The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

92 GSX 6/4 5 speed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Always good to have a spare.....everything LOL

My non leaky transfer case is in. My output shaft seal has been replaced. honestly the hardest part about it was getting picks in there to get the old seal out, the rest of it was cut and dry. Went to swap my o2 housing over to my holset and one of the studs wasn't lining up so I couldn't slide it on.. tried to get the stud out and it snapped flush in the BEP housing... so it's currently at the machine shop. In the meantime I have the non turbo waterpipe installed, my new alternator in. and am currently waiting on a few pieces.

transmission.jpg

Always fun stuff I suppose... Ugh I'm getting too old for this.

Did the VC come off easily with that puller? I need to put a 23 spline shaft in my trans.
Hope the shop gets your housing back for the weekend!

Yeah Marty it's pretty easy.. i'd recommend pulling the rotor/bracket/caliper off and getting them out of the way so you have more room for the puller. (also so you could hook an impact to it) just make sure not to lose that little ball bearing that holds the shaft in. make sure you have good snap ring pliers

Shop called, turbo is all set to go.. buttttt my boss also called. and I got pulled off vacation early. so nothing's happening this weekend.

We're back together. had to get the FP manifold milled.. both flange surfaces were warped.

30571182_1612740135513459_1289355298292629504_o.jpg

30595223_1612740125513460_1711754448407101440_o.jpg

Looking good I think. will be tuning it soon I hope

Getting the fans and everything else to fit was kind of a tight squeeze. I had to modify the stock passenger side fan to fit around the coupler.. took some trickery but I got it in. I'll take some pictures here soon, I've been slacking.

More slacking.. Made a 4" intake from silicone intakes.com and a 4" filter from stm. total cost for that bad boy? 85 bucks shipped to my door.

IMG_20180821_213623.jpg

I also switched to speed density and am going to move my wideband o2 from the front spot to a secondary location to get my front o2 running as it should be again. my laser is set up with the wideband run farther down and it seems to run much better.

On the turbo side of things..... I'm not sure. my 8 blade holset ate itself and I am now 99% certain it was my tune that did it. I ignored a knock event that continued to happen under one very specific set of circumstances and it was in that such circumstance that it failed.. @JusMX141 was kind enough to build me another holset, a 7 blade this time.. and it feels like ever since I got it in I've been battling problems (none due to the turbo.. just my bad luck) I still can't quite find where this turbo is happy.. It doesn't feel as strong as it should and I'm wondering if my relative lack of tuning knowledge may be to blame. I'm working hard to try to get this turbo to crack 50lbs/min for airflow when it should be doing it with relative ease.

Also my laptop died. so I had to replace that.. and I lost everything in the process. all logs, build pics that I never uploaded and my MUSIC. it's horrible.

Winter has a few things in store for me.. Mr peepers manifold.. I hope. I have a built 7 bolt head on the shelf ready to drop in maybe we'll get an interior upgrade. time will tell

IMG_20180810_204359.jpg

I always do. might have to make a trip down to texas and help myself to somebody elses turbo setup. We're on boost - I might try that. I've honestly been too busy with the house and the baby to really dig into anything too much.. so unfortunately the little things gotta sit by the wayside. at the moment I'm just happy to be able to still be driving the gsx.

LOL this may be so. the 8 blade felt like an upgraded 68hta.. came on completely different but really pulled like a freight train, this 7 blade spools okay and sounds good.. but it just feels.. flat

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back