The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Thoughts / insight please.. 4g63 non turbo conv. build..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90laserRSfwd

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2007
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Pre-requisite:
I'm gathering parts for 1g non turbo to turbo conversion. I intended on doing a very mild build. I have zero intentions of going e85. I'm strictly keeping this car on pump gas. I do not have a set horsepower number or E.T. goal for this car. (350whp and 11.999 if you need a ball park idea). I plan to just mod the car till I'm content with how it performs. I have a respectable back ground in DSM's and cars in general. To be perfectly clear (and honest), I am ok with buying a couple gallons of c16 at the track, but am firm on 93 oct for the rest of the cars use. I also am thinking of swapping the punishment FMIC for a JM Fab / ETS / Buschur unit also...

Moving on to the list:

v3 with SD
Walbro 255 HP (rewired)
Fuel Lab Filter & FPR setup
950cc - 1450cc injectors
Innovate MTX-L
FP manifold
FP 68hta turbo
FP oil feed line / blue drain tube
o2 dump / 3" turboback
3" intake w/ K&N filter
Rebuilt turbo long block
BSE w/ OEM parts
ARP head studs
Composite head gasket
br7es (.024" gap)
Stock cam's or GSC S1's
Kiggly springs if S1's
Punishment FMIC kit
HKS (blk edition) SSQV

I'm unsure about clutch and or LSD selections yet, but I'm thinking ACT 2600 / Quaife combo.

Hoosier QTP's for the track

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Al that looks ok once your turbo your turbo, that's about it I did the swap about 10 years ago when I was fwd now im awd but the list is ok nothing out of the ordinary, or special.

I thought the list seemed fairly complete and well rounded. Obviously I'm taking care of the wiring, knock sensor, turbo trans and flywheel, etc. I ASSumed people reading my post would take into consideration those things before replying..

We like the valve spring choice :thumb:

Be sure to add an HLA to the list too.

Kevin, do you feel that the HLA would benefit this build? I was looking at the street beehive spring kit you offer for piece of mind with the S1's..

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back