The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

My 6 bolt swap on my 99GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude this cars amazing. I love the green and the cf hood. I cant stop come back to it and looking

thanks!! yeah man i know, i stare at it out the window all the time LOL. i'm really pissed i haven't driven it in over a month cause i cant get this bucking under control. SD is a bit complicated for me but im sure ill figure it out, just need help. The car is currently 100% mechanically sound which is good!

things that still piss me off:
I had the stealership replace my ignition locks and now the key intermittently beeps on and off when i leave the key in and have the door open.

wheels need repaint

need to throw on my stop tech rotors and hawk pads

need to put on the koyo radiator

need to be a dsmlink genius cause i need to up my boost and am dsmlink crippled.. :(

ill post vids once tuned for 28+ psi, and then after i get methinol. Someday i will post videos at 32+psi and hopefully shooting for 500AWHP on the dyno when ever i get around to it. As of now I'm on wastegate pressure its pretty quick, scared the shit out of me for a few days then i wanted to up boost LOL; well it was before i installed my AFPR but now my tunes effed up.

if i find someone willing to trade another DBB turbo, maybe a DSM86HTA or a FP 3082 HTA or FP 3065 or even maybe a 6262 i will trade you my 6152 plus some cash (nothing unreasonable though) i know what my turbo is worth. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thought id add a few new pictures.

Attachments

• photo 4-4.jpg
    photo 4-4.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,487
  • photo 3-11.jpg
    photo 3-11.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 94
  • photo 5-1.jpg
    photo 5-1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 92
well i thought id update cause i havent for a while. i picked up a Holset HX40PRO with the billet 7 blade compressor from a very reliable source on here, and im stoked to get that bolted up. Got some nice -12AN drain lines for it and ill be going BEP housing. On a seperate note, i was rolling on the throttle in 3rd gear to do a pull and BANG my trans blows no more 3rd or 4th gear. I'm guesing it's the shift fork for 3rd and 4th as the shifter itself feels like neutral where 3rd and 4th used to be. So off to sheptrans for them to check out the damage, and get me rockin on a stage 3 rebuild with 4 spyder center diff, evo3 1st gear, double synchro 1-4th and all those goodies that come in the stage 3 rebuild. i was debating getting the 10% taller Evo3 5th gear for gas savings; But thats $200 dollars i dont care to spend right now. so i have a 3 week turn around for the trans. so that gives me time to clean up the engine bay. swap out my solid 6 puck clutch for a sprung 6 puck, and mock up the Holset badness!

Last edited by a moderator:
another update:

i got my shep trans stage 3 with EVOIII 1st gear on the way being delivered. the HX40 is all bolted up! and im ready to see what kind of oil pressure is goin to this turbo! new sealed oil pan, new strut tower bar, new valve cover gasket and valve cover, PVC delete and vented VC on both ports, new sprung 6 puck clutch disk, new oil, and trans fluid :) . i cant wait to get tuning with this beast! i have a write up comming up after my transmission is installed and i see how things perform, but it will cover oil feed, drain, clocking of the turbo, and what is needed to make the smoothest transition from the turbo to the oil pan, while trying to keep as close to holset specs as possible. stay tuned!!

pix shortly!

Very jealous of your EVO 1st gear....mine doesnt have one LOL.

Love the car bro

someone told me the evo III 1st is goot for 60 mph, but i dont know if i believe that, definitly supposed to be killer on the launches!! im actually curious for those that have evo3 1st what is your top MPH you get at what rpm? maybe ill start a thread.

confirmed a 5 to 7 mph increase with the evo3 1st gear by trevor at shep trans. Now all i have to do is wait like 500 miles before i do launches and boost it hard :) give her a little break in before i rape it with the HX40! Magnus head studs are on my list to hold the boost around 40psi in the HX40s efficiency range! my end goal is a 9.99! when i hit the track i hope to see something around a 10.9 a S&W cage is also on my list maybe an 8 point to start and if i need to add to it i can.

i forgot to add, that my center diff was blown to bits along with the 3rd 4th sleeve that was the cause of the tranny failure, and because i wasnt expecting to have to buy FOUR new spider gears, the tranny build had to be dummed down a bit, i got a standard stage 3 and the only upgrade i did for it was the evo3 1st, had to skip out on the double synchro 3-4th and no evo 3 5th.

