The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the middle of the engine block on the back side between it and the firewall. 2 bolts hold the bracket to the motor (and you can't see them because the bracket hides them) and 3 hold the mount to the chassis, at least on a 1g. It is similar on a 2g but the bracket may bolt to the transmission, I'm not sure on the 2g exact bolt location.

On a 2g car in the center in the front if you look down where the bell housing meets the block there is a bracket bolted to the transmission with 2 bolts.

In the rear if you see the speed sensor, the sensor actually goes through the bracket. There is three bolts that hold that to the transmission. It will be easier to see under the car.

Pretty much it’s the two “motor mounts” that are in front of the motor and behind the motor. The bolt you showed looks to be one that holds the brackets to the transmission.

While you’re under there might want to make sure your “crank walk” bolt is there and tight on the block. It’s the only one that threads into the transmission from the block side. It’s 12mm and kinda long. Seems your transmission bolts are coming loose.

Do you happen to have a unsprung clutch disc?

-Daniel.

Thanks, that helps a lot.. Ill go out there and check after these long, irrelevant meetings are over...

I put my Hankook Ventus drag radials on since street tires were not holding her to the road. They "help".
First time they have seen a road and prolly want less than 30lbs in them but it's a start :)
I painted the rear calipers while I had the rims off also.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Put together these spare headlights I got in a trade for some 2ga lights that I ended up quad projector retrofitting for someone. They’re brand new. Tried to give them that JDM/EDM look. Was thinking to put them on my car but the gap with my 2ga bumper would definitely annoy me after a while

Reflectors are 2ga OEM with low beam glare shields removed and LED bulbs added. Because the LED chips are oriented correctly they actually output well with very little added glare. High beams were painted yellow and put some Sylvania bulbs. Although the bulbs aren’t yellow the beam is which looks badass. I removed the clear reflectors over the corners so that the amber behind can be seen more clearly

I’d love to see these on a white or black 2gb

Last edited:
Installed rear bumper worked on wiring, continue on brakes, found radiaotor hoses, speaker wiring cleaned it off a bit. Getting ready for the dyno.

Got my sticker paper so I printed a full sheet of barcode decals. Looks clean AF.

Installed the WSS billet bracket bushing replacement inserts. My stock ones crumbled apart when I took the bolts off.

Finally found a welder to do the bung since my old one was jammed up against the throttle stop switch. Chopped my 2 replacement studs down a few mm to make them all match.

Got my new ashtray and super clean OEM boot.

Continued to rage over the bullshit tax laws in this dystopian country.

Grab a free barcode program and use Code 128. Convert your trans code to Code 128 and print.
The labels are 2" x 11/16" for factory size.

Replaced shifter bushings with a set from dsm 3d creations and they made a HUGE difference. Also while doing so, noticed the tension spring? I think.its called on the shifter was not installed correctly telling me someone has messed with it before I owned it. There is now little to no slop in shifter. Took her to the car wash and stretched her legs a bit.

I did a fuel pump rewire today. I could not get it to work. Once finished the car would not crank. Checked voltage, none at the pump. Wasted 3 hours on that thing. Wired it back up to factory specs and it works. Went back and forth a few times with it to no avail. I've done low voltage wiring since 1997 for a living. I'm like really good at it. Or so I thought. Came inside and showered, sat down and it hit me. I wired the %$*&%#=/_ power wire to the negative battery terminal. I will take the "sign" that Bill Engvall hands out from anyone that wants to give it to me. Lol

I did a fuel pump rewire today. I could not get it to work. Once finished the car would not crank. Checked voltage, none at the pump. Wasted 3 hours on that thing. Wired it back up to factory specs and it works. Went back and forth a few times with it to no avail. I've done low voltage wiring since 1997 for a living. I'm like really good at it. Or so I thought. Came inside and showered, sat down and it hit me. I wired the %$*&%#=/_ power wire to the negative battery terminal. I will take the "sign" that Bill Engvall hands out from anyone that wants to give it to me. Lol
Bro dont sweat it... ask Marty i spent 2 daus trying to figure out why a simple alternator rewire wasnt producing voltage. Checked positive and negative at several points and nothing. Went to get ready to pull the alternator and realized I never plugged in the harness for it to know it needs to make voltage...

Ill share my sign with you

Modeled up and 3DP'd some door card clips in ASA plastic. Next up will be a rectangular floor plug in NinjaFlex, because the originals are ... past their prime.

Sorted wiring and got my interior buttoned back up.

Ordered new black AN fittings for OFH and AFPR.

Started working on more replica labels.

Last edited:
Sorted wiring and got my interior buttoned back up.

Ordered new black AN fittings for OFH and AFPR.

Started working on more replica labels.

What are those seats? Freakin’ awesome!

What are those seats? Freakin’ awesome!
Just some no brand seats I found on eBay. Looked way more appropriate for the car than the last ones I had. Had to order from 2 different sellers because I couldn't find them for sale in a pair. It was really weird. Could only find 1 passenger seat in the states.

Last edited:
Finally got all the components in for my audio system.

So, today I installed the speakers, back-up camera, and ran all the wiring for amp, speakers, back-up camera. Also applied the first coat of dye to my interior carpet…. Below is before and after photos.

Sorry, had already started when I remembered to take a pic, but you can definitely tell the difference.

Installed my new billet COP plate made by ACSP Racing here in Quebec...fitment is PERFECT.

Also welded a -16an fitting onto my water neck, did the water pipe a few months ago and still need to weld the ones on the radiator.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back