The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

my quest for the STOCK 6 bolt block RECORD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodsm007

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2007
simi valley, California
whats up guys so i currently have a completely stock block with arp headstuds. I wanting to know what the ACTUALLY whp record is for STOCK 6 bolt longblock. I have a build motor wainting for me so i figured "lets have some fun". my gst currently made 477whp and 424ftlb at 30psi on a SBR g60. I looking to go for the stock block record. heres a vid at MOD 2013.

Old set up
th_477hp_zps6642e470.jpg

ok so heres the break down

STOCK 6 bolt longblock With BS
ARP headstuds
stock HG

aftermarket
-SMIM (new set up)
-Delta 274's drop in cams
-HX40 billet 7 blade bep t3 (new set up)
-DNP t3 manifold
-tial 44mm WG
-DEJON shortroute FMIC
-Bluemax 1450's
-Aeromotive FPR
-AEM 320fp rewired
-e85

would this be worthy of trying to take over the STOCK block record? lmk your input is much appreciated

heres some pics of my GST
IMG_0929_zpsa4f9f840.jpg

IMG_0928_zps1408006c.jpg

null_zpsa0a7826c.png

null_zpsb60c73c7.png

null_zpsb2094cd9.png

null_zps6a7e6edc.png

null_zpsefb0ba8c.png

null_zps891d5c5c.png

null_zpsfc1bf35b.jpg

null_zpsf455a776.jpg

Looks good im looking to get a bigger turbo and more fuel to run 2 e 85 on my stock block, keep us posted im looking to at least get 450 friend of mine just made 427hp on his stock blocks with e 85 and 30 psi.

here what i currently got going on. I i wanted to be able to use the full potential of my hx40 so i decided to use the stock 18cm housing. like most dsmer's, im on a budget due to having 3 beautiful kids and amazing wife. anyways im just going to use the current DNP manifold that i currently have, i went ahead and gasket match both runners and knife edged the center for proper exhaust flow. here are some current pics.

holset1_zps20cf5042.jpg

holset3_zps27fb75c3.jpg

holset6_zps08eee578.jpg

holset4_zps75ca9a22.jpg

holset5_zps71992c90.jpg

holset8_zps81d35f7a.jpg

holset7_zpsf196903e.jpg

holset9_zps1dda9c98.jpg

holset10_zps13737794.jpg

Ostar holds the record i believe. Low 9s so unless your talon dave, good luck on the hx40 getting you there.

Also I'm not sure why you would knife edge the divided if you are using a true divided manifold... If it's truly separated doing a knife edge does absolutely nothing but potentially cause turbulence between both sides in that area or possible leakage into the other scroll. They are flat For a reason. To make a complete seal. However if your dnp is open scroll. And your using a divided housing. Then this would be a good idea.

Ostar holds the record i believe. Low 9s so unless your talon dave, good luck on the hx40 getting you there.

Also I'm not sure why you would knife edge the divided if you are using a true divided manifold... If it's truly separated doing a knife edge does absolutely nothing but potentially cause turbulence between both sides in that area or possible leakage into the other scroll. They are flat For a reason. To make a complete seal. However if your dnp is open scroll. And your using a divided housing. Then this would be a good idea.

Well I'm not doing this for the track my friend ... I doing this for the most whp made on a stock 6 bolt.. Also I knife edged the divided section cause I'm NOT useing a divided manifold .. Simply using my open t3 dnp .. Hence why I knife edged that section...

If you think you can tune good enough to make over 750whp without blowing it then go for it. Its a tough record to break.

You've got about 300whp to go. The HX40 is not going to get it done either. Good luck. You'll also need to be pulling trap speeds in the mid 150s to back it up, inertia dynos are prone to exaggeration.

humm 750? can you show me that thread ? i couldn't find anything on it...who made 750 on a stock 6 bolt longblock?

Ostar Motorsports made 749awhp, more impressive was they made 577awtq. They backed it up by running 9.28 @ 154mph.

I'm on a phone so you may have to search for it. Was just talking about this and Mike Rizzotti's car earlier tonight..

Out of curiosity, how much did you think the record was? LOL

ah i c ok so stock bottom end ....:D well im going for it anyways...just got to change a few plans FML ....

I too was going to go for the stock block record... but then Ostar Motorsports knock it so far out of the park that I crawled my sorry ass back into the stands and got me a German sausage and a beer and now join the ranks as just another spectator. LOL

Haha ... Ya I figure I give it a shot .. I got a build motor sitting on a stand waiting for me to put in .. Mind as well have a little fun with the stock block ...

Not ONLY did Ostar do 749.....they did it in awd configuration. I say you don't stand a chance....sorry man.

Lol wow all this negative responses.. Hey at least I can say I tryed man that's all that really matters to me;-)

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."

Michael Jordan

The fact is the Ostar record will likely stand forever, it's just so amazing.. And it's backed up by the track dyno.

turbodsm007: go for it. Don't let a handful of negative internet comments derail you.

Michael Jordan was a great player but he's third on the all-time scoring list. ;)

The pics attached to my profile are not current. They were taken in 2011. Much has changed since then and the car is running, dyno time is imminent now that the shootout is over. There are more recent shots scattered around here and on link forums.

That turbo/manifold changed hands a few times, when I got it there were ebay knockoff 38mm gates on it. When did you sell it? I got that first hx52 in a straight trade on link forums for my borg s200sx and a few turbine housings. It didn't fit, runners hit the head and the hotside hit the front balance shaft hump. Sold again locally.

While we're on the topic, that borg turbo in the big t4 housing moved 67lbs/min @ 38psi on my 1g rod/piston motor. Accel vs. Weight backs up airflow, putting power in the 650whp range. Same motor this current HX52 Pro is on, but better IC, more cam, more water injection, E85 primary fuel etc.. Not stock block worthy because it has ARP fasteners all around, grooved ACL bearings, rods were REM treated, etc. Head is all kiggly hardware and GSC cams.

ok time to update this ...well today i finally got the car retuned with my new set up .....here is the new breakdown

STOCK 6 bolt longblock
Map h11 headstuds
felpro composite hg
supertech dual valvesprings
FP5r's
Aem 320
inline 255
PTE 6766 JB
tial bov
RCI 2200cc injectors
FWD to AWD conversion @rr06rs

e85 tuned by beau brown @bbrtuning at 35 psi car made 552 uncorrected and 638awhp corrected on a dyno dynamics @ktmotoring

Last edited:
thanks man , still got a ways to go.....but so far so good ....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back