The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

97 GSX: 2.3 Stroker with a T4 FF TS HTA3076

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good, I'm glad to hear it! I will be on e85.

^its all good, I appreciate and respect you greatly for the support First, and I'm sure English does as well. Lucas and everyone at English racing has always treated me with the utmost respect and have always produced great results as far as I am concerned. They tune some of the fastest machines around, period! Just look at the ETS gt-rs and Jeff bush's 1g, freaking amazing!

I understand that urban had a different experience with them and I don't mind him giving his experiences. I hope he did get his setup to +650 whp on c16, that would be a fun ride. Could you tell me by chance, does that put him as one of the highest whp cars with the hx40? I'd love to see a dyno graph for a comparo. That's some great work for a 35r sized turbo. But I guess, hell, look at what talondave is doing! That is potent!

He could be right, I might come back with high 3xx whp, but I would suspect that won't be the case unless something gives. They already tuned me to ~400 whp and ~400 ft lbs, I know this setup is far more capable than my evo 3 in terms of flow, so it should be fun to watch.

I invited everyone in to throw out some numbers, thank you to everyone that has, I'm in it for the journey more than for the end result. If I know one thing it's that there is ALWAYS someone faster, I just want to give them some competition :p

Urban hasnt put down 650+ he is just claiming the numbers without any proof....but I believe the hx40 record stands at 685awhp. And no disrespect to urban because the second he proves his numbers on a dyno ill be the first to congratulate him, but until then he needs to stop making all of these unsubstantiated claims.

Urban hasnt put down 650+ he is just claiming the numbers without any proof....but I believe the hx40 record stands at 685awhp. And no disrespect to urban because the second he proves his numbers on a dyno ill be the first to congratulate him, but until then he needs to stop making all of these unsubstantiated claims.

I ran 132 mph i think im somewhere around 600-650ish but no i havent been to a dyno yet. And my time at english was on pump gas and the bolt on housing. Track times speak more than dyno numbers. Talon dave hasnt been on dyno but i bet hes above 700hp

All ive ever said is my goal is a 9.9 and that isn't bench racing its a goal thats all it is.

I have much more room to grow. Heres the proof you say i lack smart ass.
Look at that shit ass of a 60ft

Post #97 on holset results thread and videos.

Op i didnt know you were on e85, youll have a good chance in that case, i thought you were on 92oct
3u8uvemu.jpg

And ya jerry was there, good guy he is. And that 11.1 was my first time using race gas. Street tires and 4 blown kyb agx.

I also never said lucas was a bad tuner, my experience was with aaron, and i personally wasnt too happy but thats just my experience. I agree english has some of the fastest cars and they do great things, they just want your engine build business before they feel confident in pushing things. And i didnt have them build mine.

E85 is one hell of a drug! Another set of guesses! Should be interesting! Keep them guesses coming guys!

Your car could easily see over 600hp at 30psi+. It's really going to come down to how conservative Lucas is on the boost and tune. Lucas has always been cautious when it comes to street cars or cars looking to go rounds at competitive events. Take my car for example: ER-built 10.5:1 SLR 2.2L, FP3065 (original cast wheel), FP exhaust manifold, Evo 3 intake manifold, E98 fuel, automatic, very loose 1G billet Precision converter, full exhaust (complete mod-list in profile). Lucas was able to pull out about 480awhp on the dyno at only 26psi. Based on the rough 18% HP loss that ER has seen with the autos, that would put my car at close to 590awhp at only 26psi on a baby-sized FP3065. That was good for a 9.93@136 pass on M&H DOT slicks at 26psi. The whole idea was to keep the headgasket happy and to be reliable enough to go rounds because I race at competitive events outside of test n tunes. We could have made a lot more power and coming next season will be more boost. I'll just keep some Felpro MLS gaskets handy. :D

Conservative 26psi: 570/510. On kill 34psi: 620/570.

^Great info Sony, ive watched your build quiet a bit through out and I must admit I could only hope I could be that fast one day!

^^Thanks for the guess man!

It would seem the numbers are all over the board, I will make an update this afternoon on the first post highlighting everyone who has guessed and what they guessed. It will be fun to see how close some of the numbers might be to the result! It has become apparent to me that peoples expectations / understandings of various components and how they may dictate the end result are very widespread. I will be interested in hearing what people think once we have the result. A good follow up discussion I think!

Not sure what time they will get it on the dyno. I would expect to have numbers sometime before the week is out if what I said before holds true.

She made 527 awhp and 442 tq at 26 psi, sorry no pics of graph right now. She hits full boost by 3500 rpm and full torque by 3800 rpm holding steady till 7700. I have her home now and will be doing a bit of modding in prep for a retune later. English feels that an electronic boost controller will open her up on top a little and are hoping to hit that 550 I wanted. As for cranking her to 40 psi and going for 600, I don't think Im going to try as I honestly dont care to hit it, I wont be running it on the street, and Id rather have it back in one piece and running like she is! She hits hard and maintains well all the way to 7700. Im content! Ill post pics of the graph up after the visit for the attempted 550! Thanks for looking guys!

