1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

The Buster (98 GSX)

Rating:
5/5,
Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Tyeler18

Tyeler18 Proven Member

Joined Dec 16, 2008
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    Wheels look awesome on there. I feel your pain on the advans though. Took me 3 years to find a full set of mint RG2's in a 18x9 +29 for my 2g and they were costly when I did. One of the best looking wheels for a 2g IMO though.

Drag Race Build 641  1

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

Road Race Build 666  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Autocross Build 893  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 1K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    manual · Galant VR-4
  2. CountryDSM

CountryDSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 13, 2012
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Well I got the front CTSV brakes on. This swap is extremely easy. All was good, my old 17x8 +35 cleared just fine! The bad news. My new 18x8.5 +35 did not clear at all, and I scratched some of the powdercoat off the calipers when I spun the wheel and it dug right in :banghead: . I did my math wrong I suppose.

This called for a 5mm spacer and extended lugs to make it work 2 days before the car show I attend every year. Not ideal, and I really don't like how hard they poke out, but for now I'll have to deal with it until I figure out a solution.

IMG_3672.jpg IMG_3674.jpg IMG_3680.jpg IMG_3687.jpg IMG_3695.jpg IMG_3712.jpg IMG_3730.jpg

For those asking about replacing the trim for the windshield. This universal trim worked very well, no issues on sealing. The joint isn't the prettiest thing, but it's not that noticeable.

IMG_3706.jpg IMG_3704.jpg

So, I did make it out to this years Ice Cream Cruise, one of the 1320Videos events they host here locally. They got started right where I'm at in Nebraska, so they put on a solid show every year. Secured a VIP spot up front! Here's where she sits so far. I'm really happy with the color scheme and how the overall look turned out. I also wanted to paint match the plastic center caps to the bronze powdercoat, so my paint guy used one of those color cameras to match and it's dead on :hellyeah:.

IMG_4068.jpg IMG_4072.jpg IMG_4074.jpg IMG_4078.jpg IMG_4092.jpg

I need to get the seats, sideskirts extensions, and a couple other things on before the weather gets cold and make a quick cinematic video for the build. :dsm:

IMG_4098.jpg IMG_4101.jpg IMG_4105.jpg IMG_4116.jpg

Follow me on Instagram if you want to see more of the car on a regular basis @arxbuster

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019

3K  9

awd · manual · 2G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM likes this.
  3. Dentor

Dentor Probationary Member

Joined Oct 10, 2017
    Stuttgart, Europe
    Where do you get that? Looks nice

Street Build 323  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM likes this.
  4. BLACK'98DSM

BLACK'98DSM Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2019
    Hoover, Alabama
    +1 on that question

Road Race Build 2K  25

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

335  3

2012 Murray Explorer Dune
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

250  6

2009 Troy Bilt Bronco
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles
  5. CountryDSM

CountryDSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 13, 2012
    Omaha, Nebraska
    The glass guy I worked with said it's just one of the standard universal trims and that any glass installer should have it. I can ask for the exact size and if he knows the product name/number, but it's nothing special.

3K  9

awd · manual · 2G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM likes this.
  6. EVLGSX

EVLGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2017
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    Havent seen those ctsvbrakeswap.com spacers before this..............what is there purpose exactly? just to help certain wheels clear? just curious.

You still have to use adapter brackets and grind the knuckle, or get JDM Galant knuckles right?

Judging by the orientation of the calipers, looks like you found some JDM knuckles. they look great btw.

Street Build 2K  15

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. CountryDSM

CountryDSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 13, 2012
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Oh, no this is actually quite the opposite. No grinding, brackets, swapping knuckles, or anything of the like required here.

The purpose of the spacer straight from the website is "The hub-centric adapter spacer mounts between the rotor and the wheel hub to perfectly center the Mustang rotor in the CTS-V caliper."

It's technically bolt on. In total, the swap requires:
    1. Both front 04-07 CTS-V calipers + 04-07 CTSV Pads - $300
    2. 03-04 Mustang Cobra 12.99” front brake rotors - $80-250, depends on brand and style.
    3. Evo 8/9 stainless braided brake lines - Already had a set.
    4. 1G/2G Adapter/Hub-Centric Spacer - $120

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019

3K  9

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  8. EVLGSX

EVLGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2017
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    I didnt know those bolted on like that.......I thought they where the same caliper as the evo8 just in silver haha

does everyone know this? makes them a better option

Street Build 2K  15

awd · manual · 2G DSM