The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

my 92 6/4 auto journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The welds look shotty.But for 40 bux I would have bought it too.

My megan DP snakes down like that too.I went with a tubular o2 housing.The ported 1g/2g o2 will help if you are not going with a different o2 housing.

Also put the dp on and run your car with just the dp on.Its an awsome sound.So you might want to try that;)

ya i couldn't believe the price i was just browsing ebay and stumbled across it and i took the pic of the worst weld the rest a better then the one in the pic. and i might start her up to hear it with just the down pipe but no longer then a day i live in an apartment complex and im sure my neighbors would shoot me if i started my car at 6 in the morning to goto work with no exhaust they already think its loud.

wow u live around some tolerant people. all my neighbors are whinny bitches. they dont like it when i work on my car in the complex cus it makes it look "ghetto" when a cars on jack stands. its only been on jack stands a few times and never longer then a day so i say they can deal with it. i usually work in my friends garage.

wow dsm really does stand for daily service maintenance. LOL man what an adventure. i went on my first long road trip and got real low on gas like on E when i arrived. any ways when i was about ten miles out from my destination and my car starts sputtering and anything over half throttle im like WTF. so i get to where im going relax from my like 6 hour drive. the next day i start looking into thing and think about how low it got on gas and that ive never let it get under a quarter tank. so i decide to replace the fuel filter since its only 20 bucks. fixed the problem and damn shes has never pulled so hard she been starved of fuel not to menchin the 93 octain gas they had compared to my 91. but that was short lived half way through my vacation it starts acting up again. and i didnt have a place or a way to check my fuel pump which im sure that is the culprit. so i got to drive home draining my filter every 50 miles or so. that crap sucked. LOL i just got home today and will be taking the pump out tomorrow. they just have to crap out at the worst times. LOL

LOL ya its much more needy then my wife.

ok so weird enough the pump looks fine and filters clean but it is putting out such loud high pitch squel like speaker that have bad feed back. its louder then my three inch exhaust at 75 on the high way. it never did that before this problem. well since i got it all a part i ordered a wally 255, rewire kit, afpr. im going to paint my valve cover and put on the rest of my exhaust. i need to post a pic of that too.

Great build man! Fmic kit would be nice now, check out the vrsf!

ok well got the wally installed and the afpr. valve cover all painted. got to run it just a little with just the down pipe and cat cus i need to have an adapter made for the cat to meet the catback. sounds crazy but its way too loud for me. i like hearing the turbo that was awesome.

alright i got the exhaust all connected oddly its quieter with full 3in but sounds AMAZING the tone is soo much smoother and its definetly deeper. the 4g63 ehaust note is one of kind.

ok so its been a min since i posted any thing so i thought id drop in. anyway so i have been chasing down this fuel issue for awhile now it turned out a cap had puked all over the ecu board. well i long since fixed that by swapping in my old auto ecu till i can pick up an eprom for link. i must say for picking up this car for a beat ass 77 chevy 4x4 worth maby 600 bucks i got an alright deal she just needed a little tlc. ive come a long way with it and theres a lot more to go ive decided im just gona keep putting bolt ons till this tired engine gives up shes at 151xxx timing belt has been replaced at some point with gates. i have a spare 6 bolt im building. came out of my parts car with 60k on it. needed rebuilt cus balance shaft bearing spun. took it all to a shop to have it inspected and all was still well within spec so im just refreshing it with king bearings and new rings and a bse. this will be my first engine build so thats why nothing special is going into it. any way here are some recent pics of the beast and my new engine.

Attachments

• 000_0002 (3).JPG
    000_0002 (3).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 405
  • 000_0003 (3).JPG
    000_0003 (3).JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 414
  • 000_0005 (3).JPG
    000_0005 (3).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 402
  • n 1.jpg
    n 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 407
changing my o2 sensor and knock sensor tomorrow that should be fun. ive heard changing your knock sensor can be a pain in the ass.

ok changing the knock sensor was easy......getting to the knock sensor not so easy. i cut the wire off the old one, put a socket and extension on it and got it loose. i saw Several threads that said i would have to take my starter off??? in never had to touch it. just a good socket set and adjustable wrench. i also have no ac lines or vac lines to worry about either. any way the o2 sensor was super easy rented a set from the parts store and used the "crows foot" tool came out easy. she runs great

Attachments

• old knock sensor.jpg
    old knock sensor.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 388
  • new knock sensor.jpg
    new knock sensor.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
ok so im chocking my knock problem up to heat soak and lifter tick and a tiny boost leak. ive done all i can new o2, knock, properly gapped at 28 ngkbpr7es new ngk wires. turned boost down to stock pressure this seemed to help a tiny bit not seeing as high of counts but still there. my lifter tick is decently loud. especially when fully warm and the oils thinner. also my IC gets almost hot to the touch after like 20 mins of driving and i have one boost leak behinde where the throttle cable connects. car runs great when cool almost no knock

also im logging with mmcd and cant post because an adapter to connect my pocket logger to my laptop. my low fuel trims are always in the 128-134% my mids and highs are always 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been bored latly so i decided to clean up the engine bay. so far i did a full vac delete its awesome only having three lines now and no egr. along with that removed the vac solenoid bracket and AC fuse box. deleted the AC condenser, lines and pump. next thing im going to try and delete is the cruise control. starting to look alright but cus i have an auto wiring harness is huge and every where.

