it to not hit. Maybe I was unlucky.
I used armor shield. It’s basically a permanent wax that’s super hydrophobic and protects against uv rays. It’s easy to get stuff off the paint like road grime and bugs. I’ve read it last between 1-5 years. You never have to wax again. Make sure you really clean the paint and make any correct necessary. It’s perfect for you since you just painted your car.

Glad I went w oem cover in that case.

Haven’t touched the dsm in a while. Last few weeks I’ve been working on the tsx. 9 hour wash, clay bar, paint correction and ceramic coated it. First time using ceramic coat and it’s one of the best inventions as far as exterior care. I recommend anyone with decent paint to give it a shot.

Back to the dsm. Ever since I replaced the oil pan w spectra, it’s been leaking and then the arp main studs made it worse so decided to give the oil pan gasket a shot. I had it idle for a while and it seems to have stopped which I’m super stoked about. Any kind of leak drives me crazy. We’ll see after getting some miles on it. The lower timing cover has warped so much that the ac belt rubbed through so I bit the bullet and picked up a new one. There’s so much room. Ordered the cover from Hyundai but they’re on back order. $60 vs $130 :barf:
View attachment 634083View attachment 634084View attachment 634085

I’m planning on driving to Buschur to dyno tune the car after the wife comes back from a girls trip here in a few weeks. Can’t wait!!
That looks really good! I watched the guys on speed academy do the paint treatment you are talking about. I'm terrified at destroying my paint so i haven't attempted it. 9 hours is committed LOL good job man!

That looks really good! I watched the guys on speed academy do the paint treatment you are talking about. I'm terrified at destroying my paint so i haven't attempted it. 9 hours is committed LOL good job man!
Thanks Jeff! It’s not that bad especially if you use a da polisher. You can’t really hurt the paint with a da. Orbital, yes. You can take the clear and paint off easily. Ammo nyc is the guy you want to follow as far as detailing goes. His ocd is at another level when it comes to detailing LOL

Is your IC piping powder coated? It looks so nice!

Is your IC piping powder coated? It looks so nice!
Yes. It came that way when I got it. It’s a scuffed up but not bad. You should get an oven for your garage so you can powder coat yourself. I’d 100% get one if my garage was bigger

I have a young friend that joined up with us here not long ago that has that setup and I bought powder for him so I get my stuff done for free!
I bought him Chrome and Jet Black to go with his Red, White and Blue powders. Chrome powder is kinda high.

I have a young friend that joined up with us here not long ago that has that setup and I bought powder for him so I get my stuff done for free!
I bought him Chrome and Jet Black to go with his Red, White and Blue powders. Chrome powder is kinda high.
That’s awesome. Everyone can use a buddy that powder coats

No lie. I have another in Topeka that will do my stuff for pennies and postage. He is a young man I bought my 90 Laser from ($400, delivered).
The one I bought powder for, I drive by his house twice everyday going to and from work so it is a no brainer. Drop off one day and usually the next day it is done. He begs me for "projects to play with" :thumb:

No lie. I have another in Topeka that will do my stuff for pennies and postage. He is a young man I bought my 90 Laser from ($400, delivered).
The one I bought powder for, I drive by his house twice everyday going to and from work so it is a no brainer. Drop off one day and usually the next day it is done. He begs me for "projects to play with" :thumb:

Well, I mean if he wants some more work, I'll have plenty to powder coat soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back