The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build 1G Build: Return of the DSMer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got the new ETS intercooler in. One big problem is the in/out pipes are too short for my piping and I had to have them elongated by 5 inches or so. I swear little problems just nickle and dime you to death....

DSC_0378.JPG
DSC_0381.JPG
DSC_0385.JPG
DSC_0428.JPG
DSC_0429.JPG
DSC_0430.JPG
DSC_0652.JPG

Ported the 18g and flattened the j-pipe outlet and o2 housing. Both surfaces needed significant grinding to get them flat. I thought that was interesting...I also added an FP exhaust manifold that I got in trade...

DSC_0477.JPG
DSC_0367.JPG
DSC_0368.JPG
DSC_0458.JPG
66.jpg
67.jpg

Last edited:
I degreased the transmission, hit it with 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of aluminum and 2 coats of clear and called it a day. It came out pretty well, although I can't stand cleaning dirty transmissions because you never get the stupid things clean with all those crevices.

DSC_0394.JPG
DSC_0395.JPG
DSC_0396.JPG
DSC_0397.JPG

Finally converted to speed density. Car came with gm maf and a whole rat's nest of wire for the slim fan relays and such. The speed density harness was ridiculously long (maybe an extra 2-3 feet of wiring). I cleaned all that up and relocated the battery back to the engine bay for convenience.

24.jpg
27.jpg
27.jpg
DSC_0476.JPG
DSC_0482.JPG

When I finally got the car started the first time around I put the wrong bolts for the oil pan in and they were digging into my timing belt. Lesson learned.

36.jpg
37.jpg

Last edited:
This coolant reservoir was literally laying about in the engine bay when I bought the car. I relocated it with double-sided 3M tape and it's pretty damn sturdy so far.

DSC_0503.JPG

I decided to replace all my wheel bearings when I finally got the car done. There was a grinding noise while driving and 3/4 four wheels had slop when pulling on the wheel. I got this cheap press from Harbor Freight and it got the job done. I keep finding stuff on the car to fix :(

DSC_0527 (1).JPG

Uh oh....decided I wanted to completely restore the chassis and start on replacing all bushings with polyurethane. This would prove to be a very intensive project. look at how bad the old bushings were. I also decided to put in an improved steering rack. The theme with this car is quality. I wanted the chassis to be completely restored with high quality components.

DSC_0533.JPG
DSC_0534.JPG
DSC_0535.JPG
DSC_0537.JPG
DSC_0538.JPG
DSC_0539.JPG
DSC_0540.JPG
DSC_0541.JPG
DSC_0545.JPG
DSC_0546.JPG
DSC_0556.JPG
DSC_0557.JPG
DSC_0558.JPG
DSC_0559.JPG

I see 2 tubular pieces...one front cross member with roll stop and what is the other? For rear diff?

Before I got back into DSMs I started racing r/c cars again. It worked well because I enjoy wrenching on stuff and at the time I didn't have a garage (small apartment). After a while it just couldn't compete to driving your own turbocharged AWD car.

IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG

After a while I realized that wouldn't have enough fuel to max out this 18g. I wound getting a great deal on some FIC hi-z 1100s and a Walbro 450 fuel pump. I almost completely rewired the sending unit with 10 gauge wire. I used a bulkhead to pass the wire through the sending unit. I also rewired the fuel pump with relay and thicker wire all the way to the battery.

DSC_0529.JPG
DSC_0531.JPG
DSC_0532.JPG
DSC_0533.JPG

99gst_racer (or something to that effect) manufactures similar products if I'm not mistaken. At least the front cross member. I was unsure if he made the rear diff mount.

Those look like nice products and some I would like!

Alright, almost completely caught up to current times! Last week I finished up My rearend. I coated all of my subframe in Rust Seal and installed new polyurethane bushings, new wheel bearings, adjustable camber arms, rear-toe eliminator inserts, 4-bolt rear and DSS aluminum driveshaft.
DSC_0534.JPG
DSC_0398.JPG
DSC_0600.JPG
DSC_0601.JPG
DSC_0602.JPG
DSC_0603.JPG
DSC_0604.JPG
DSC_0615.JPG
DSC_0645.JPG
DSC_0646.JPG
DSC_0647.JPG
DSC_0648.JPG
DSC_0650.JPG
DSC_0651.JPG
DSC_0652.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back