1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

97 GSX: 2.3 Stroker with a T4 FF TS HTA3076

Posted by rvaughn, Oct 9, 2013

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. rvaughn

rvaughn Proven Member

Joined Apr 29, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    I'd like to find a couple local autox events but it all depends on these mods being done.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Airsign89 likes this.
  2. We're on Boost

We're on Boost Proven Member

Joined Aug 25, 2007
    Seattle area, Washington
    @rvaughn
    Want to thank you for the advice about English Racing, back in 2014. They had my car for 10 months. Kind of hilarious, because Aaron had told me over the phone that with the engine ready to go, they would only need my car down there for a couple weeks. It would have really annoyed me if I hadn't already known this would probably happen.
    Basically here's how it went: They got an engine done for me in July of 2015. Then they came to my place in September of 2015 to pick the car up with the gigantic truck. They trucked the car back to me in July of 2016 - so it did bake outside a little too much that June/July.
    The car seems pretty good! It's definitely an experience I wouldn't have missed for anything.

4K  18

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    650 whp · 510 lb/ft · 1G DSM

2K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  3. rvaughn

rvaughn Proven Member

Joined Apr 29, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    @We're on Boost
    I was just wondering how your experience went! I am sorry to hear you ran into a similar problem but I am glad to hear you are satisfied with it overall! When I'm done with this round of mods half of the stuff that I had done there will be gone. I will be sad to see the FF stuff go but I am ready to give the car some personal TLC. If I could go back and do it again I would have made some different choices.

4. We're on Boost

Joined Aug 25, 2007
    Seattle area, Washington
    Are you going to change some things inside the engine? Or just external stuff?

4K  18

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

2K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. rvaughn

rvaughn Proven Member

Joined Apr 29, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    At the moment only external but that may change depending on how the car responds. There is some question as to what cams are in the head and the car went down hill in driveability the last three or four times I drove it. I have some concerns about the internals but I'm hoping I'm just being overly concerned.

6. rvaughn

rvaughn Proven Member

Joined Apr 29, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Got a start on the new setup last night. Going to have to do some thinking on the hood latch pins and how best to fit the rad under the upper support but I think it will be doable. Stay tuned!

Attached Files:

7. We're on Boost

Joined Aug 25, 2007
    Seattle area, Washington
    Well I hope the engine internals are OK.

That O2 housing you showed yesterday that looks a little like an FP cast O2 for the FP30, who made that? Is it an FP?

4K  18

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

2K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  8. rvaughn

rvaughn Proven Member

Joined Apr 29, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Yeah it's the 3" FP O2 housing. I'm probably over thinking it on the internals, just stressing over something I have no control over I suppose. It'll be what it is, I'll adjust as needed.

9. We're on Boost

Joined Aug 25, 2007
    Seattle area, Washington
    That's interesting about the O2 housing. I called FP just, well, back in November, to ask if they still had any of those, because I don't see them listed on their web site any more. They said at the time that they still have a few of them, and even fewer of the FP30 turbine housings.
    Anyway, it's something I kind of follow because there are times when I wish I didn't have an open dump from the wastegate. Just from the standpoint of .... police attraction LOL.

4K  18

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

2K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  10. rvaughn

rvaughn Proven Member

Joined Apr 29, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    I was surprised they had one when I called as well. The FP30 housing I bought used. I'll be interested to see how the single scroll housing performs compared to the 1.1 I had.

11. rvaughn

rvaughn Proven Member

Joined Apr 29, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
  12. rvaughn

rvaughn Proven Member

Joined Apr 29, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Gotta love some peoples kids man! I don't NEED to sell. I'm happy to entertain any offer but don't come swinging at 1/3 the price, I'm just gunna poke fun at ya!

upload_2019-8-20_15-2-18.png

13. CrackedDSM

CrackedDSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 17, 2009
    Oak Ridge, North Carolina
    ROFL You gotta post your reply. Too good.

Street Build 4K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
    rvaughn likes this.
  14. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Wow, I'd have either not even responded or flat out told him to choke on that offer. That's insulting as hell.

Street Build 190  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

286  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 836  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    rvaughn likes this.
  15. We're on Boost

Joined Aug 25, 2007
    Seattle area, Washington
    Wow what an idiot. Quite a contrast to the car people I've met around here, who are mostly pretty fantastic.

4K  18

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

2K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
    rvaughn likes this.
  16. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Everyone thinks they're Gordon Gekko, and that they'll haggle you down to $10 for a $10,000 item.

Street Build 3K  10

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    rvaughn likes this.