The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Cool Video! 2G road trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A little peak at what’s next. I’m the one in the 4g63 sweat shirt. With rival racing on my right and Ken from Black Sheep tuning next to him. And obvs Ben. Really awesome experience to be a part of.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Was wondering if anyone they had helping them was on this forum. Nice to see.
Cant wait for the next episode.

A little peak at what’s next. I’m the one in the 4g63 sweat shirt. With rival racing on my right and Ken from Black Sheep tuning next to him. And obvs Ben. Really awesome experience to be a part of.

when the belt popped and you guys were replacing the head, your guy in red said everything I wanted to say about setting the timing belt. awesome to see you get some recognition

This was the most wholesomely entertaining thing I've watched on youtube .. ever?
No gimmicky crap, nicely done cinematics.. it reminded me of the early BBC Top Gear episodes before they went so obviously over the top to the point of "that couldn't happen unless it was seriously staged." (not harping on their new format, I still enjoy GT -- waiting for the next episode this month)

when the belt popped and you guys were replacing the head, your guy in red said everything I wanted to say about setting the timing belt. awesome to see you get some recognition
Ah….soooo I’m not in that video. The stuff I’m a part of comes later.

But I am really tight with Ken regardless
A good weekend at NJMP in 2021

And I liked it. Pulling an all nighter to replace that head was good. This weeks episode was fun to watch too.

I realy like the videos just kind of send the cars fix as they break on the road, thats what ive done get in drive it. Deal with with as it comes, bring cash, and aaa.

One thing that annoys me is that they're furthering, even by speaking the words, the misconception DSMs are unreliable and that the timing belt shredding and destroying the head furthers that notion when the reason why could have been prevented by a couple hours work and $40. They're unreliable because many of the owners are/were morons and didn't check things. He saw the timing belt was walking yet sent it anyway and then they made jokes about the unreliability.
He walked the comment back a bit by saying it was his fault for taking obvious action but in total talk time that was 10% admission, 90% blame on the platform.

I had my 1G for 12 years, the first 4 was spent learning and building the car. I had bad contacts in a PTU connector and blew a hole in an intercooler pipe. Those were the only broken bits. Even though the car was already pretty beat up here and there when I got it, it never failed to get me home and never saw a tow truck. Until, finally, a spring took a walk from the Fidanza 3.2 clutch disc hub.

Oh well, it's yelling at the moon at this point. There's relatively few left on the road anyway so an argument about their reliability is pretty moot. It's still an entertaining watch.

Last edited:
I think we all have better cars than they started out with, what a BEATER! ROFL

One thing that annoys me is that they're furthering, even by speaking the words, the misconception DSMs are unreliable and that the timing belt shredding and destroying the head furthers that notion when the reason why could have been prevented by a couple hours work and $40. They're unreliable because many of the owners are/were morons and didn't check things. He saw the timing belt was walking yet sent it anyway and then they made jokes about the unreliability.
He walked the comment back a bit by saying it was his fault for taking obvious action but in total talk time that was 10% admission, 90% blame on the platform.

I had my 1G for 12 years, the first 4 was spent learning and building the car. I had bad contacts in a PTU connector and blew a hole in an intercooler pipe. Those were the only broken bits. Even though the car was already pretty beat up here and there when I got it, it never failed to get me home and never saw a tow truck. Until, finally, a spring took a walk from the Fidanza 3.2 clutch disc hub.

Oh well, it's yelling at the moon at this point. There's relatively few left on the road anyway so an argument about their reliability is pretty moot. It's still an entertaining watch.
To be fair….he really does love the chassis. I think everyone’s going to really like what’s next.

Good to know nothing has changed.

Ben apologists aside, I really don't like the dude. If he really just looooooves the platform so much, he has a funny way of showing it by doing literally EVERYTHING he can in the video to disparage, discourage, and degrade the platform. He's got a funny way of showing his apparent love for DSMs.

Won't be watching it. He's painfully unfunny, and his accent is downright annoying. If he treated the DSM well and didn't do EVERYTHING he could to make fun of them for youtube views and internet e-peen points I might be able to overlook it, but eh. Here we are. I'd rather watch MightyCarMods or literally anything else.

Hell, I find myself liking HumbleMechanic and Deutsche Auto Parts way more, and I have a passionate hatred for german vehicles.

If Ben actually does just love DSMs soooooo much, he needs to start changing his attitude and trying harder on camera to SHOW he enjoys them. Maybe start by actually trying to make a few positive comments and stop bashing the platform at EVERY SINGLE TURN?

Good to know nothing has changed.

Ben apologists aside, I really don't like the dude. If he really just looooooves the platform so much, he has a funny way of showing it by doing literally EVERYTHING he can in the video to disparage, discourage, and degrade the platform. He's got a funny way of showing his apparent love for DSMs.

Won't be watching it. He's painfully unfunny, and his accent is downright annoying. If he treated the DSM well and didn't do EVERYTHING he could to make fun of them for youtube views and internet e-peen points I might be able to overlook it, but eh. Here we are. I'd rather watch MightyCarMods or literally anything else.

Hell, I find myself liking HumbleMechanic and Deutsche Auto Parts way more, and I have a passionate hatred for german vehicles.

If Ben actually does just love DSMs soooooo much, he needs to start changing his attitude and trying harder on camera to SHOW he enjoys them. Maybe start by actually trying to make a few positive comments and stop bashing the platform at EVERY SINGLE TURN?
Having just spent time with him working on the car last weekend, it’s a shame you feel that way. He’s a super solid dude. I’m a die hard DSM guy and will always argue the positives of the chassis to anyone that says negative stuff about them. You have to remember that it still is a show that has to keep people interested. And he had positive things to say about it. And let’s be honest, the car he got wasn’t a stellar example. I know, cause I spent two months helping him try to find one in his budget. Just give it a chance.

I'll give the next episode a whirl but, yeah, the message that seems to be the focal point here (that dsms are unreliable and ready to fall apart at any moment; it's not the owner, it's the nature of the platform) wore on me pretty quick during the second episode.

Maybe when one spies a problem with a timing component, they shouldn't stick their head in the sand and then grow a shocked face for the camera when it bites them in the ass later. That's common knowledge for any interference motor. But something tells me the conversation went:
"hey, this looks like a problem. Should we fix it?"
"No, it's better for the video if it breaks. Drama, dsm life, etc etc. clicks."

That being said, bring the car up to the more northern states and I'll happily take the drivetrain. I need a spare, even if it's just one.

Last edited:
Ya I watched the first two videos.

Ben def comes off like a douche.

Dude goes and buys the cheapest clapped out dsm from PA and then wants bash people from PA because he didn’t do is due diligence when looking at the car. (I’m from PA)

Take away from video.

-Ben’s kinda a douche
- let’s run a compression test and claim the motor is built and healthy
-notice timing belt is walking
-continue to drive and then blame that pos dsm platform when it completely fails.

Throw that shell in the garbage and stop wasting the limited parts we have left on it and give Curt the drivetrain so he stops worrying about spares

Ya if Ben loves the platform so much it’s hard to tell.

Honey you’re so ugly and your cooking isn’t that good. Wow he loves me can’t you guys tell?

-Daniel

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back