If you did the emissions delete correctly you should only have two vac lines, one for the fpr, and one off the intake manifold that most likely tees into your boost gauge.

@ Bud92gsx i have my afpr vac line, bov vac line, and boost controller which i know isn't a vac line but it uses vac lines. LOL so yes technicaly i have only 2. and my boost gauge is tee'd into my afpr vac line.

@TJCTalon ya dsms are quite rare here in montana. next tax season is injectors, link, and a FMIC. maby cams too if my budget is big enough theses auto cams can suck my left one LOL. if not ill put in the 5 speed cams out of my parts car.

f&(k phantom knock i need to get my new engine built sooner i still need to get 3g lifters for the head cus im DONE with this lifter tick its horrible i have brand new oil with a quart of lucus oil stabilizer and its still clear as day sounds like shit. ive done multiple boost leak test all sealed up but a small one behind my throttle cable. checked plugs and there gapped at .028 ngk bpr7es. 4 month old wires. new 02 sensor new knock sensor. cleaned out my intercooler since ive never done that fixed a boost leak there as well. i dont know what else to try besides getting rid of this lifter tick cus its bad. along with my new engine i need some solid motor mounts my shift box is finally wreaking the stock ones. i knew it was only a matter of time.

YAY NO MORE PHANTOM KNOCK. so i finally sent my ecu into get rebuilt and i just got it back and went for a good drive to relearn fuel curves after about 20 mins of driving i pulled over and hooked up the logger. i am proud to say i finally beat my pk issue some how the ecu was causing it becouse thats all ive changed and its gone. dont know how dont really care she pulls hard again. i almost cryed seriously i forgot how how amazing she was. before rebuilding my ecu i was getting 40+ counts of knock any time i accelerated even slightly hard. now i get maby 3 counts here and there and thats probably just from my lifter tick. im so happy.

ok so the cars been running great but i felt like she should be pulling harder and my fuel trims after driving abit are way off. so i took the day to go over some maintenance. i spent about two hours getting to know my boost leak tester better. found a small tear on bov vac line, two leaks on my afpr one on the adjustment screw and one on the vac line nipple. found one on my stm egr block off plate. and like three on the back of my boost gauge. never thought to check there before. now i belive i can truly say i only have one boost leak and thats the one from my tb shaft seal behind my throttle cable. also reset my idle properly, ground the timing plug and the pin on the diagnostics port and finaly i rechecked my ignition timing it was off by about 2 degrees just a little under the mark. after all that took her for a spin and man did i fall in love all over again she has never been so fast. for only 12 psi wow is all i can say and its only gona get better from here. i cant wait to get a good fmic and link so i can see the power shes hiding. tommarow i got to install my fuel pump rewire kit been procrastinating on that for a while now but after today im nice and motivated.

heres a few pics after a awsh and wax in some sun shine. let me know what ya think. shes a little rough but shes beautiful in my eyes. i would love some input in my build as well. ideas or suggestions

Attachments

• clean.jpg
    clean.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 336
  • mygirls.jpg
    mygirls.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 327
  • profilin.jpg
    profilin.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 324
  • datass.jpg
    datass.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 321
  • stuntin.jpg
    stuntin.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
let me know what ya think. shes a little rough but shes beautiful in my eyes. i would love some input in my build as well. ideas or suggestions

Nawwwwzzzzzz

Seriously, how bad is the suspension with it being a northern car? I'd look into replacing the bushings and getting parts either replaced or blasted and powder coated. I'd focus on trying to do whatever you can to save the Chasis before worry about more power.

Good luck!

Well the rear suspension is solid the front on the other hand is is shot. Struts are HORRIBLE. But all the bushings look good but its only a matter of time with how bad the front struts are floats like a caddy LOL. I was looking into coil overs and energy suspension bushing kit next tax season. This car was pretty baby it was originally owned buy an old man who sold it to his son and shortly after the tranny went into limp mode and the kid thought the tranny was shot and he sold it to me.... well he traded to me for a beat ass 77 4x4 chevy that was stuck im 4wheel drive and had 245000 on the original 350 and 200 dollar laptop.

Last edited:
i was bored today so i decided to tuck the wires that go along the intake mani. looks good and was super easy.

Attachments

• ghgh.jpg
    ghgh.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 0617131427.jpg
    0617131427.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 297
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back