The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Orca - 11 sec street rippa

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are our paint codes the same? If so tell me where you got that white paint, that is a perfect blend
I’m not sure. The code faded in my bay LOL so I brought the gas door and the color that pulled up was a Honda color. I told them to save the color in my account. Lmk if you need it and I’ll get you the info.

When they first made the color, it looked more yellow so I had him remove some yellow. Long story short, the original color they made matched the best. Seems like when it drys, the yellow isn’t as noticeable

image.jpg

Looks really good man my paint will have to wait a few more months
Thanks Vic! Yeah best to wait if it’s cold up there. The first layer of base started crazing and I didn’t know why until I did some research. Feel like I learned a lot about painting in the past few weeks. Luckily we had decent weather this week.

What is the press needed for Tony?

What is the press needed for Tony?
To get this pin out. Then the main shaft slides out. Someone said you didn’t have to remove that pin but there’s no way…impossible

D160F930-F2D7-4DB2-9E81-E6E6E4FCB696.jpeg

So do you use the press to press the pin out or is it for something else? Also, what seal # does the CAS take? Thx T!

So do you use the press to press the pin out or is it for something else? Also, what seal # does the CAS take? Thx T!
Post #9 for the seal

Yes. I used the press to knock the pin out using a 9/32 deep socket (bc I didn’t want to damage my metric socket in case) and a square bit on the other side. Then used this long screw driver to finish the job. Anything that’s a bit smaller than the pin.

image.jpg

Make sure to mark the dot to the shaft
image.jpg

Use a 24mm socket and an impact driver on the other side WITH THE CORRECT SIZE PHILLIPS.
C2D7B147-2D81-4359-BD40-E4744FA06393.jpeg

This is the oe seal

image.jpg

Also, I believe the groves on the shaft is for oil. Mine was all gunked up so I put it through the wire wheel
DB995862-67FF-4EB3-9628-692A4E614640.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed explanation and photos!!! :thumb:

Oil was leaking into the inside of the CAS assembly?
Yup. You’ll see it at the bottom of the cover. If the oring leaks, it’ll leak down the head.

What’s up fellas! Been a minute. Think I found the issue with the hot no start which turned out to be no ground side control on inj circuit, ecu side. Sent the ecu in for inspection and they didn’t find anything. Dave did mention airflow and a few other things it needs to ground injectors. Well, pin 10 had a connector the previous owner had wired. It measured .5ohms of resistance with no stress on the wire. Pulled back the insulation and I see this. One side was barely making contact with the wire and both connectors pulled off easily. Should get the ecu back today. 🤞

B8924FE1-E151-45F1-8CD6-8168609BC98E.jpeg
4AA6F991-9F54-4EA3-A1FA-6F698866DB44.jpeg

What's the deal Tony! :hellyeah:
What up Zo!!! Solder this wire and another one that had the insulation cut. Waiting for Ups…literally. I’m curious if I have to retune it.

What up fellas!! I’m good. Not a whole lot here. Minor updates. Found a new old stock tensioner arm and bracket. Installed that and new oe ect sensor, coolant sensor for gauge, mpi relay, jmfab brake and clutch reservoir caps, new timing cover and installed a slim fan yesterday.

IMG_4118.jpeg
IMG_4119.jpeg
IMG_4120.jpeg

I’ve had this radio for a few years now and haven’t played with it until now. I’m surprised how good it sounds. Just needs a little base. I can watch YT on it LOL. Got around to installing the bezel.

IMG_4121.jpeg

Still trying to track down a hot-crank-no start. Now it starts in two or three attempts so kinda hard to diagnose.

Hope you and your dsm’s are all are doing well!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back