She made 527 awhp and 442 tq at 26 psi, sorry no pics of graph right now. She hits full boost by 3500 rpm and full torque by 3800 rpm holding steady till 7700. I have her home now and will be doing a bit of modding in prep for a retune later. English feels that an electronic boost controller will open her up on top a little and are hoping to hit that 550 I wanted. As for cranking her to 40 psi and going for 600, I don't think Im going to try as I honestly dont care to hit it, I wont be running it on the street, and Id rather have it back in one piece and running like she is! She hits hard and maintains well all the way to 7700. Im content! Ill post pics of the graph up after the visit for the attempted 550! Thanks for looking guys!

Congrats!

Dope bro! Congrats on the numbers man!

Fantastic #'s guess you did not update your mods in your sig yet.

Good numbers, at 26psi i'm sure it will last a very long time.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I took her out and toyed with her a bit on Saturday and I gotta admit, its got an entirely different set of manors from the Evo 3. Its hit is still very pernounced but I think because it pulls for SO long in the powerband, it doesn't feel as aggressive. With that said though, it gets to 110 in the blink of an eye. The evo 3 would not have toched it in the slightest in this category, the car just flat out feels like it 'can get there now'. The way the motor acts is much more 'Ive got everything I need' and not 'give me more, give me more, GIVE ME MORE!'. (If that makes ANY sense what-so-ever).

^^In regard to your question, the electronic boost controller will definitely be the big ticket item to try and hit the 550. As for the other changes, for this setup, probably leave it as it sits. I am pretty content with the car and I have other things I want to do with my money now.

That being said, the way the car responded on the dyno, it would appear that this thing may be outta turbo already. An increase in boost from 26 to 30 didn't really change things so I figure why push the envelope. Im told it should be in its true efficiency at 32-34 psi so I suppose Im pretty close to the end.

IF (and thats a HUGE if) I were going to hunt for more power I think I would explore your thoughts on the clutch further as well as look at changing up the cams and potentially the intake manifold (I think the manifold might be dropping my tq down a bit for a minimal gain in whp over a stock or evo IM). All of this after cranking it to 40 psi of course! <---none of this comes from english its just my thoughts based on others input and my own thinking.

^^^Thanks! Figured I should wait to update the sig until I get a dyno sheet, no sense in changing it till I have proof right? HAHAHA, I will update it when i get a little time for sure!

I'm kinda surprised the turbo might be out of breath... Really makes me wonder where I'll end up and what I'll do next.
You thought about doing the boost via link with the IR solenoid?

Yeah thats exactly what I am going to use. It surprises me as well, I really thought that it might have more in it. Do me a favor and prove that she can get up further!

FWIW, I think your observations may have been 100% correct, I think they were looking at this as a longevity thing and it made more sense to have a clutch that was on the brink of slipping to better protect the drivetrain. But no one is saying that so I can't confirm. The graph doesn't really show it and I havent really felt it on the street but I suspect that would be the first thing to check in my case.

To sum it up though, Im not dis-satisfied with the result, as a matter of fact I am quiet happy. Running around at 26 psi and 525 whp is pretty damn good for me! Hopefully lower boost and reduced stress on the drivetrain will keep her together for a long time.

Yeah thats exactly what I am going to use. It surprises me as well, I really thought that it might have more in it. Do me a favor and prove that she can get up further!

What kind of airflow are you seeing? Post a log, it'll tell far more of the story. Your power is very nice for low boost, but there should be much more in it.

What kind of airflow are you seeing? Post a log, it'll tell far more of the story. Your power is very nice for low boost, but there should be much more in it.

Ill do that, let me log it this afternoon on my way to the office and Ill see what we can do. Id definitely like to get some feedback!

What all would you like to see logged? Ill try my best to put everything on there you would like to see. I haven't done much in terms of logging and posting, but I have messed with ECMLink a bit here and there. A full speed third gear pull is gunna be pretty tough to obtain but Ill do my best.

Well I'll see what I can do. Seeing your results and Spencers kinda makes me want to ditch the possibility of doing an exhaust housing swap or HTA upgrade to get more power out of my setup. I'm thinking if I decide that I really want more power I should just put my HX52 on or get a 3586HTA/GTX.

Well I'll see what I can do. Seeing your results and Spencers kinda makes me want to ditch the possibility of doing an exhaust housing swap or HTA upgrade to get more power out of my setup. I'm thinking if I decide that I really want more power I should just put my HX52 on or get a 3586HTA/GTX.

Seems like everyone has a hx52 layin around hahaha I'm keeping it as a possible end all. But i got the 3586 on the way and should be quite happy with it ;) the 3794 was just too expensive,
On back order and doesnt allow if i never wanted to do other things than straight line :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back