The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo Boost Creep Creeping T25 14B 16G [Merged]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it a factory 16g, or does it have a nut on it and adjustable length of the actuator rod.

Un hook the flapper from the actuator and use your hand to hold the lever open. Does it go open further than the actuator rod extends?

Not sure if it's factory or not. I looked up the numbers on the turbo a while ago and it's a big 16g. No adjustment to wastegate length. It does open fully and when I disconnected the wastegate, the flapper moved freely.

You should try and set up ECMlink boost control. Much easier to use and more precise than both a standalone EBC or manual boost controller.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/ecmlink-boost-control-with-stock-boost-control-solenoid-bcs.474792/

It doesn't have the factory BCS. Which option is cheaper? Factory BCS or Ingersoll

WOT starts at 1228 second mark. 24psi. Would you say this is has to address asap? I don't want to throw hp at it if it can't handle it. I'm guessing it's stock head bolts and gasket.

Attachments

• log.2018.01.04-01.elg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
Not sure if it's factory or not. I looked up the numbers on the turbo a while ago and it's a big 16g. No adjustment to wastegate length. It does open fully and when I disconnected the wastegate, the flapper moved freely.

Duh.

Pressurize the wastegate boost line to 15psi to see if that fully opens the flapper as far as it does with the rod unhooked

Check to make sure the flapper is fully open at 12psi

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm not running SD and it. Will this still work? Also, "ECMLink's boost control functions are modeled after the factory implementation provided by Mitsubishi on 1995+ DSMs and Lancer EVOs", This can be used on 1G. Is this corrrect?

Duh.

Pressurize the wastegate boost line to 15psi to see if that fully opens the flapper as far as it does with the rod unhooked

Ok I will test and report back. Thanks!

Duh.

So I did a few things today. I read a thread that PCV's always leak so I installed a check valve in PCV line and performed BLT. I used to hear air near the 3/4 cylinder and now I don't hear it and pressure holds foreverrrr. Because of the check valve, I found the EGR block off leaking also so I tightened that. Then I checked the wastegate and you're right. It DOES NOT extend all the way. I'd say half way at best. Since the WG has no adjustment, do I need to replace it, or is there anything else I can do? Thanks

WOT at 482 second

Attachments

• log.2018.01.10-02.elg
    885.9 KB · Views: 83
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back