The stock 1st gear will limit you at 8000RPM to 39.64 MPH
The EvoIII 1st gear will limit you at 8000RPM to 44.44 MPH
This information is off of Jack transmissions webside.

I haven't yet looked at my MPH to test it though.

The stock 1st gear will limit you at 8000RPM to 39.64 MPH
The EvoIII 1st gear will limit you at 8000RPM to 44.44 MPH
This information is off of Jack transmissions webside.

I haven't yet looked at my MPH to test it though.

excellent! so just about what trevor told me :) im really excited for friday!

Nice man, and you should be! That trans is awesome, you will love it after 1k miles or so. It's a bit notchy at first.

ive been hearing that alot lately "notchy" meaning it sometimes wont pop into the next gear? or it will be harder? they told me to run through every gear often so basically alot of city driving LOL

Yea exactly, like with mine I found it very hard to get into 1st gear, but after the gears wear themselves down they will be nice.

My first transmission oil change after like 100miles was crazy. It has so many small sand size metal flakes from the gears wearing down. So don't freak out if the oil is really really dirty the first couple changes.

Yea exactly, like with mine I found it very hard to get into 1st gear, but after the gears wear themselves down they will be nice.

My first transmission oil change after like 100miles was crazy. It has so many small sand size metal flakes from the gears wearing down. So don't freak out if the oil is really really dirty the first couple changes.

are you changing that oil just like you would with an engine break in? i hadent even thought about changing the fluid in the trans OFTEN.. after its all broken in would you do a tranny oil change like once every other oil change? or does it come with instructions LOL

what a waste of redline fluids, for a 100 mile change :(

I know it does seem like a waste but after a couple changes of that oil it will be good. No instrustions, I just changed it out after 100miles and then again around 300-500 miles and then like 100-200 miles after the second change I checked the fluid to see if it was dirty again and it was clear and looked great so I left it for another few hundred miles then changed it again, and haven't done it since, at 3800miles now. So here in another few thousand miles I will change it again just for fun. That sounds like a lot but it was worth it to me to know that the fluid was clean.

I would say that after you put a couple thousand miles on it you will be ok to change the fluid out every 10K-30K miles what ever you prefer.

I know it does seem like a waste but after a couple changes of that oil it will be good. No instrustions, I just changed it out after 100miles and then again around 300-500 miles and then like 100-200 miles after the second change I checked the fluid to see if it was dirty again and it was clear and looked great so I left it for another few hundred miles then changed it again, and haven't done it since, at 3800miles now. So here in another few thousand miles I will change it again just for fun. That sounds like a lot but it was worth it to me to know that the fluid was clean.

I would say that after you put a couple thousand miles on it you will be ok to change the fluid out every 10K-30K miles what ever you prefer.

your my new best friend matt. i feel you on needing clean oil, im OCD about it also, i change my engine oil every 750 miles! :)

:) Every 750miles? Now that is some clean oil, I bet your motor loves it.

used to be every 500, but i thought id bump it to 750 it was still looking clean. yeah i told you i was OCD LOL. new valvoline 20W50 and new napa or FIX filter every change as well. now i gotta add the trans to the list:ohdamn: LOL its probably getting that time to replace the rear diff's heavy weight shockproof also thats about 5500 miles old LOL i changed EVERYTHING when the new motor was put in. so looks like im up for a round of fluids! i might try brad penn though.. english is cheaper then napa LOL:hmm:

Edit: did you clean the removeable transmission filter? i dont even know where the heck that is.

hey this is an awesome build i'll trade you my 2003 mustang gt LOL 61000 miles 5 speed :D ?? woops didnt mean the title

Last edited:
hey this is an awesome build i'll trade you my 2003 mustang gt LOL 61000 miles 5 speed :D ?? woops didnt mean the title

I don't want no stinkin mustang! i will part with it for 50,000, so it will fund my next 900HP TSI AWD build. Maybe at that kinda cheddar i could afford a 2.3 methanol Magnus drag crate motor a Shep dog box, and an FP4205 HTA LOLz :cool:

*i will NEVER sell or get rid of this GSX* *knocks on wood* but thanks for your interest :thumb:

hahaha ok 50 grand! LOL and yea man sweeeet car. i have a 92 tsi

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back