The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

95 GSX 2.3 stroker street build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A single Walbro 450 in-tank might make it to 700 but .... I doubt it.
Keltalon needed a boost-a-pump putting 17.5 volts onto his Walbro 450, in order to make 700 hp and that was front wheel drive (GST).
Then he had trouble with that setup and ditched it.

Is the idea that you want a fuel system that will support a turbo bigger than the HX-40?

Last edited:
I will go with two fuel pumps then. My fuel rail is -10 an should i run -10 as feed and -8 as return

I would probably do whichever is easier really. Because you don't need 10AN on the feed, but I don't see anything wrong with putting 10AN in if it's easier, or just as easy. I would think that 8AN would be easier though. Easier to run, because it is smaller.
8AN for the return is nice and is plenty big. Fuel pump arrangements of this size, there are so many choices, none of them are 100% ideal in every way, there's's going to be a little pro and con with any pumps you choose. If you choose to go a little overboard with the pumps, the 8AN would still be plenty to handle the return flow, which could be a lot when the car is just sitting there running at idle (at low rail pressure).

People have done quite a lot with 6AN on both feed and return lines. So with 8AN on both, you would be what I would call "nicely robust" in that area.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back