The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was told it might be a garret. Maybe a cheap t3. Was told the person who owned it before me took his bigger turbo off before he sold the car, and put the smaller turbo on.

Here are some more pictures I took today of the turbo. One of the entire housing, and another of the nameplate on the front.

Attachments

• turboplate3jpg.jpg
    turboplate3jpg.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 335
I saw someone selling a turbo that looked like that on ebay. they said it was a t25. But you know how ebay works so it's not a solid answer.

Just found out the nameplate says KKK, otherwise known as 3K. They merged with another company and became BorgWerner. Can't read any of the numbers on the nameplate so can't ID it on their site. Thinking maybe it's from a German car, maybe a VW.

Me to. Saw a K26/6 on ebay tonight and they look exactly alike. Thanks for the help guys.

Hey guys i got this turbo for free from a friend, the only thing that i know is that its a Garrett. I dont know where it came from or if it even works. I was wondering if you guys can help me identify what turbo it is.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The numbers of the exhuast housing say:
N5S
79A
H1

TR0759...? It looks like a T28 but I can't be sure. Measure the compressor wheel that should help.

It is definitely a T25, it has the same numbers as mine and i just pulled mine off my 99gst. You really can't do too much with those turbos. I hate them. I don't know what mitsubishi was thinking when they put a T25 on an eclipse. They should of at least put a T28 or a 16g would of been nice.

Buddy of mine just gave me this turbo, it has some compressor fin damage, and leaks oil. I am having a hard time figuring out what kind of turbo this is, and if there is a rebuild kit for it. Maybe you tuners have seen this...

(54mm Compressor Wheel) - I would assume it's a hybrid 50 trim?
(50mm Exhaust Wheel)

This is the turbo compared to my 16G (Pictured Left)

Side view Mitsu Compressor,center section with a CNC ported 7 CM^2 housing...

Garett wheel or Mitsu wheel?

Exhaust Wheel

Thanks in advanced!

You need to measure the wheels, not the bore of the housings.

Ben K said:
You need to measure the wheels, not the bore of the housings.

Took me awhile to pull this thing apart...

You can't see in the picture, but it's a 3.0 inch wheel

Here is the exhaust wheel and shaft

Here is the center section

If anyone could tell me what turbo this is, and what rebuild kit I would use that would be awesome. Thanks!

You sir have a 50 trim compressor wheel, turbine wheel is probably a TD06 or 06H. I'd send it off to FP for the rebuild.

I would love to send it off to FP for a rebuild, but I lack the funding. However, I'll buy a new compressor wheel from them. Would you have any idea if a 16G kit or 20G would work to rebuild this centersection? I have a buddy at a turbo shop in town he'll help me tear it down if I can get the correct rebuild kit to save some dough. Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to ask, what size injectors are usually matched with a 50trim, I have RC550's but I have a feeling I will need at least 660's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back