DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)
Almost done gutting the bay but not sure if I want to go ALL the way and tackle the fire wall or just bag it and tape it off. I’ll decide tomorrow
One front stud on the subframe fought me. Had to drill the bushing and torch it. Looking into new bushings. About 5 total broken bolts and a pound of dirt in the p/s fender. It was rusting the inside of the fender. That’ll have to be addressed.
Had the garage clean for a few days after assembling the engine and we’re back to this.
Making progress! Couple of spots left to tackle in the bay and she’s ready for primer. Got the subframe, sway bar, lca and brackets painted. Picked up energy suspension bushing up front and can’t wait to how those feel. Took the time to remove all the clips carefully without breaking any. Hopefully start painting the bay by the end of the week.
Finally completed painting the bay. 2 cans of 2k epoxy primer, 6.5 8oz duplicolor top coat and 2 cans of clear. A few runs of clear here and there but I’m happy with the way it turned out. First and most likely the last time I’ll be doing this. Lol
I should really change all the flaking hard lines since I’m here but honestly want to get this on the road already.
Thanks Jeremy! Lol she doesn’t like it either . She hates when I get on it and that I’m dumping money into it. She makes me promise not to get on it if we decide to take the dsm. If I see a fast car, I’m making a 3rd gear pull. Me her
When I removed the fender on disassembly, there was A LOT of debris in there. I knew it was going to be trouble. Good news is the cap for the side skirt covers it. Not sure if I want to attempt this repair or if it’s even reparable.
I needed something therapeutic so I decided to clean up the head lights which turn out better than I thought.
As far as the bay, we’re about half way there. Cleaned up the wiring and still not done. Shortened the maf connector, added fuel pressure and oil pressure wiring and the dreaded 1g headlight harness. Seriously HATED looking there when the hood opened.
Dropped the motor in with only two scratches. One on the rear mount and the other on the drivers side. Not too mad about that though. I did damage the oil pressure sensor. Idk if it’ll leak but they’re not that expensive.
Should be getting the new condenser tomorrow so It should be smooth sailing from here...fingers crossed!!