The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

My 6 bolt swap on my 99GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O yea thats cool man! Just put a fresh 14b on mine. It's my winter car :) need to fix a broken stud on my manifold though so I dont have boost leak and fix my brakes so I can brake boost :D

Haha yea but without dsmlink I can't launch without it LOL.

updated pix got the car up n runnin!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344833913.606884.jpg

here is the new setup
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344833936.224431.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344833953.350214.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344833965.455970.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344833981.066295.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i think he got it a little worse then i did, but his fault so.. dunno what to say about that... but then again i havent even had my car looked at yet by a shop. so far dealer parts unpainted alone are looking like $1118 and to have those parts painted and installed and to fix the damage to the headlight housing... another 2 grand which for the paint and install is a ROUGH estamate. good thing my car KBB for 6500 or else i think id be pretty close to the damn insurance calling this thing totalled... paint is expensive :(

How do people not hear a dsm comming :idontknow:

My stage 2 Shep came with instructions to change the trans oil every 3k miles with your engine oil, but in reading that would be every 4th oil change for you. However, I could certainly be wrong, wouldn't be the first time :)

My stage 2 Shep came with instructions to change the trans oil every 3k miles with your engine oil, but in reading that would be every 4th oil change for you. However, I could certainly be wrong, wouldn't be the first time :)

your correct, the instructions i got said change it after 400 miles then 1000 then every 3k. matt is just meticulas with his trans fluid like i am with my oil, ill most likely change it out after 400 then 1000 like shep says.

Oh snap, good info I am probably due for another transmision oil change then. I am close to the 3kmiles on this current oil.

so i was driving around doin test and tune in my town, and when i pull into my driveway and back into my spot, i noticed clear fluid dripping down.. alot... i almost had a heart attack because guess what the first thing i thought it was #### MY TRANSMISSION!!!! i thought that my axels were leaking, i had made a dumb mistake and started to fill the transmission before puttin the axels in LOL :ohdamn: ANYWAY i thought after that was taken care of that something in my trans has popped open and it was leaking everywhere so i freaked out!!!! pulled forword onto the grass so i wouldent leak fluid on the assphault, and THANK GOD it was coolent. GREEN FLUID in a puddle :D yay!!!! its one of the FIAV coolent lines, the little hose clamp kinda ate through it. im so relieved it was something so small LOL

Edit: the good news to all that is i properly calibrated my WB and saw PPPEERRRFFEECCCTTT AIR Fuel ratios on my 3rd gear pull.. perfect 11's :) trying to upp timing so im not hitting negative 3, seems everytime i adjust something i get little spikes of knock.

i LOVE this shep trans though. shifts AWESOME!!!! i cant wait to launch :sneaky:

All of your attachments are coming up and saying "invalid attachment"

Looking at the pics of your engine bay I saw that you t-ed into your BOV signal line. I'm guessing that the hose coming off of it goes to your boost guage? I've seen it posted on here before that it's not a good idea to tie into your BOV signal line. Something about possibly retarding the BOV's responsiveness because the charge that goes to your BOV form the intake man. now has more area that it has to cover. I really have no experiance with it to know yes or no, just thought I'd throw it out there, you may want to do a little searching on that just to be safe. Otherwise, props man it looks really nice. Makes me want to throw down even more money on mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of your attachments are coming up and saying "invalid attachment"

Looking at the pics of your engine bay I saw that you t-ed into your BOV signal line. I'm guessing that the hose coming off of it goes to your boost guage? I've seen it posted on here before that it's not a good idea to tie into your BOV signal line. Something about possibly retarding the BOV's responsiveness because the charge that goes to your BOV form the intake man. now has more area that it has to cover. I really have no experiance with it to know yes or no, just thought I'd throw it out there, you may want to do a little searching on that just to be safe. Otherwise, props man it looks really nice. Makes me want to throw down even more money on mine.

that was the old setup i did T into the BOV port for my boost gauge, now my BOV is running off the PCV port with my PCV deleted, and the boost gauge is tapped into the intake manifold where the BOV used to be, every vac line has a dedicated port to the Intake manifold or turbo compressor cover. plus, there is nothing wrong with tapping in a gauge to your bov line, the pressure differential is so small it doesnt make a difference and the only affect it WOULD have is that maybe your gauge wouldn't be as accurate. you dont want to tap into your FUEL PRESSURE Solinoid! that can affect your whole cars base Fuel pressure. none the less, like i said now everything has its own dedicated line. ill try and fix those pix, i was trying to upload from tappatalk.

I got ya, I didn't mean it to sound like I was questioning your abillites or anything, just something that I thought I remembered reading.

I think Kyle meant "fuel pressure regulator", not "fuel pressure solenoid"?

uhhh ya, LOL well both, the regulator in a stock setup has a vac line to the solenoid. i eliminated mine also, but thats cause i have an Aeromotive A1000. Tapping into a line that has anything to do with fuel is usually a bad idea for something non fuel related.

uhhh ya, LOL well both, the regulator in a stock setup has a vac line to the solenoid. i eliminated mine also, but thats cause i have an Aeromotive A1000. Tapping into a line that has anything to do with fuel is usually a bad idea for something non fuel related.

Oh ok, my bad not sure what I was thinkin. LOL Man wish we didn't live so far from the shootout. Sound like next year you will be close to it though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back