The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1997 gsx stroker 2.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesnaiska23

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2011
taunton, Massachusetts
To start off i have a 1997 gsx with a full 6 bolt swap block and head. engine is stroked out to a 2.3.My main goal is to hit 400hp range. I already have many parts already done. I would like you guys opinions of what i have so far and also what other parts you guys would suggest
mods that i have currently-
-2.3 6 bolt stroker motor
-new not (remanufactured) 4g64 crankshaft
-Eagle H-beam forged rods
-wiseco pistons(8.8:1compression)
-Clevite Rod and Main Bearings
-Arp Head Studs
-Arp Rod Bolts
-Hesspower Ported 1g Head(REbuilt with 3-ange valve job)
Apexi Dual Chamber BOV
-Reinforced 3 ply couplers T-bolt clamps on all pressurized areas
-1G intake manifold
-1G throttle body
-Evo 3 exhaust manifold
-big 16g turbo
-front mount intercooler
some things i want to get are
*bigger injectors(what size do you guys suggest)
*walbaro fuel pump(255)
*adj. cam gears
*hks 272 cams
*stronger timing belt
let me know what you guys think and suggest. thanks
:hmm:

I would go with 20g setup on your stroker. The TD05H 20g will spool as quick as the 16g, but push more airflow. Personally I would go with a t3 20g/TD06 turbine, great combo with the 2.3

Im suscribeing to this, I havnt really found anyone with a build similar to mine, im running a 2.1 but its a destroker mated with a s362 with 272s. So i deffinatly cant wait to see how this things turns out, but I also agree, you should be running a little bigger turbo

The BOV is that gonna be recir? because i dont know how apexi works but dual chamber sounds like atmospheric dump and i dont see either a gm maf or speed density tuning devises. Sorry if im wrong

i am probably going to get a turbo upgrade real soon in the future.
i plan on using dsmlink v3 for tuning

i am thinking about getting a Holset hx40 for turbo upgrade. what do you guys think?:hmm:

Holsets are great turbo with great spool, hella cheap, and a pretty simple install. You will have a blast on a HX40 and will probably never need to upgrade. Any more new on this, im ready to see how she runs

should i go with 280/280 cams or 272/272. im leaning more towards 280's.

Don't forget your AFPR if you will be running a 255lph pump. Injectors depend on the power/fuel you want to run. If you want the option of E85 then FIC 1050cc would be great....at least on a 2.0.

just ordered 280/280 cams,fidanza adjustable cams,and hks timing belt so the head is about to be fully done. i am probably going to go with a 20g turbo unless i can find a hx40 for a real good price. i am going to upload some pics soon also

for an update ive decided its time to stop playing games
i just got turbo setup, SS manifold/38mm waste gate/hx35 (brand-new)/4"down pipe-3"with feed line and return. i still have to install my fpr but i currently have 750cc injectors but i plan on upgrading fuel rail and also getting bigger injectors somewhere in 1300cc range.
the only question i got is what would be the best intake manifold? i want something big that can flow a shitload of air

Subscribing ! Close to the same I'm doing as soon as I can find a GSX to buy -___- when you start looking at intake manifold I would recommend getting a bigger throttle body and look into port matching the mani to thr engine. It won't make huge gains, but ever little bit helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back