The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks Ananda, how the hell is that install comming? Im eager to hear reviews ;)

So, any HP/TQ/E.T. #'s or full boost #'s (or round about figures) for a well tuned setup on the street (57 T setup)?

Originally posted by Dieselboy
Thanks Ananda, how the hell is that install comming? Im eager to hear reviews ;)

So, any HP/TQ/E.T. #'s or full boost #'s (or round about figures) for a well tuned setup on the street (57 T setup)?

50 trim numbers are all over in all flavers, Hybrids full garrett pump gas race gas. just look around, i know a guy in the br500 thread posted that he went 11.2@126 on a PTE 50.

I used to have a 57 in one of my cars, didn't really like it.
Started to boost at around 3900 with fool boost at about
4300-4400 (22lbs). Really nice on the highway.
But the 60-1 that is in the car now start to boost at about
3600 kind of weird bigger yet spools up faster. If you drive
the car on the street daily I would reccomed something a little
smaller because city driving really suck if you cant boost until
4000rpm.

What are your goals as far as HP of ETs?

Originally posted by CYCLONE
I used to have a 57 in one of my cars, didn't really like it.
Started to boost at around 3900 with fool boost at about
4300-4400 (22lbs). Really nice on the highway.
But the 60-1 that is in the car now start to boost at about
3600 kind of weird bigger yet spools up faster. If you drive
the car on the street daily I would reccomed something a little
smaller because city driving really suck if you cant boost until
4000rpm.

What are your goals as far as HP of ETs?

thats what ive thought, and heard from many derek.

I think the turbo is a little too big, I would STRONGLY suggest going with a 50 trim with the same exhaust side, Once i get my car back, ill let you drive it to see how bad you want a 50 trim. i have a .48 A/R and it spools like a mother####er, but i still miss my top end. Its not much of a freeway runner, If i had a 63 A/R it would be, But i still love the spoolup, You have got to check it out

Thanks Matt :thumb:

I wassnt fully concidering this turbo, I just wanted to get a little imput about it. My hp goals are irrelevant, but my main goal is to have a high 11 second street car and I have found pleanty of turbo's that can suffice that need, I just have to decide which one I will enjoy driving the most. I am still big on ball bearing for the quick spool up and instant boost between shifts, so my #1 choice right now is the FP3052. I am eager to see Ananda and the others on the 3052 thread post some results. I pray to god the GT30 line offered from FP doesnt become a flop like the L-series line from AGP :(

i have one of these with the compressor wheel of a 16g. Would like to know what turbo says "td04hl" on it, out of curiosity.
thanks,
jerome

i understand the housing is 13g now, but again pretty sure its not the stock wheel.
i have a 14b right now and the compressor has the regular "single-blades," this one has the dual blades... making sense?
anyone with a 13g know what the stock cokmpressor wheel looks like?
also does it spool faster(13g over 14b)? (i know its a smaller turbo and wont boost as hard, but im all about thequick spooling..)
thanks again
j

hey all i was just wondering what kinda turbo this is in my car. its not t25 and when i bought it the dude tried saying it was a t4 so he didnt know either. i was thinking it might be a 16g but ive never really been sure so ive just been telling people its stock. any ideas? it would be a big help

Attachments

• turbo1.jpg
    turbo1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 924
That would be a small 16 bro, the TD04 can be a 14b but if you look at the blades on the compressor, see how they are split, thats the 16g. The 14b has single blades.

okay cool, i was thinkin it was a 16g but i wasnt for sure, thanks for confirming that for me
how can you tell its the small 16? im not disagreeing, i just dont know how you can tell the difference from the pics i posted

Dude - please fix the Turbo Supply Oil leak & change out a few of those swollen - kinked up hoses you've got with the proper spec hose before you smoke that nice Turbo - great pix!

Yeah - I can only guess but don't be surprised if he has gas line on coolant system - coolant line on oil supply - power steering line on coolant, etc, etc, ... It's not a stock setup but as long as you have the proper spec hose the fluid could care less - you may want to pick up some heat sphagetti to slip over a few new hoses here or there - at least one of the coolant lines could stand to have a molded 90 degree in it maybe - a good parts guy will let you look at all the hoses of the right spec & then pick one you can cut to suit. It would be a shame to cook that thing over a damn jury-riggged hose - that's probably how he lost his stock 14B & then hooked up the same crap to his next Turbo like a dumbass thinking a hose is a hose is a hose - NOT true.

My TD04 has single blades - a 14B.

That is an effing 13g from a 1g AT. You guys suck.

-aaron

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back