The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

97 GSX: 2.3 Stroker with a T4 FF TS HTA3076

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agreed

F it I'll wait a few months to be able to trash the shit out of the turbo and still not have to pay a $1000 rebuild tag IF something ever went wrong LOL, shit it's winter whos REALLY out in the snow and all that. (Screw you all that live in the south)

Awesome build too, once again once they can get it im sure it wont be that long to have it to customers.

So when will this be hitting the track?

And how fast do you expect your 3076HTA to spool with the ts t4?

The car will hit PIR this spring as mentioned. Feel free to look at the attached Dyno graph from a few posts ago, and make a judgment on spool for yourself, the lower graph is boost.

^Haha thanks Mike!

Rafe let me borrow your car :pray:, its too cold and wet to drive in Oregon right now, Texas will treat it good :p
Seriously though, this build is aweome. You put a lot of hardwork and these numbers are just the beginning :thumb:

Rafe let me borrow your car :pray:, its too cold and wet to drive in Oregon right now, Texas will treat it good :p
Seriously though, this build is aweome. You put a lot of hardwork and these numbers are just the beginning :thumb:

I bet you would treat her good... :DROFL Im not so sure my wife would mind either! My red headed mistress and my red headed wife do not get along... :nono:

Thank you for the compliment! Honestly you would drive up, see her in person and laugh at me, she sat for so long the hood baked and needs recleared and the front bumper saw one too many winters in Montana. I gotta do some major body and paint stuffs to her before anyone would really take her!

More to come!

Ill do that, let me log it this afternoon on my way to the office and Ill see what we can do. Id definitely like to get some feedback!

What all would you like to see logged? Ill try my best to put everything on there you would like to see. I haven't done much in terms of logging and posting, but I have messed with ECMLink a bit here and there. A full speed third gear pull is gunna be pretty tough to obtain but Ill do my best.

Were you ever able to get a log? I'm curious to know what kind of airflow you're seeing. Just need to see rpm, timing, map, wideband, speed, and airflow ideally. I'm also wondering if you're not able to gain more power with more boost because of a turbine restriction.

There's been a lot of discussion on the EVO forums that even on the standard 3076, the turbine wheel is a bit small for the compressor (not much bigger than a TD05H). Going to a higher flowing HTA/GTX wheel is only going to exacerbate the problem. A few people have posted results going to the 3576 (35r turbine, which is bigger than a TD06H). and seeing the same spool with more power through the whole range. On a stroker, it seems like an HTA3576 would be ideal for your setup. Also, consider that on the FP HTA Red, they use a clipped TD06H wheel.

IX gt3076r maxed out? - evolutionm.net

GTX SHOWDOWN: GTX3076r vs GTX3576r - evolutionm.net

Lets discuss the GTX3576r and FP3576HTA - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Were you ever able to get a log? I'm curious to know what kind of airflow you're seeing. Just need to see rpm, timing, map, wideband, speed, and airflow ideally. I'm also wondering if you're not able to gain more power with more boost because of a turbine restriction.

There's been a lot of discussion on the EVO forums that even on the standard 3076, the turbine wheel is a bit small for the compressor (not much bigger than a TD05H). Going to a higher flowing HTA/GTX wheel is only going to exacerbate the problem. A few people have posted results going to the 3576 (35r turbine, which is bigger than a TD06H). and seeing the same spool with more power through the whole range. On a stroker, it seems like an HTA3576 would be ideal for your setup. Also, consider that on the FP HTA Red, they use a clipped TD06H wheel.

IX gt3076r maxed out? - evolutionm.net

GTX SHOWDOWN: GTX3076r vs GTX3576r - evolutionm.net

Lets discuss the GTX3576r and FP3576HTA - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

So far all of my logs have shown me spinning as soon as I try to hit full boost. Ill try and do some logs friday and post them up if the weather is decent. I understand what you are saying on the turbine being too small on a stroker, however, Buschur was able to put down 600 awhp with a 2.3L Evo 8 on a smaller undivided turbine housing on a HTA3076 so I am assuming that in my case this is not the issue.

I do know it was spinning on the dyno so the numbers are slightly skewed as it is and there is also some concern that the cams that I purchased on the 'for sale' forums may not have been as advertised. No one can deny or confirm what went into the head when it was put together so until I pop the cover and look / replace them with new cams, we wont be able say. Sure would be crazy to find out I have stock cams in there... :confused::hmm:

I would also like to explore the hta3576 sometime in the distant future but by then we will have turbos who instantly spool up so it wont matter! ROFL

^This all sounds extremely prick-ish as I read it over again and I swear the intent is only to provide details and info on the discussion, thanks for posting up Steve93Talon. Your thoughts do not fall on deaf ears, its just a matter of getting the current modlist under control and finding the time/funds to move on to some different parts to experiment.

*Enclosed is a taste of one of my 'spinning' logs... just a snipet for you, lmk what you think.

Attachments

• log.2013.12.09-01 Partial Log.elg
    16.6 KB · Views: 78
Im still doing maintenance other than my rebuilt engine now its suspension, and driveshaft bearings both, and tie rods I saw it coming so lots still to do, but im excited its coming along.

Im still doing maintenance other than my rebuilt engine now its suspension, and driveshaft bearings both, and tie rods I saw it coming so lots still to do, but im excited its coming along.

Stay with it! I suspect I may be doing some of that in the near future as well...

On break from the car, have a rather large business proposal to present in a couple weeks so all focus is on that. Ill report back as soon as I dive into it more, stay tuned guys!

Great build, always great to see another pdx local on a Forum, we should meet up some time.

Know of any cheap fenders?

^^ Thanks man, it will not be abandon, I will be back with more as soon as I get through this next couple months of hell with the business proposal and hopefully starting the transition into the desk I hope it brings.

^There is a 2g in the yard at Foster and 120th, I bet you could get those cheap, Im not 100% sure what shape they are in but it might be worth a look! Im down to hang out and shoot the shit, let me know when and Ill get a couple of the guys I know together at the same time!

Hey man. Just thought I'd let you know FP ISNT going to be producing/releasing the billet chra. They canceled it i definantlh. :( looks like i gotta go GT cartrage :( booooooo well enjoy your billet turbo there probably won't be another.

^Damn really? That sucks to hear! I was looking forward to seeing another one on your project! Bummer deal! I guess I better find out if they will support rebuilds still!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back