The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Build Last of the Barcelona's (98 GSX)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels look awesome on there. I feel your pain on the advans though. Took me 3 years to find a full set of mint RG2's in a 18x9 +29 for my 2g and they were costly when I did. One of the best looking wheels for a 2g IMO though.

Well I got the front CTSV brakes on. This swap is extremely easy. All was good, my old 17x8 +35 cleared just fine! The bad news. My new 18x8.5 +35 did not clear at all, and I scratched some of the powdercoat off the calipers when I spun the wheel and it dug right in :banghead: . I did my math wrong I suppose.

This called for a 5mm spacer and extended lugs to make it work 2 days before the car show I attend every year. Not ideal, and I really don't like how hard they poke out, but for now I'll have to deal with it until I figure out a solution.

IMG_3672.jpg
IMG_3674.jpg
IMG_3680.jpg
IMG_3687.jpg
IMG_3695.jpg
IMG_3712.jpg
IMG_3730.jpg

For those asking about replacing the trim for the windshield. This universal trim worked very well, no issues on sealing. The joint isn't the prettiest thing, but it's not that noticeable.

IMG_3706.jpg
IMG_3704.jpg

So, I did make it out to this years Ice Cream Cruise, one of the 1320Videos events they host here locally. They got started right where I'm at in Nebraska, so they put on a solid show every year. Secured a VIP spot up front! Here's where she sits so far. I'm really happy with the color scheme and how the overall look turned out. I also wanted to paint match the plastic center caps to the bronze powdercoat, so my paint guy used one of those color cameras to match and it's dead on :hellyeah:.

IMG_4068.jpg
IMG_4072.jpg
IMG_4074.jpg
IMG_4078.jpg
IMG_4092.jpg

I need to get the seats, sideskirts extensions, and a couple other things on before the weather gets cold and make a quick cinematic video for the build. :dsm:

IMG_4098.jpg
IMG_4101.jpg
IMG_4105.jpg
IMG_4116.jpg

Follow me on Instagram if you want to see more of the car on a regular basis @arxbuster

Attachments

• IMG_3705.jpg
    IMG_3705.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3709.jpg
    IMG_3709.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
+1 on that question
Where do you get that? Looks nice

The glass guy I worked with said it's just one of the standard universal trims and that any glass installer should have it. I can ask for the exact size and if he knows the product name/number, but it's nothing special.

Havent seen those ctsvbrakeswap.com spacers before this..............what is there purpose exactly? just to help certain wheels clear? just curious.

You still have to use adapter brackets and grind the knuckle, or get JDM Galant knuckles right?

Judging by the orientation of the calipers, looks like you found some JDM knuckles. they look great btw.

Havent seen those ctsvbrakeswap.com spacers before this..............what is there purpose exactly? just to help certain wheels clear? just curious.

You still have to use adapter brackets and grind the knuckle, or get JDM Galant knuckles right?

Judging by the orientation of the calipers, looks like you found some JDM knuckles. they look great btw.

Oh, no this is actually quite the opposite. No grinding, brackets, swapping knuckles, or anything of the like required here.

The purpose of the spacer straight from the website is "The hub-centric adapter spacer mounts between the rotor and the wheel hub to perfectly center the Mustang rotor in the CTS-V caliper."

It's technically bolt on. In total, the swap requires:
  1. Both front 04-07 CTS-V calipers + 04-07 CTSV Pads - $300
  2. 03-04 Mustang Cobra 12.99” front brake rotors - $80-250, depends on brand and style.
  3. Evo 8/9 stainless braided brake lines - Already had a set.
  4. 1G/2G Adapter/Hub-Centric Spacer - $120

Last edited:
I didnt know those bolted on like that.......I thought they where the same caliper as the evo8 just in silver haha

does everyone know this? makes them a better option

A quick update. I installed the Summit Racing seats and modified them to fit a set of stock manual sliders that I found at the junkyard, so I can raise and lower the front and back. I had power seats and wanted to get rid of that extra weight.

They look good. It's not a perfect match, but I'm happy with them and haven't seen these in a DSM before.

Enjoy some new photos.

032120 arxbuster Olsen Photography NO-3876-Edit (1).jpg
032120 arxbuster Olsen Photography NO-3879 (1).jpg
032120 arxbuster Olsen Photography NO-3934 (1).jpg
032120 arxbuster Olsen Photography NO-3957 (1).jpg
032120 arxbuster Olsen Photography NO-4044 (1).jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back