The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo Boost Creep Creeping T25 14B 16G [Merged]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I installed fresh lines so many times.. But I finally realized, hey.. There is a lot of pressure going through there.. A bigger line can't hurt! So it's just something to try :)

Ok so I think I F**ked up. I bought a 3" O2 eliminator downpipe, and 3" exhaust from DP back, without researching properly:banghead:. My problem is I'm boost creeping really bad (obviously:ohdamn:). Ive spent hours on DsmTuners, DsmTalk, and Google trying to find another solution ,other then porting or an external wastegate set up, to no avail. Is it possible? Or are those my only 2 options? Its my DD, so I cant afford to have it down while the turbo is out and being ported, nor can I afford any of the external setups I've seen. Please help me out and deliver me good news. Thanks!!!

buy another turbo and port it (if you have a 14b since those are cheap) then when you get it ported swap them out, the turbo doesn't even have to be good you can just swap the hot-side I just got done porting one it wasn't too bad

or you can lay off the boost

A few hours of porting (2) and it should help, what turbo do you have?14b stock?

Unfortunately as everyone else has said those are the only two options. I'm also creeping really bad on my 16g.

Well I hate to be the one to revive an old thread, but what type wastegate was this, internal/external, and was a boost controller involved? Trying to eliminate my boost creep now that it hits at 4k rpms.

what boost are you running? Are you sure it's creep and not spikes? Could just need a stronger wg acuator! If your trying to run 20psi on a 7psi acuator, you will just fight it to keep control! You can only about double the pressure before you loose control. So say if it's 7psi you can get around 14psi. The best bet is to have a acuator closer to your desired boost level. That way you have more acurate control. With my 14b and the stock acuator and port work I've done, I can run 17-20psi solid! No spikes or creep unless I try and add more, then it's just to much for the stock acuator to handle.

Yes, but a new one and with the right port work, works great! I wrote it out very clear! i said anything over 20 and you loose control! Anyway and im using a HDR mbc LOL! Trust me if I had the 20 year old acuator that was on my gvr4 originally. I wouldn't have as good of control!

First off, sorry if this is the wrong thread.

I have a 97 Eagle Talon TSI FWD that I got about two weeks ago. As far as I can tell the only mods are a cold air intake, Greddy BOV, a NGK ignition system, and a boost controller.

I hooked up a boost gauge and it seems to be spiking up to around 15 and then going steady around 10, without any bog. The spike pressure is not constant and after this it will sometimes creep back up to 15ish.

Is this a serious issue and what would cause this?

Sorry for the long post.

Internal wastegates are more likely to spike and be slightly inconsistent not to big of a deal if its only spiking to 15. And it's not uncommon for boost to drop off towards the higher rpms with smaller turbos (if your running the stock t25) you can port the wastegate flapper hole there's plenty of information just look around.

Maybe a boost leak somewhere.

Sounds about normal though for the t25. I am running stock boost control and I see 15psi at WOT. If I run like that in 1st and 2nd I hit fuel cut. I can give it about 75% throttle and hold a steady 10psi with no fuel cuts. I'm sure I have a few boost leaks in the injector seals and else where that is making the car work harder than it is supposed to to maintain optimal boost holding.

Check for the leaks.

There's plenty of info on boost leak testing, and I wouldn't waste your time upping the boost on the stock t25

Why turn up the boost if you think you are having issues or boost leaks?

For now:
  • Complete a thorough BLT.
  • Get a wideband
  • Rewire fuel pump.
If this all checks out, 14 psi should be safe on t25

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back