The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

99 GSX Rebirth/Clean-Up/Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polish up that exhaust and those recent photos would become the cleanest DSM ever.

I daily this car during the summer and it was raining for straight days LOL, driving through puddles I guess made the muffler look messed up but it is preety much brand new! And thanks!

Amazing build man, well done! I hate having limited time to work on the car while attending school. Especially when you have parts waiting to be installed sitting in your garage LOL. Have anymore plans for her? Also, what are you studying at Iowa State? I have some friends that go to school down there and have gone to visit/party down there a few times. Awesome school, and also very fun :sneaky:

Saw you at ICC! Did you head down to MAM? There was only one DSM including me but we held our own.

Hey were you the one that stopped and talked to me for a couple minutes?? and yeah I headed to MAM but left around midnight and drove 7 hours throught the night LOL

Amazing build man, well done! I hate having limited time to work on the car while attending school. Especially when you have parts waiting to be installed sitting in your garage LOL. Have anymore plans for her? Also, what are you studying at Iowa State? I have some friends that go to school down there and have gone to visit/party down there a few times. Awesome school, and also very fun :sneaky:

My only plans are evo seats really, and just fixing dents/ little things that piss me off. I'm a junior in mechanical engineering here, and yes it is very fun :cool:

Haven't been on the forums much lately, drove about 5k miles this summer in the Eclipse and did minor cosmetic/ mechanical things but nothing big.

It is put away in storage already now that I'm back at school. But I will be back mid September to take the car to MOD in Normal, IL.

I have some pictures I haven't put up yet that I guess I can put up haha.

9599609945_2255bcf9cb_b.jpg
[/url]
_DSC0014 by bradydingeldein, on Flickr[/IMG]

9599631305_12a70cb1fc_b.jpg
[/url]
_DSC0012 by bradydingeldein, on Flickr[/IMG]

9602872316_899aa52fd7_b.jpg
[/url]
_DSC0009 by bradydingeldein, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hey were you the one that stopped and talked to me for a couple minutes?? and yeah I headed to MAM but left around midnight and drove 7 hours throught the night LOL

I don't think so I passed your car a couple times before it hit me and then i took a closer look but I missed out on meeting the owner haha! Yeah me and a 1g raced till about 2am. I think I was in the same row as you I was the only Barcelona red there LOL.

Awesome build man, keep up the good work :thumb:
What front lip are you running? let me know thanks

Damn, i am impressed bro. Im jealous, but more so happy for you. You didnt spend a fortune and your car is better looking than people that spend twice as much(point finger at myself hehe). You just put in a tremendous amount of elbow grease. Great work, beautiful 2g. Nuff said

First off I have to say that your car is so sexy and done perfectly. I have very similar goals except my car's red. I was just wondering how much paint you used to do the engine bay? Was it gun or spray can? And finally if you ordered it online could you point me towards their website. Thanks in advance. Again, great build!! :hellyeah:

This car is super clean! Great job on everything you've done so far! The only thing id change would be removing the rear wiper, antenna, and mud flaps. But im just overly picky LOL. You have a beautiful dsm. Keep up the great work! :thumb:

Ive been searching for a good street build like this and your car is just amazing! all the time and dedication you put into your car is just awesome. By far the best white eclipse around. Looks great.

I didn't know you had a build thread on here! Glad I found it though! Keep up the good work buddy!

Haha yeah I didn't start it until I was pretty much done.

Anyway, I decided to ditch the small 16g set up and go big or go home.

New purchases for summer 2014

-Brand new Holset HX40
-BEP bolt on Mitsu housing
-Tial 38mm MVS wastegate
-Punishment racing recirculated o2 housing
-Tial 50mm bov

It is a pretty expensive set up compared to my internally gated 16g but it should be a lot of fun and really be the icing on the cake for my dsm.

Other plans for this summer are to replace my driver strut tower and have the bay professionally painted. I already have a parts car from down south that I have about 90% of the spot welds drilled out and plan on replacing it on mine this spring break.

19B17997-A7A7-46A5-9C57-FC61B67BDA36_zpsbdmqqden.png

54364009-4CD0-4FA0-8B94-20827A674B5E_zpsxtaf0vos.jpg

6F80A4AA-E8EF-41A7-BC93-839B4A842230_zps0jbpd9pr.jpg

Hopefully I will be able to add to this thread over spring break!

I know this isn't your daily, but aren't you worried about lag?

Looks good. I like this a lot. Good luck!

This is one hell of a build !!!!!

Im jealous !!!!!!!!!

Can i just ask ,

The donor car AWD do you still have it ?? would you sell if yiou do?? and ship to england

Damn thats a sexy ride, that fitment.... and the evo9 momo wheel looks like it totally belongs in that drivers compartment. Doing it right my friend doing it right.:thumb:

Im jealous !!!!!!!!!

Can i just ask ,

The donor car AWD do you still have it ?? would you sell if yiou do?? and ship to england

Dude that shells long gone. Bud already asked to buy it I believe. Plus shipping would be a pain you should look for an exporting/importing company in that regard.

Damn thats a sexy ride, that fitment.... and the evo9 momo wheel looks like it totally belongs in that drivers compartment. Doing it right my friend doing it right.:thumb:

Thank you! I agree, I'm not quite sure why Mitsubishi didn't put some quality aftermarket parts stock on these cars like they did the evo!

Im jealous !!!!!!!!!

Can i just ask ,

Car is longggg gone haha and shipping would be insane.. Thanks for liking my build though!

Well I finally got my hx40 in from FedEx. Thing is MASSIVE.

Can't wait to get this installed for this summer.

Here are some more pics.

12464284725_1ce8b726e9_b.png

12464806654_10d71eae51_b.jpg

12464470153_d8f5964313_b.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back