The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Cool Video! 2G road trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A little peak at what’s next. I’m the one in the 4g63 sweat shirt. With rival racing on my right and Ken from Black Sheep tuning next to him. And obvs Ben. Really awesome experience to be a part of.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
A little peak at what’s next. I’m the one in the 4g63 sweat shirt. With rival racing on my right and Ken from Black Sheep tuning next to him. And obvs Ben. Really awesome experience to be a part of.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Was wondering if anyone they had helping them was on this forum. Nice to see.
Cant wait for the next episode.
 
So as some of you have probably seen, the gears and gasoline YouTube channel bought and road tripped a 2G DSM along with an RX8. They definitely had some issues (not gonna spoil it for those that haven’t watched) but it’s a great series. Due to the fact that I’ve met Ben at gridlife events, and I introduced him to Ken from blacksheep tuning, I was invited down to the Gears And Gasoline garage and got to help with some cool projects with the road trip car! I obvs can’t say too much, other than it was an epic weekend. Got to finally meet my buddy Paul from Rival Racing, a fellow time attack driver. It was an absolutely amazing experience and I can’t wait for you all to see it! Ben’s really going to help the community I think with this series.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
I've been a follower of G&G for a long time since the content is good and they don't take themselves too seriously, yet they're both good builders and phenomenal racers. They just have terrible ideas sometimes. The DSM/RX8 series has been entertaining, but I would've hoped that he didn't start with such a turd of a car in the first place. Even in the spirit of the series, I would've looked at that thing and run away, it's so bad and I think the average viewer will get a negative impression of the platform as a result. If it works for them though, I guess that's what's important.
 
I've been a follower of G&G for a long time since the content is good and they don't take themselves too seriously, yet they're both good builders and phenomenal racers. They just have terrible ideas sometimes. The DSM/RX8 series has been entertaining, but I would've hoped that he didn't start with such a turd of a car in the first place. Even in the spirit of the series, I would've looked at that thing and run away, it's so bad and I think the average viewer will get a negative impression of the platform as a result. If it works for them though, I guess that's what's important.
I was actually helping him trying to find a car for the series. This one was the least basket case-y of the ones we found in his budget. The rust holes were found later as he was going over it. It’ll get better.
 
A little peak at what’s next. I’m the one in the 4g63 sweat shirt. With rival racing on my right and Ken from Black Sheep tuning next to him. And obvs Ben. Really awesome experience to be a part of.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.


when the belt popped and you guys were replacing the head, your guy in red said everything I wanted to say about setting the timing belt. awesome to see you get some recognition
 
This was the most wholesomely entertaining thing I've watched on youtube .. ever?
No gimmicky crap, nicely done cinematics.. it reminded me of the early BBC Top Gear episodes before they went so obviously over the top to the point of "that couldn't happen unless it was seriously staged." (not harping on their new format, I still enjoy GT -- waiting for the next episode this month)
 
when the belt popped and you guys were replacing the head, your guy in red said everything I wanted to say about setting the timing belt. awesome to see you get some recognition
Ah….soooo I’m not in that video. The stuff I’m a part of comes later.

But I am really tight with Ken regardless
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
A good weekend at NJMP in 2021
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
And I liked it. Pulling an all nighter to replace that head was good. This weeks episode was fun to watch too.
 
I realy like the videos just kind of send the cars fix as they break on the road, thats what ive done get in drive it. Deal with with as it comes, bring cash, and aaa.
 
One thing that annoys me is that they're furthering, even by speaking the words, the misconception DSMs are unreliable and that the timing belt shredding and destroying the head furthers that notion when the reason why could have been prevented by a couple hours work and $40. They're unreliable because many of the owners are/were morons and didn't check things. He saw the timing belt was walking yet sent it anyway and then they made jokes about the unreliability.
He walked the comment back a bit by saying it was his fault for taking obvious action but in total talk time that was 10% admission, 90% blame on the platform.

I had my 1G for 12 years, the first 4 was spent learning and building the car. I had bad contacts in a PTU connector and blew a hole in an intercooler pipe. Those were the only broken bits. Even though the car was already pretty beat up here and there when I got it, it never failed to get me home and never saw a tow truck. Until, finally, a spring took a walk from the Fidanza 3.2 clutch disc hub.

Oh well, it's yelling at the moon at this point. There's relatively few left on the road anyway so an argument about their reliability is pretty moot. It's still an entertaining watch.
 
Last edited:
I think we all have better cars than they started out with, what a BEATER! ROFL
 
One thing that annoys me is that they're furthering, even by speaking the words, the misconception DSMs are unreliable and that the timing belt shredding and destroying the head furthers that notion when the reason why could have been prevented by a couple hours work and $40. They're unreliable because many of the owners are/were morons and didn't check things. He saw the timing belt was walking yet sent it anyway and then they made jokes about the unreliability.
He walked the comment back a bit by saying it was his fault for taking obvious action but in total talk time that was 10% admission, 90% blame on the platform.

I had my 1G for 12 years, the first 4 was spent learning and building the car. I had bad contacts in a PTU connector and blew a hole in an intercooler pipe. Those were the only broken bits. Even though the car was already pretty beat up here and there when I got it, it never failed to get me home and never saw a tow truck. Until, finally, a spring took a walk from the Fidanza 3.2 clutch disc hub.

Oh well, it's yelling at the moon at this point. There's relatively few left on the road anyway so an argument about their reliability is pretty moot. It's still an entertaining watch.
To be fair….he really does love the chassis. I think everyone’s going to really like what’s next.
 
One thing that annoys me is that they're furthering, even by speaking the words, the misconception DSMs are unreliable and that the timing belt shredding and destroying the head furthers that notion when the reason why could have been prevented by a couple hours work and $40. They're unreliable because many of the owners are/were morons and didn't check things. He saw the timing belt was walking yet sent it anyway and then they made jokes about the unreliability.
He walked the comment back a bit by saying it was his fault for taking obvious action but in total talk time that was 10% admission, 90% blame on the platform.

I had my 1G for 12 years, the first 4 was spent learning and building the car. I had bad contacts in a PTU connector and blew a hole in an intercooler pipe. Those were the only broken bits. Even though the car was already pretty beat up here and there when I got it, it never failed to get me home and never saw a tow truck. Until, finally, a spring took a walk from the Fidanza 3.2 clutch disc hub.

Oh well, it's yelling at the moon at this point. There's relatively few left on the road anyway so an argument about their reliability is pretty moot. It's still an entertaining watch.


Good to know nothing has changed.

Ben apologists aside, I really don't like the dude. If he really just looooooves the platform so much, he has a funny way of showing it by doing literally EVERYTHING he can in the video to disparage, discourage, and degrade the platform. He's got a funny way of showing his apparent love for DSMs.


Won't be watching it. He's painfully unfunny, and his accent is downright annoying. If he treated the DSM well and didn't do EVERYTHING he could to make fun of them for youtube views and internet e-peen points I might be able to overlook it, but eh. Here we are. I'd rather watch MightyCarMods or literally anything else.


Hell, I find myself liking HumbleMechanic and Deutsche Auto Parts way more, and I have a passionate hatred for german vehicles.

If Ben actually does just love DSMs soooooo much, he needs to start changing his attitude and trying harder on camera to SHOW he enjoys them. Maybe start by actually trying to make a few positive comments and stop bashing the platform at EVERY SINGLE TURN?
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top